“Good breakfast, clean, and affordable.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #25 of 41 hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Good breakfast, clean, and affordable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We arrived early and the staff was accommodating enough to let us have the room so we could store our things away and head to Storybook Gardens. The fridge in the room was nice and cold so we were able to pick up some food at the Food Basics up the street and store it away to save on eating out costs. The breakfast the next morning was cereal, bagels and fresh waffles. Satisfying and easy for the little ones. Accommodations and service were right on par with the price, which was definitely right.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable, some with memory foam. There is always cheerful and friendly staff, who go out of their way to please you. The rates are very good , the motel is close to white oaks mall and other amenities. We enjoy our mini vacations here. I would recommend, this motel to everyone. The breakfast is excellent with pastry , cereal, juice, toast, waffles, and much more. A great start for the day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We found this hotel to provide everything we needed for a wonderful stay in London. Location is easy to find and easy to get to parks and other sites in London. Some good shopping areas are also close by. The management was very helpful in giving tips about what to see and do. Room was comfortable with a good breakfast to start the day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Bayfiel On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

An elderly reletive had to move as a fire occurred where she was living. She is disabled with minimum support. She is in transition until other living accom become available. I put her up at Howard Johnson for a 1 week stay. Not knowing London that well it was soon realized she could not cross the street with her wheelchair in busy traffic. This required a change to another location.. A 1 week package was purchased. Kash at front desk understood the problem and was accomodating in the refund charging the 3 day stay of my relative. Staff at Howard Johnson Exeter Rd. London were very helpful in assisting my relative while she was there. Thank you

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Howard Johnson is easily found after exiting the highway. The reception was nice, friendly and had a great sense of humor. I was having a great day already but she made it even better.

The lady at the front desk offered to increase our room size after seeing our party size (initially the rooms were fully booked, by they had a cancellation) so we can stay more comfortably. Very observant I have to say.

The rooms were nice, neat and clean. For the price I paid, I felt like I got a great value. Unlike some hotels that charged me a similar price but made me feel like I'm living in a shelter.

I forgot my toothbrush and they gave me one for free (unlike those that charge for it). Waffles supplied at the breakfast is a unique option and the staff was quick to refill missing things at breakfast.

Beds are well maintained and cleaned. I had a long day and the sleep refreshed me perfectly for the next busy day.

Overall a great experience. Definitely going back for the great value and service I received.
-Ken

Room Tip: Be honest with the front desk and tell everything
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I booked this hotel through Expedia.ca and paid upfront. Upon arrival I found the desk clerk to be very rude....the lobby and little eating area smelled so much of smoke that you could cut it with a knife. Also when I booked the room on expedia it said pets welcome....no extra price mentioned. Upon arrival I was told that I had to pay an extra $10.00 per night for my little dog. So that put the room up to over $75.00 per night incl. taxes. I shoud have stayed at the Ramada like I usually do.....much nicer, cleaner and friendlier staff. Also my room looked ok from a distance as long as you didn't look under the bed......dirt, chips,,,,,etc. etc. I will NEVER go there again even if it's FREE.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
The Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I was with my wife and young child. The rate was lowest and I was skeptical .I initially booked for 5 days and landed staying for 12 nights. The rooms are very clean and staff is very friendly. They gave us privacy and also they helped us when we needed to find out about the city. I guess it was like 4 star hotel with economical rate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Inn London? Share your experiences!