“Not Cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Ilderton
“Not Cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The waitress, manager & restaurant were all very nice. My dish was very good but should have been warmer, it was cold by the time I finished. My wife had a dish that was basically a stir fry. It was good, but could have made the same thing at home. We couldn't have smoothies because the blender wasn't working so we ordered tea. We got a tea bag in a pot of warm water. Other restaurants (Asian) of this class usually give you a pot of tea as soon as your seated. 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and a pot of tea that we didn't drink was $78 with the tip.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
tamarineByQN, Owner at Tamarine by Quynh Nhi, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you Brian P for taking the time to share your thoughts, we truly value your opinion as it gives us an opportunity to grow. I apologize for your dishes not hitting it's mark, what dishes did you have? As for the blender or lack of, we will probably be phasing them out of our menu entirely.
I do appreciate you giving us a try and hope that you will give us another chance sometime in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me personally as I'd like an opportunity to show you what we're all about. Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Long Phan

London, Canada
“Great food and personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I took a couple of out-of-town business associates out for a quiet dinner after a hectic few days of business to unwind. They talked about the great food and relaxing atmosphere for days later and said the experience was the highlight of their visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Was vising from Ottawa saw on trip advisor decided to give it a go, as I really wanted a beef pho. It wasn't on the menu only chicken is available. However the service was fantastic the waitress was informative and friendly the owner was great as well. The feel of the restaurant is very pleasant they have created a great ambience. I had the wonton soup the wontons were great but the chicken broth was spectacular I wish I could make broth like that I would never have anything else. I had the seafood deluxe pad Thai which was tasty with lots of seafood. I would give it 5 stars if I hadn't h gone there wanting something different. What I had was great food just I hungered for something else. Would recommend to anyone lots of choose from and friendly place

Toronto, Canada
“Gravitate to the more unusual for the best experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had the Tamarine Taste appetizer and pad thai and spicy beef noodle soup. Our consensus was that their 'crowd pleasers' (spring rolls, pad thai) are good but not great- we wouldn't have them again. Tamarine shines when it comes to more unusual offerings. Their beef wrapped in tea leaves was amazing and smokey, (a bit salty, but we like that) and their mango shrimp salad was AMAZING. Could have eaten a whole plateful. The Hue Spicy Beef Noodle Soup was a beautiful blend of flavours and scents that I would definitely order again.

If you are very slow eaters like us, let them know that you won't need your next course for XX minutes after the appetizers are served- we ended up with entrees on the table before we were done. Otherwise the service was excellent, very polite, and the owner/manager came by to talk to us and ask how the food was.
We will definitely be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Horrible ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went here for my birthday last year. Service and staff were great but the food was very very bland. I had to dump soya sauce on my dish just to get some flavour! Ew! Also, there was only one other couple dinning in the Resturant at the time - so it's not like they were busy! I'm shocked at the rave reviews especially since every time I walk by there is not a soul in there... Hmmmm