This was my second time staying here (I stayed here with my boyfriend for New Years Eve last year, as well).
Check-in went very smoothly and our requests for a higher floor, away from an elevator were met. There were no extra towels in our room, as requested, but the staff member who checked us in warned us that the towels may not be in our room and to call and ask her for towels if we needed them.
We stayed in the 1bdrm king suite.
Last year, we experienced issues with the water (it was very hard and honestly hurt our skin after every shower)...this was not a problem this year! As last year, there were a few scuff marks on the door but the room was fairly clean and nicely decorated (I say "fairly" clean because we found some garbage near the bed and in the living area).
The room is equipped with a full size refrigerator (equipped with a very loud ice maker in the freezer!), toaster, microwave, two-burner stove top, dishwasher, and a small coffee maker. The kitchen comes with VERY basic cooking supplies but could definitely use more. From what I can remember, the kitchen came with plates (4 large, 4 small), 4 small bowls, glasses (4 large, 4 small), 4 mugs, a pot, a frying pan with lid, small cutting board, one large knife, one small knife, cutlery (4 forks, 4 butter knives, 2 small spoons and 2 large spoons), a spatula and a large plastic spoon. I really enjoy cooking and tend to cook more advanced meals (on this last trip I cooked risotto), so we bring our own cooking supplies, but I feel the room isn't very well equipped even for the most basic cooking.
The room also came with two very large televisions (they appear newer than the ones we had last year). We experienced issues with the cable last year but this year we had no such issues!
We didn't take advantage of the complimentary dinners or breakfasts but I did venture down to the dining area to snag a few wine glasses.
The room was fairly quiet, which was very nice. Really, the one complaint either of us had, for the second year in a row, is with the heating system. In the 1 bedroom suite there are two units: one in the living area and one in the bedroom. They appear to be quite old. Each are individually controlled by a thermostat on the wall in each room and both are very loud. The one in the living room only blew cold air, no matter how high we set it. The one in the bedroom blew hot air but it heated up the room so fast that we only had it turned on for 5-10 minutes at the most. We couldn't set a temperature because the system would turn on, bring the room (presumably) up to the temperature we set, click off, but then click back on a minute or so later. It kept us up at night so we had to shut it off. This may not sound like a huge deal but when you're getting out of the shower or just crawling out of bed and the room you're in is freezing...it's quiet unpleasant.
Barring that, we enjoyed are stay and will likely be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brilliantly situated in the heart of London's Business District, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® London Ontario hotel provides prime accommodations for anyone traveling to Ontario for business or for pleasure. Business travelers have easy access to local businesses. Our Homewood Suites in London, Ontario hotel features 106 spacious suites. These generous rooms are equally suitable for both work and leisure activities, so if you're looking for temporary housing or corporate housing in London, Ontario, you've come to the right place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Hotel London
- Homewood Suites London
- Homewood London
- London Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton London Ontario