“Good Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Jambala was closed and we found this neat little spot. Retro/vintage decor but the food was good. I've never liked perogies until l had these! I ordered Caesar salad, which was good. My sister got the goat cheese beat salad. My niece got the pouting perogies (mashed potatoes & cheese). Prices reasonable. Fast good service. Would go again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, Canada
“So good!! It's worth the caloric splurge!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just went here for lunch today after hearing about it from some co-workers. I ordered the 'popper' grilled cheese- very yummy! I loved the fact that the grilled sandwich was "dry" and not greasy on the outside. My friend ordered the BMT and she loved it too. Would definitely go back! Love the unpretentious atmosphere. :)

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best sandwich I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I are trying to branch out and try some new smaller restaurants around the city. I am a vegetarian and sometimes find it hard to find interesting foods other than salads to order when Im out. I ordered the beer battered tofu sandwich with the arugula strawberry, beet and goat cheese salad... AMAZING. It literally was the best sandwich I have ever had! My husband got the philly steak sandwich and really liked it (not as much as I loved my sandwich, but he was definitely not disappointed)... However he raved about the fries! We also ordered the perogie poutine which was pretty good. The atmosphere was awesome; I loved the decor and music! My only negative was that it was pretty expensive, however for that sandwich it was worth it haha!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Satisfying lunch with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We brought our Toronto friends here while they were visiting one weekend. They were impressed with the Early Bird & enjoyed their meal (which can be difficult, as Torontonians seem to think they live in a good food mecca or something).

The four of us all enjoyed our (large portion) lunches; mostly sandwiches, salads, and of course, a side of bacon-fried pickles!

I tried my first ever Pimm's Cup here & I loved it! Very fresh tasting & delicious. Perfect summer brunch drink.

We've been to the Early Bird many times & this certainly won't be our last! It's a "safe" pick to bring friends from out of town for a casual meal too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm never disappointed with my meals at the Bird. I go on regular basis and take friends and family here whenever they are visiting London. It's a great choice if you're looking for a casual restaurant with a cool vibe. Everything on the menu is priced under $15 and the meal portions are massive so bring your appetite!

My only complaint is that the restaurant is quite small and due to the popularity you sometimes have to wait for a table - they don't take reservations. I guess that just goes to show how excellent they really are!

• Visited September 2013