“I'm glad I stopped” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Spring Hill, Florida
“I'm glad I stopped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Headed to a meeting in Milton I decided to stop for the night in London. I had never stayed in a Staybridge before but if this property is any indication of other Staybridge properties I will definitely use them more.

The room was nice, the service was outstanding and the Shepard's pie for supper was great.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed at this Staybridge throughout the weeks of my 4 month business trip to London, On and must say it was a fantastic place at a great price!

• Stayed June 2011
lagos, nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here at the end of a four city trip through the US and Canada and this was the best of the hotels we stayed in. We had a 2-bedroom suite with a separate living room & kitchen area which really suited our group of five – 2 adults & 3 teenagers.

The room was clean with very comfortable beds & the bathrooms were spotless, only downside were the TVs – old CRT types. The breakfast was excellent with variety over the days we stayed there. The Hotel location is good – close to the White Oaks Mall, shops and various restaurants on Wellington Street.

The Hotel is located in a huge area with several other Hotels so I suppose while this makes for adequate parking space they have to maintain high standards to avoid losing their guests to these other places.

Staff were nice and attentive and checkin/checkout were smooth & fast. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to family & friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Our Hockey Team stayed here this past weekend we just got home and I jumped on to write a review. We loved it, the rooms were a good size, free breakfast and a mini put course for the kids to play. They hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. We will be returning for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites on a buisness trip to London. The staff was kind and friendly. The rooms were extremely clean and quite modern (except for the TV - but they were installing new ones while we were there). For two people the room was very spacious and I loved how the sink and mirror were in a separate room from the shower and toilet - great for getting ready in the mornings! Although we didn't do any cooking while we were there it was so convienient that the kitchen came equipped with essentials like cutlery, glasses etc. making it so easy to prepare breakfast, put together our lunches etc.

The hotel itself has so many amenities to make a peron's stay more comfortable. Guests are provided with coffee, tea and microwave popcorn in their room. A paper is delivered to your room each morning. There are free laundry facilities, a private theatre room which can be booked if you want to view a movie. The pool and exercise facilities were decent and it was nice that the exercise facilities could be used 24 hrs a day. We stayed on the fouth floor and had no problems with noise while we were there.

The only areas which I thought could be improved were the buisness centre and the quality of the food. The computers in the buisness centre were old and the internet was extremely slow. For a hotel that caters to people on extended stays, many of which I assume would be there for buisness, it would be wise to invest in a faster internet connection and maybe some office/word processing programs on the computer.

I wasn't thrilled with the food either. If you are simply seeking a continential breakfast (toast, bagels, muffins, fruit etc.) that is done well. The hot food that was provided though is nothing stellar and is comparable to the food that is typically served in a hospital or school cafeteria. The food was very basic and bland and you can tell that most of it came out of a box or the freezer. There were tater tots served every morning for breakfast, the bacon was closer to the microwave variety rather than real and from their taste, I'm assuming that the eggs were in powder form before being mixed with water and cooked. I was a little disappointed in this because this is the point of staying at an extended stay hotel - the food is part of what you are paying for. Overall I found the food very unappetizing and struggled to find something that I wanted to eat each time we went down.

Besides those concerns though, I really enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again - I would just eat out next time!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've stayed here before and returned for another stay on a recent business trip. The hotel has maintained its high standards. This time I was even more impressed with the front desk staff who was warm and welcoming and followed up personally to see if everything was satisfactory. Bonus - I tried their complimentary dinner for the first time and it was perfect. Crisp fresh salad with a marinara pasta that just hit the spot after a long day of meetings that left me too tired to venture out for dinner. I rebooked already for my next visit to London, in 2 weeks!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Windsor, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We have stayed at the Staybridge in London a few times now and each time it was perfect. The combination of a good breakfast buffet selection and very affordable rates combined with a practical and easy to find location make this a hands down winner. We don't even look at other places to stay in London anymore. Well furnished, clean, and staffed with very nice people, we'll be back! They even offered us a medical rate when in the area for procedures carried out at the London Health Sciences Centre.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites London? Share your experiences!