“Sincerity and warmth” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in London
London, Ontario, Canada
“Sincerity and warmth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife Joan and I had the occasion to enjoy the hospitality of The Windermere Manor about a month ago . Our day started off with lunch in the informal dining area which was expertly prepared and served to us. The ambiance was very pleasant and the menu is quite pleasing as evidenced by a capacity crowd. Our evening continued with dinner in the formal area followed by a fantastic musical tribute to Sting performed live right in front of us. We found the staff to be well trained and very accommodating. We had the pleasure of meeting the Corporate sales manger Brenda as well as the general manager Niall who impressed us with their genuine love for the hospitality industry and for making people happy. The folks who we sat with at the table for dinner show were strangers but also were extremely hospitable. Must be something in the air @ the Manor! We are looking forward to our next visit and hope that our friends join us- Brian and Joan Mortimer

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Windermere Manor is one of my favourite places in London! The surroundings are picturesque – a park like setting within the city. In addition to celebrating my mother’s wedding at this location, it has been a favourite place to go for lunch or dinner. I enjoyed the bee-licious menu last fall that included items made with honey from their very own honey bees (an apiary is right there for viewing). My special guest has not stopped raving about the experience! Never too late to begin new traditions: my family now goes for a special lunch to celebrate the Christmas season. A gem within the city. - Christine

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have found that the food, service and everything else about Windermere Manor is top notch! I have never been disappointed. The beehives are fascinating. The complete Manor is a place full of character and nostalgia. A delight to to spend time there!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night away from the kids for our wedding anniversary. Our room was a good size with a great view of the grounds. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Both meals were great with good portion sizes. The restaurant in the morning is a very peaceful place to start a day, with an amazing view and you feel like you are in the middle of an estate as you have a leisurely start to your day. After breakfast we went for a walk around the grounds, it was great exploring on the grounds as we came upon old walls and stairs tucked in the paths.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarnia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

For the price we paid to stay there, we were disappointed with our room and the complimentary breakfast the next day.

Our room was very dated, the TV barely worked, the room was musty and had bugs in the bathroom.

The breakfast was sparse. I consider large bowls of fruit loops and frosted flakes a fine breakfast for an 8 year old. There was no fruit. A large bowl of yogurt sat out with no ice under it and nothing to put in it. The milk for the cereal was also sitting on the table with nothing to keep it cold. We left hungry and found a Tim Hortons down the road.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the lower level
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah W, Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Hello Kim D,

Thank-you for your review and feedback. I am sorry that your experience at The Windermere Manor Hotel and Conference Centre was not a positive one.

I have discussed your feedback with our Management team and we are looking into ways to improve our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I would like to look into the information you have provided with regards to your guestroom, as this is certainly not how The Windermere Manor Hotel would like to be perceived.

Please call me at 519-858-5198 or email sarah.williams@windermere.uwo.ca, to ensure I can get the details of your room number and rectify these issues right away.

The next time you are travelling to London I ask that you consider The Windermere Manor Hotel. Please contact me directly to book a room, and give us the opportunity to make it right. I will personally ensure that your opinion of The Windermere Manor is a positive one following your next stay.

Thank-you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Sarah Williams
Guest Services Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We needed a place to stay while our floors were being done. We stayed about a week. The service was great! The staff was friendly and very accommodating as we had young children at the time, always ready with fresh towels, cutlery etc each morning. The room was great size, livingroom, kitchen, seperate bedroom, two tv's. We planned on ordering in every night but to our surprise the Cafe had excellent food! Since then my husband and I have been back many times for "Stay Vacations".

Room Tip: Ask fo rthe suite
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sarah W, Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Hello Gwen Phillips,

Thank-you very much for taking the time to share your positive experiences at The Windermere Manor Hotel, your feedback is certainly appreciated. Being in the Hospitality industry, it is our job to meet our guests requirements to the best of our ability, and I am pleased that our staff met these requirements for you and your family. I agree the Windermere Cafe does have excellent food, and I am pleased to hear you and your husband have since been back for "Stay Vacations".

The Windermere Manor Hotel is a great "Stay Vacation" location, and provides a feeling of being in the country, while in reality you are only a 10 minute drive to downtown London.

Sarah Williams
Guest Services Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have had many meals and a stay at Windermere Manor; loved them all. But just this last week, I had the opportunity to book a meeting room to run a World Class Speaking Boot Camp. The service was incredible, the room was perfect, and the thing I appreciated the most was that I felt at home. Although I was just renting a space, I felt like I could set things up just the way I love them to be with my boot camps. When I thought it couldn't get better, I went into the grand hall, and so the most beautiful set up for a wedding; I can not even describe, but I did see a bride so thrilled she could have burst. Planning a trip away, a meal somewhere special or a function to perfection Windermere is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!