“Good food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Windsor
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided to eat at Dancing Greek Taverna based on the TA reviews. As usual, we could count Trip Advisor.

I will say that when we walked into the front entrance, we were caught off guard with the very informal eating area but were quickly greeted and shown to the back of the restaurant where many other diners were.

It was nicely decorated and the food was delicious. I had the Pan Fried Calamari and the Gyro Platter. Needless to say, I brought leftovers home. The portions are large and the taste is very good. I wanted room for dessert so I resisted overeating.

For dessert, I had the chocolate baklava. I've never had it and was surprised when it arrived. It was warm and delicious. My friends had the apple and spice cheesecake (changes each month) and it was excellent.

The staff was friendly and it was a great experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Best "Greek Food" In The City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If your looking for Mediterranean cuisine in the city of London Ontario, visiting the Dancing Greek Taverna is a must. The food is as authentic as it gets, live music in the dining room makes the experience that much more enjoyable. I recommend trying the calamari and saganaki for an appetizer however you can't go wrong by selecting any of the cold or hot appetizers on the menu. When looking through entree's for me its difficult to look past the Dancing Greek's "Lamb Chop Dinner", marinated for 36 hours and char-grilled to your perfection make these the best in the city.The staff is very friendly and accommodating which makes for an enjoyable evening. If your in London Ontario make a point of eating at The Dancing Greek for a taste of Greece.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“Probably Best Quality/Value Restaurant in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is London's best hidden gem in my opinion. Its tucked away at the back of the Huron House. I would describe it as a family style greek restaurant. The food is the best greek food I have had in London and for $20 - 25 you can get an appetizer and main and coming out stuffed with leftovers for lunch the next day. I can't say enough about this place. There is a homemade quality to all of the food made there and the specials are excellent as well.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“A great Saturday night treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We decided to come to this retaurant on Saturday Sept 22nd. Made a reservation for 6PM. Was nor aware that they offered live Greek music as well. This was an added bonus as the music was really great. Had veal parmigan and a shooter of ouzo. Enjoyed the food. Service was also good. I was also there a month or so ago with a group of about 10 men. Had a burger which was also very good. Suggest you try it our.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, ON
“Casual Hideaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hubby and I went to the Dancing Greek last week. I was craving saganaki (flaming cheese) so searched Greek restaurants in London to see what might be new. I loved that it is located in a plaza with lots of parking. It is beside the Huron House and has its own sign, but is in the back of house when you walk in. You have to walk past the bar area and a rather ugly front room to get to the hostess area. Once there the restaurant itself is nice enough with candles on the table but if I remember correctly they had a paper placemat type thing like Jack Astors that seemed out of place.

We ordered saganaki which was very good and served with the traditional flare and flame. The bread served at the table was thick and focaccia like and more was provided as the first serving went fast. I had the marinated chicken skewer, rice, potatoes and vegetables which was very good. Hubby had the Mediterranean pasta and we shared a dessert which was pastry and cream filling (I forget what it was called) that was a good portion perfect for sharing. We also enjoyed a half carafe of the house red wine which was very good and served with large red wine glasses which I prefer.

The service was excellent. The server was friendly, very accomodating and professional while another staff person ensured our water glasses were filled etc. The atmosphere was casual but nice and the price was reasonable. With appetizer, wine, entrees, dessert and tip we were in and out for $75.

I'd recommend it if you are looking for something casual and unassuming.

• Visited August 2012