“Fabulous Hotel, Great Service, Excellent Value!” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Business Package
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Windsor, Canada
“Fabulous Hotel, Great Service, Excellent Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

After visiting the London, Ontario area several times over the years and staying in a variety of locations, this hotel takes them all! We tried this location again after reading the many wonderful reviews and we have to agree that this is the best value for your money. The breakfast was outstanding which now includes waffles, eggs, sausage, and potatoes along with the other standard breakfast offerings. Will definitely stay at this location again in the future!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Owen Sound, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel many times, and it is my favorite hotel in London. It is clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff are very friendly, the breakfast is everything you need. I sleep better here than at home!

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Catharines, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Apparently a new policy is being implemented so no travellers may stay unless accompanied by an "Adult over 25 years of age" due to partying. This was not described on the website at the time of booking. This was extremely inconvenient. My boyfriend and I were in town for a gem and mineral show (definitely not there to party) and had to scramble to get a hotel after being refused. The check-in staff did not offer to assist in helping us find accomodation elsewhere. I am very disappointed in the service that was offered; the entire experience was very inhospitable. Why not have a policy that involves paying a deposit that is refundable if no partying occurs and only punish those who break the rules? That would be fair and make much more sense. I feel that this is going to cause a loss of business. I definitely would not recommend this hotel because of this policy and the poor service received.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

we stayed here for one night for a wedding partry. This hotel seems out of place being in a residential area but it makes for a very quiet and enjoyable stay and is close to anything you need. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The girl on the counter even gathered us all together in front of the fireplace for a family photo which was a nice touch! The pool is a nice way to relax after travelling but there is a concern with the slipperyness of the tile especially if someone uses the shower first. Also there was a minor issue with the weight lifting apparatus with cables being misalinged which we forgot to mention to the staff the next day.
Continental breakfeast on the cozy dining area was a nice touch to start the day. Everything was fresh and the coffee was really good with a nice cselectionm of toast pastries cereal etc etc to choose from.
Will definately make this the place to stay when in London!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I work in the hotel industry so my expectations might be higher then so people. I use Trip Adviser often not only for booking my personal trips but to check my place of employment as well.

I was very impressed with the cleaning staff at the Country Inn & Suites. It was the little things that impressed me the most. They took the time to fold the toilet paper into an arrow shape, they where creative with the towels and linens by folding them to create a fan or simple design. It is the simple steps that show the staff care. The room was spotless when we arrived and when we return the second night the room was neatly organized and our belongings were treated with respect (No easy task when you have a large family).

The Guest Service staff was polite. They showed us to our room; (it was just down the hall from the lobby) and each time we walked passed greeted us with a smile and a polite hello. The hotel was quite and felt welcoming.

The only negative comment which put a small damper on our vacation was the fact the indoor pool was very cold. My children who normally could stay in a pool for hours on end remained in the pool for fifteen minutes before coming out shivering. It was to cool for my wife or I to swim so we opted to stay by the poolside and just watch our children. The positive side is that my family did have the pool all to ourselves.

Overall my family had a wonderful stay. The price was good and the staff were hospitable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Eastend, SK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Our stay was a week long, as well my parents were booked for a month due to my dad having to have a very serious surgery. We came from Saskatchewan and this being my first time to Ontario.... I have to say that we were very comfortable here at the hotel. Crystal, the young lady at the front desk is such a blessing. Through this difficult time for my family, she was so sweet and very helpful. The other staff was also great.... from the lady in the breakfast room to the ladies cleaning the rooms... absolutely wonderful people.
In leaving earlier than my parents I was very comforted in the fact that my mom (& dad when he got out of hospital) had someone their for them..... Crystal (front desk clerk)! She told me that she would look after my parents and make sure they would be ok.
I'm just very grateful that staying in this hotel didn't add any extra stress to an already very stressful situation.
Thanks to all the staff at the Country Inn & Suites!
Sharon. R.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Well on arrival the Country Inn & Suites was not as large as I had expected but still that great Welcome feeling. We had traveled from Whistler BC to Quebec & then to London and had been on the road for 10 days and in 8 different hotels all of which I had chosen through trip adviser my bible..........Every hotel I had chosen I had not been mislead or upset and some were pure Gems.
London's Country Inn & Suites was a really nice comfortable hotel, Chrystal onfront desk was fantastic she was so helpful it was amazing,helping us find furniture for our sons move to London & jumping into action when I stupidly left my cell phone at a restaurant...FULL SERVICE the kind of service you expect from a 5 Diamond property.
Our room was a 1 bed suite with a pull out bed ok for a 19yr old for 2 nights , bedroom had a King , we had fridge ,coffee 7 TV's in both rooms......Free Wireless Internet
Breakfast was great all the usual Toast,Bagel,English Muffin,Cereal, PLUS homemade on the spot Cinnamon Buns & Muffins they were great........there was one person organizing all the food on a busy Sunday Morning and she was a little gruff ( no personality) but she was very busy.
This was a great hotel to end our trip with & will definitely be back

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites London South? Share your experiences!