“Gosh it is so GOOD!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London, Canada
“Gosh it is so GOOD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went for their summer dining event which is 2 can dine for $39.99. It includes full menu salad each, full menu pasta each, and a desert to share (not like some of the promotions other restaurants have where they make a set menu).

The bread that was brought out was warm and had a bit of garlic on it, nothing too greasy. The server prepared our small plates with oil and balsamic vinegar.

I had the mushroom salad. I definitely was not expecting a massive portabello with half a grilled pepper inside it. I asked for feta instead of goat cheese and they were able to substitute with no problems. It was such a great salad and almost like a meal on its own! My date had the duck leg salad which literally came with a leg of duck on top of it.

I had the ravioli with meat sauce. I should have gotten the tomato sauce as I felt the meat overtook the mushrooms and cheese inside the pasta but it was very good and fresh. Great portions too. I've been to other Italian restaurants in London where I've left hungry. My date had the seafood pasta which smelled amazing. He enjoyed it.

With the amount of food we received and the price of the bill, I almost felt bad! Either way, their marketing works because I know I will be back (again) and I will have no issues paying full price.

Yes, the service is slower, but that is to be expected as it is a quiet and romantic dining room. The cook even came out to serve a table but I found it to be a positive, not a negative. You can tell they take pride in their business. I liked taking a few hours out of my Friday night to unwind over some great food and wine with someone I enjoy.

The only thing I would say that is even SLIGHTLY negative is, you should probably leave the children at home. A family came by with 3 tween-aged boys. The server was not rude by any means but he told them that the restaurant was full for the night. This was understandable to me as most patrons were either 1) on a date or 2) older adults enjoying quiet conversation over glasses of wine. It is possible that someone didn't show up for the reservation but there was a few tables open the entire time we were there.To be honest I was worried that if they did seat the family that it would throw off the atmosphere in the restaurant (it only has about 8 tables).

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, Ontario
“Amici has gone downhill both in food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants and the owner was always present and often serving. We won't return.
I don't know if its a new owner or they just lost interest but on our last visit, there was only one waitor and it was a long wait to even take our order. It was again a long wait to get our food and he took our food to another table first. The food was awful and drenched in oil. People were complaining about the wait for food and their bill.
It was expensive and disappointing.
If you want good Italian food in London, avoid Amichi - try Bertoldis' or Dolcetto

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Trinidad
“Quaint little restaurant quite enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We ended up going there late one night and were pleasantly surprised. Seems to be a one man how but still very charming. Food did not take too long. Food was good. We ordered belinis but they were not very good. The atmosphere is romantic. It's pretty small but we enjoyed our food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, USA
“Fantastic Little Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

What a nice little surprise. I was staying that the Hilton around the corner and very glad I made the short walk over to try this place out. It is a mall little place with maybe 8 or 9 tables. The guy working the dining area was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about not only the food on the menu but food in general. The food came out perfect and very delicious and I will definitely be heading back again when in the area.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver
“Reviews must have been done by the owner!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Decided to visit Amici based on ALL the excellent reviews. Big mistake. The food in not only bad Italian, it is just bad period! Everything was way over salted. Calamari were soggy. Bruschetta was unedible. All the dished went back barely eaten. Out of three of our wine choices. The place knew they were going to be full for the evening, based on reservations, yet only one waiter for the whole restaurant making the service painfully slow. This place is an absolute avoid!

• Visited February 2013