“Good meal, friendly ownership” 4 of 5 stars
Review of David's Bistro

David's Bistro
432 Richmond St, London, Ontario, Canada (Central London)
519-667-0535
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central London
La Jolla, California
“Good meal, friendly ownership”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were greeted and served by David himself so it was nice to be in a family run restaurant again. He was kind to split our dishes which included a green salad which was not too memorable but the pickerel was delicious. Wine choices were good and not badly priced. All in all, a good choice for the London area.

Visited July 2013

Vancouver
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This place has wonderful service and even better food. I love food and dining out.....I highly recommend it.

Thunder Bay, Ontario
“Great experience from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

During a family visit to London, my sisters and I had a wonderful lunch at David's Bistro. The wine list included some real gems and there were plenty to choose from. Many of us enjoyed the asparagus and leek bisque which I highly recommend. One in our party ordered minestrone...all fresh ingredients and looked like a meal itself. The scallops were perfectly cooked and I would recommend them. Others in our party ordered pickerel/chicken and everyone loved their meals. Several of us ordered desserts which capped off a perfect meal. The service was efficient and the atmosphere intimate. The owner checked in to ensure we enjoyed our meal...which we certainly did. If in London again, I would definitely return...hopefully for dinner!

London
“Good Food Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took my friend out for a nice dinner Monday night July 15th. I ordered the prix fix menu $30. The special was english bangers with roaster potatoes in a portebello mushroom sauce it was very good. The appetizer was a "pork pate" with a sauerkraut and fig puree, and for dessert I had a chocolate torte. My friend had the fillet mignon which I had a bite off and it was cooked to perfection. We also had a bottle of velvet devil merlot wine which complemented the meal very well. The only reason why I gave it 4 stars was the service seemed a tad bit slow and the table right next to us that got there after us was served more quickly and left before us. I think other than that I will definitely be back!

Meaford, Canada
“Wonderful Wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We dined at "David's Bistro" last weekend based on Trip Advisor recommendations. WOW! No one told us that the entire wine list is available by the glass or the bottle including most black board specials. The mark up is modest and the privately imported items are exotic and tasty. David says he's "there to sell wine, not store it"! He brought over several samples for a free tasting and we loved the Spanish Bassa. The prix fixe menu changes regularly and everything is fresh, seasonal and carefully plated. We loved the hint of anchovies in the Caesar salad and the kitchen has a way with fish. Ahi tuna was cooked just right and the Lake Erie perch was delightful. We finished off with just enough room for a decaf expresso and Crème Brulee. This restaurant is small and reservations are recommended unless you dine after 8 p.m. My only suggestion would be to tone down the all red walls. They're a trifle over-whelming!

• Visited June 2013