“Quick Stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott London

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott London to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott London
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   864 Exeter Road, London, Ontario N6E1L5, Canada (Westminster)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 41 hotels in London
London
“Quick Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Decided to cut a camping trip short so made a last minuet reservation here for the night during labor day long weekend. Called last minuet to change our reservation from a king to 2 queens as my sister in-law decided to tag along. They accommodated us even at the last minuet. The hotel is nice, clean, and updated. Wi-Fi connection is decent for a hotel, plenty of parking, and just a 2 minuet drive from everything. My only complaint would be for the price there should be some sort of breakfast. We did eat at the Cafe for breakfast and found it to be reasonably priced. All in all next time we are in London last minuet we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Kris P

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip advisor; our guest feedback is important to us as we strive to exceed our customer expectations.

I am delighted to hear that our team was able to accommodate your reservation quickly and with ease. I am also glad to hear that all our amenities met with your needs. I know we do not offer breakfast included but I am pleased you were able to make use of our Bistro.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Owen Sound, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here over the Labour Day weekend. Nice hotel. Had no issues at all. It was clean and the staff was pleasant. The pool was very cold, but it didn't seem to bother the children in it. The internet was free and we watched an in room movie. We will probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear PainterJay

I am glad you choose to stay at our Courtyard by Marriott while traveling to London and that all our amenities met with you needs, I will note your comments regarding our pool and pass to our engineering team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here over Labour Day weekend during a soccer tournament.

The hotel was full up for a few reasons, and that made me notice how much noise from the hallway drifted into the room.

We had a King suite. The room was large and nice enough, and the King size bed was very comfortable. Internet was free and worked well. The hotel seemed to be in good condition and there was lots of free parking.

On the down side, this room cannot accommodate a rollaway bed, but the pull out sofa could generously be described as a twin bed, with a low-end mattress. My children ended up sleeping on the floor one night, and we bought an air mattress for the second night.

Also, when we first arrived, we all thought we had been given a smoking room due to a smell in the room, even though it is a smoke-free hotel.

Lastly, the air conditioning worked beautifully in the bedroom end of the room, but there was little to no air flow to the living room side. The hallways were warm too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tony C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Loan_Palm

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and give your feedback.
I am glad overall you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms to large and the bed was comfortable. I am sorry to hear that you were affected by noise from the hallways and thus interrupted your sleep and that you children ended up sleeping on the floor.

I have certainly passed over your comments to our maintenance team for review and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel during your next trip to London.

Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is well located for an overnight stop immediately off the 401. The rooms are large and the staff is exceptionally nice. But, there is a real problem with noise from the hotel infrastructure. Our initial two rooms were on the 5th floor very near the "electrical closet" which produced a loud, continuous hum. (Note: there is an electrical closet on each floor with various levels of humming.)

We changed these two rooms and one new room was on a different floor near the elevators/vending, but quiet. The other was on the 5th floor but further away from the electrical closet so the hum was less. But, the room airconditioner was so loud that our guest had to turn off the AC in order to get any sleep.

The staff was exceptionally nice about all this, but it is what it is. If you're a light sleeper, I'd stay somewhere else. In fact, if I were Marriott, I would either insist the property be fixed or remove my brand name from it.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the Electrical Closet as you can.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TravelRichC

Thank you for taking the time to pass along your feedback relating to your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that the first rooms were not suitable and the noise from the electrical service room was overbearing, however I am glad my staff were able find additional rooms with minimal inconvenience; I have requested my maintenance team investigate the 5th floor electrical room to see what can be done.

The hotel is also starting to replace our A/C units to eliminate this issue. I hope you will choose to stay at our hotel again during your next trip to London.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently renovated, clean rooms that never disappoint. Food choices are healthy and reasonably priced. Front desk always ready to assist. I normally travel during the week so noise levels are never an issue. This hotel has now become my go to for London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tony C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear NBrunswicker

Thank you for such a great review! I am delighted that you can call our hotel your go to place in London, and on behalf of all the staff we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel and would go back again for sure. The staff at the front desk were quick and efficient with the check in process. They were very friendly and helpful. The free beverages and cookies are nice touch at the front desk. My room was very nice and clean. I did book one of the suites as this is my preference to have my sitting area away from the sleeping area. However, I did notice while sitting in the front portion of the room that you could hear everything in the hallway which was a bit concerning for sleeping at night. I was glad that I got the suite so I could close the door to dampen any noise that might result. The added security at the door after 11pm is nice as only hotel guests can get in through swipe access. This made me feel much more comfortable in the hotel. My only real complaint about this hotel is the view of the area as you get either the highway or hydro lines.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Casinoboy

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor and I welcome your feedback.
I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff looked after your needs and you room met your expectations.

I am glad to see that you would choose to stay with us again and upon your next we can allocate a room overlooking our front parking lot which also gives a view of the city.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

PROS: lemon and cucumber infused water in the lobby.

CONS: My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott this weekend and we were very disappointed by the loud noises that interrupted our sleep. The A/C unit was incredibly loud throughout the night and we could consistently hear every noise in the surrounding rooms (e.g. bath tubs and showers booming above us and kids splashing in a tub somewhere - perhaps one of the in-room jacuzzis?)...it literally felt like the tub was going to break through the ceiling when it woke us around 5:30-6am. This continued throughout the morning. After a late evening at a wedding, this was hardly the relaxing sleep we were anticipating when we requested a late check-out. We were given a 20% discount on our room at check-out but it won't replace the sleep deprivation.

OTHER: the toilet seat was crooked and couldn't be straightened; like other reviews mention, the a/c unit produces a musty smell; the sheets are rough (thread count could be higher for this level of hotel); do not accept a room close to the elevator - noise travels in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Milkyteagal

Firstly thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and it is with your feedback we can continue to meet and exceed our customer expectations.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing and your sleep was interrupted by noises from other guestrooms and our A/C units. I have advised my maintenance team to review any and all areas that could be generating such noises so that if possible we can rectify these issues quickly; in addition we are in a process of replacing our A/C units.

I hope that you will consider staying at our Courtyard Marriott upon your return to London.

Tony Cowie

Been to Courtyard by Marriott London? Share your experiences!