“As expected for a Courtyard, one hiccup” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott London

You added Courtyard by Marriott London to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott London
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   864 Exeter Road, London, Ontario N6E1L5, Canada (Westminster)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in London
Ontario
“As expected for a Courtyard, one hiccup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Chose this hotel for an overnight stay due to an early Monday appointment in London. Location is great right off the highway. Arrived shortly after 4pm, more than one hour after the posted check-in time. The parking lot was virtually empty, yet when I checked in I was told by the front-desk clerk that she was not sure if my room was ready or not. I had to wait around the lobby while someone was dispatched upstairs to check and see if it was ready or not. Eventually someone came back and said yes indeed, it was ready and to go ahead up. I could understand if this was before the posted check-in time, but an hour after it?

The room itself was what you'd expect from the Courtyard chain - modern, clean. The room seemed a little stuffy when we first arrived but lowering the room temperature and turning on the fan seemed to help that.

Overall, a decent stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tony C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Ohlradio
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our NEW Courtyard by Marriott and also for taking the time to review our hotel and provide me with valuable feedback to improve.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our guestrooms and found them to meet the Courtyard experience; it is always good to hear that our amenities are meeting the guest expectations.

I am sorry to hear about the Hiccup at check-in, there should be no reason that your room was not ready at 4pm on Sunday. I will indeed discuss with my house-keeping and front desk departments.

I hope that you choose our hotel in any future travel to London.
Tony Cowie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott for a hockey tournament and had a great stay. Newly renovated, this hotel was very nice. Rooms were spacious. Really liked the lobby/bistro/bar! Great place to mingle and the food was great...nice selection with some healthy options.

• Stayed January 2013
Hi Richard

Thank you for taking the time to review our NEW hotel on trip advisor. I am delighted that you and your team choose to stay at our location and that our amenities and guestroom met with your expectations and made your stay smooth and convenient.

I hope to see you and your team will choose our location again in the future.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We booked at the Courtyard in London as we were travelling and needed a place to stay between families. We were able to book using our Marriott points, which was great. Check-in was seamless, maybe not the friendliest but adequate. When we arrived in our King room, I was impressed with the size of the room. The room was nicely decorated and it was very clean. The linens were great, a white duvet on the bed, a gel pillow and also a regular foam pillow. The towels were thick and appeared to be new.

The bathroom amenities were average. Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner is offered as well as body lotion. What I like is a hotel that offers a docking station for my iPhone and this one had that. I have to admit, I couldn't figure out how to use the alarm clock and had to arrange for a wake-up call. Instructions would have been helpful.

There is a small bar fridge, a coffee maker, and ironing board. There is a cafe in the lobby, which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are open till 10:30 p.m. We did grab a sandwich before heading to our room but didn't have breakfast there.

It is very well located, close to the highway and close to a lot of restaurants and shopping.

Overall it was a good experience and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tony C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Hi Lori-Ann
Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to write about you stays at our Courtyard by Marriott Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you chose to stay with us while visiting family.

I am glad to hear that overall your stay was good and that you enjoy the new room design and amenities and I was even more delighted to hear that you will stay with us again. I am sorry however to hear that the check-in was not as friendly as hoped and you had some challenges with the alarm clock.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in 2013.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We visited with our son's hockey team and were pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and updated with very comfortable beds, a large tv and a mini fridge. I did not hear noise in the halls at night. Kids had fun in the small pool and the hotel gave us a room for our group to get together and have dinner. We ordered pizza from outside the hotel.

The lobby has plenty of seating with a large tv and several small ones several computers and a restaurant and a small snack area. The restaurant is open concept part of the lobby however there are also booths (with tvs). The food was good, with starbuck's coffee and a bar.
Complimentary breakfast in the morning finishes at 10 am. We missed it.

It's easy access from the 401 there are stores and a mall nearby and a Tim Horton's very close. It's about a 15 minute drive to the downtown.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tony C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear kid-budget
Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of our new Courtyard by Marriott hotel. I am delighted that your team enjoyed their stay at our hotel and that we met all of your expectations.
The Bistro and new lobby design is one of the fundamental components of the Courtyard brand and I glad it worked for your team.
On behalf of all the staff at the hotel I looked forward to welcoming you and your team back soon.
Barrie, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel is under a MAJOR renovation. There was dust everywhere and machines, ie. ice cube, pulled out and just left in the middle of the hallway. In all fairness the room itself was okay, fairly clean and quiet. We had a fire alarm go off at approx. 12;10 am which was probably due to their electrical system from what I overheard. I unfortunately forgot some clothes behind and even though I called shortly after I got home they were never turned into the Lost & Found. I will think twice before I stay at any Holiday Inn in the future. This experience has left me filled with disappointment and regret.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Joanne R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm delighted you liked your room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience the ongoing renovation and the unusual situation regarding the fire alarm caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I do mini getaways every so often. We choose this hotel as it was suppost to offer in-door pool and restaurant. Upon check-in was when we were notified of the construction and the facilties were closed.
Late in the evening we asked if there was atleast a vending machine as room service was not available and where told to go next door to the other hotel !!
Not even a drinking glass in the room, only paper. Sure the rooms were clean, bed comfy (4 soft pillows) but it would have been nice to have been offered of a discount voucher of some sort for a future viist after the renovations are completed.
Think next time we are able to get away we will stay at the hotel next door....save ourselves the night time walk!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear JClark_12,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with our facilities and the ongoing construction. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Ontario you will give our hotel another try.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here many times and would have normally given a better rating but the huge reno's are a negative probably until past end of August when it becomes a Marriot. Yes there is a small mention on the PC webpage but we never noticed ( should be in bold red) but it never said "NO restaurant" + no pool etc. Most of the time reno's might mean paint & wall paper but they are remodeling the entire ground floor and some guest floors as well.

I'd say for such a disruptive construction project of this level most places would have closed until completed so I think its a little bit deceptive on the website and if people knew more, they'd probably pass on a stay.

Needless to say after a long day driving I was looking fwd to the room service and the discouraged look on my face got me a $40 discount anyway. On the website it says ...."During the renovations our meeting rooms, swimming pool and fitness centre will be closed. The Holiday Inn will offer complimentary pass for Gold’s Gym and complimentary Grab & Go Breakfast"...no one ever mentioned that??

On a positive note my room was perfectly clean and other than no services it was a good stay. Staff were apologetic for the inconvenience's and excited for the move to Marriott so when the work is all done it will probably be a very nice place.....until then its essentially a Holiday Inn Express under construction without a pool and no breakfast so best pass until the works done is my recommendation. If you just want a room without food on site its ok but the rates should be slashed w/o asking or give everyone who makes a stay a 1500 pts PCR certificate for having to drive away for services.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Katie C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites London

Been to Courtyard by Marriott London? Share your experiences!