“Excellent food, equally excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 858 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: For those seeking a tasteful, culinary adventure we are sure you’ll find it at Tamarine’s exciting selection of Vietnamese fare flavourfully designed for diners to share and sample a variety of the vibrant taste of Vietnamese cuisine. Located in the heart of Downtown London, Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a complimentary mingling of international cuisine on a single menu.Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi will be a popular favourite for gourmet dining, modern decor and a captivating atmosphere.
“Excellent food, equally excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I came in to Tamarine a week ago because I am a big fan of their affiliated restaurant Quynh Nhi.

Suffice it to say it was even better than the "original". Coconut Curry chicken was light yet flavorful and filling.

The service was equally impressive with the most personable staff I have come across in London.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
tamarineByQN, Owner at Tamarine by Quynh Nhi, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate your business, and hope to see you again at our establishment soon!

91% Recommend
London
“Fantastic Vietnamese Vegetarian Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Located downtown on Dundas St. between Richmond and Talbot, Tamarine offers excellent Vietnamese cuisine, with particularly strong vegetarian options. The restaurant and service are upscale, with soft music and lighting and incredibly attentive staff.

The Vegetables Medley and Veggie Pad Thai are two vegetarian favorites. The Medley ($14 lunch, $17 dinner) is comprised of tofu, mushrooms, and wok tossed broccoli, green cabbage, onion, carrot, celery, bok choy and sprouts. The Veggie Pad Thai ($14 lunch, $16 dinner) comes with tofu, mushrooms and wok- tossed rice noodles and sprouts in a spicy tamarind sauce, garnished with cilantro, lime & crushed peanut. A couple of great entrees to begin your meal are the Fresh Vegetarian Rolls or the Crispy Spring Rolls. Finish your meal with one of their reasonable priced and well -made desserts for a truly excellent vegetarian treat!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments.
Hope to welcome you back to Tamarine again soon.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year !

Edmonton, Canada
“Tamarine is A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I have been meaning to check out Tamarine for quite some time, as we really enjoy the food and service at their sister restaurant Quynh Nhi in London. Tamarine is an excellent choice if you are looking for great food, atmosphere, and service. This restaurant excels in all of the above. One of the owners (Long) is very friendly and welcoming, he goes out of his way to make your dining experience extra special. Long and our server Christine took the time to make recommendations on the menu and explain the dishes. We had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. If you live in London or are visiting you should check it out, you will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
tamarineByQN, Owner at Tamarine by Quynh Nhi, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you Erin for your kind words and a big THANK YOU for supporting us over @Quynh Nhi as well. It means a lot to us as we are just a small family with big ambition of helping people get familiar with Southern Vietnamese Cuisine. You and Alex are welcome back anytime.
Hope to see you both soon !

London, Canada
“Try the Pad Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our waiter recommended the Pad Thai and it was an excellent choice! Fantastic service and atmosphere. I will likely return to this restaurant and I recommend it to anyone who has a desire for Thai food visiting or local to London.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London ON
“"Tamarine" is Thai? Well, Not GOOD Thai!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I made a reservation for dinner with another couple at “Tamarine.” We were quite looking forward to our meal and a nice chance to chat. The restaurant was beautifully decorated with serene colours and a feeling of openness. Our Server was very nice and she offered to answer any questions we had. My husband ordered one of their "designer" drinks and he quite liked it. He did try a different one later in the meal, but did not like that one at all. The Owner was also very nice.

We ordered an appetizer plate with a variety of offerings, finding that a few things were tasty, but overall, it wasn't a hit. Their Crispy Spring Rolls were certainly nothing to “write home about.”

Each of us ordered a different main, with my choice being the Cashew Chicken. I ordered extra cashews – the best part!!! I was expecting, considering the $18.00 price tag, that it would be at least as good as at our fave Thai Restaurant, “Mango Salad” in Ingersoll. Unfortunately, it was not! The chicken was dark meat, which I found very surprising. Never had I ever been served this menu item with dark chicken meat. Had I known this I never would have ordered it. (It would have been nice to be told that information, or include it on the menu.) When the dish was described to me, I was told that it was “quite spicy”, so I asked for “less spicy.” But, I didn’t expect it to be very, very bland. There was absolutely no taste to it at all. I had to ask for salt (which I NEVER do!), thinking that would help the flavour, but it didn’t. When my plate was removed with most of the meal left, I told the server that I did not want it boxed up. I was not asked whether there had been any problem with this dish. (BTW – Did I mention that it was $18.00?!)

My husband ordered the Basil Beef and he said his meal was “just OK”, and he did not request his leftovers boxed up either. It was $28.00 and not even worth a quarter of the cost!

Overall, the food was very tasteless. My husband and I both noted that the booth tables were too long for the waitress to lean over and clear our plates. Every time she needed to take something from our friends, who were sitting closest to the wall, they had to hand the dishes to us and then us to her. It was too long a reach! Also, the prices of the food were ridiculous for the portions AND the taste. Our bill, just for the two of us (w/o tip!) was $96.05.

We were really hoping to like “Tamarine”, but the food did not even come close to the wonderful quality of fresh ingredients, fantastic taste of every single item on the menu, amazing service and very reasonable prices at “Mango Salad” in Ingersoll. (We’ve been there 3 times in the last month; two of those times we took another couple with us. ”Mango Salad” WOWED them all!! The bill, for the four of us each time, was around $100 inc. tax!! Hence, the reason we are afraid to try other Thai restaurants!!)

So, sad to say, we will not return to “Tamarine”, but we will return to “Mango Salad” for our monthly fill of Thai food. Yummmmmm!! I can taste their Cashew Chicken now. And, don’t forget . . . extra cashews, please!!!

• Visited May 2013