“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott London

You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott London to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott London
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Exeter Road, London, Ontario N6E 1L5, Canada (Formerly Travelodge London South) (Westminster)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in London
Windsor, Canada
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a one night stay at this hotel and found it to be very clean--the room was excellent with a small living room, kitchen with all appliances, walk in shower in bath and king bed in bedroom. There was also breakfast included which had a good selection. A great asset to this hotel is Amanda, the front desk clerk, who is very friendly and an awesome person to be greeted by and handle your necessary dealings upon registration and check in.

The hotel is conveniently located close to many restaurants, White Oaks Mall and a variety of other places for shopping.

I would gladly recommend this hotel to friends and family. I would stay here again definitely.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rockwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had a lovely stay here. Was astonished at how nice rooms were.This hotel used to be the Travel lodge. They totally remodelled inside. Rooms are large with a mini kitchen plus breakfast Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Reception: Excellent!

Parking: Outdoors and plentiful. Shares parking with a few other hotels.

Shopping: Plenty nearby

Restaurants: Plenty of different varieties nearby.

Free Breakfast: Typical of this type of hotel. I've had (much) better variety elsewhere, in fact next door at Staybridge.

Facilities: Spotless which is expected considering the fact that the place is a brand-new remodeling of what was occupied by a previous chain.

Rooms: Very comfortable and efficient, containing a fully equipped kitchen as well as a separate bedroom. I do believe they have different room configurations.

NOW THE "BUT"...
Paper-thin walls separate the rooms. I heard EVERY word of my neighbour's phone conversation... and he wasn't speaking loudly. (I did not know my "neighbour"... but I GOT to kind of know him.

The hotel staff was fantastic and were able to find a quieter (more secluded) room so my problem was solved. Not sure how other people coped though... (of if they even cared). I just happen to like quiet.

Elevator: One... at the end of a very long hallway... not bad if your room is near it. If not, expect a long trek to get to the elevator and then a long trek back down the hallway to get to your room. If you got lots of luggage, it will be inconvenient (as opposed to an elevator closer to the entrance as the "starting point").

Lower floor rooms' windows will be facing parked-car headlights. Not unusual, but something to be aware of.

The bed: For a new hotel with new mattresses, this one left much to be desired. I have stayed at other properties from this chain and found those to be more firm (as opposed to sagging).

Understandably subjective, some may find those comfortable; I prefer more firm and so I would have to rate the mattress I had in my room a 5 out of 10.

Once again, the service in the hotel was extraordinarily and exceptionally great.

Would I return? Maybe...

My first choice though would have to be the Staybridge next door.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bryan L, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott London, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We rely on feedback from our guests in to ensure that we provide the best service possible! I am happy to read that you liked our location and that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel as well as our free parking and staff experience. I also noticed that there were some areas that you felt we could improve on. We take all feedback seriously and will do our best to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken to rectify any issues. I would like to share that as of June 2015 we will be introducing hot items into our breakfast selection. We believe that this change will serve our loyal guests well. We would love the opportunity to improve on any issues you experienced and look forward to having you with us in the future. Again, if there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to let me know. Take care and we hope to see you soon!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed one night at the TownePlace Suites based on the reviews. I was not disappointed.It's right off the highway but set back behind a restaurant so it's not completely visible from the street. As the King room I had booked was sold out, I was upgraded to a King suite. The room was very modern and extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable. The free wifi was fast with a very strong signal. The breakfast was good but the choices were less than what's available at the Hampton Inn next door. Check in/check out was fast. Will definitely stay here again when next in London, ON.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear NVOttawa,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We value you as a loyal guest and we appreciate you spending time to share your feedback with us. I am thrilled to see that you had a great stay and that you found your suite comfortable and clean. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our WiFi service and that you found it helpful. As for our breakfast, we are excited to share that as of June 2015, we will be offering hot items. We have listened to our guests and find that these new options will better serve everyone who stays with us. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and if there is anything you need, please let me know! Take care and we hope to see you soon!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel has only been open about 3 months. The place was modern, clean and easy to access from the highway. We were there for 4 nights on a leisure trip. The bed was super comfortable, the room was spacious and pretty. The breakfast was nice and the staff was pleasant to work with. Free wifi. Restaurants close by. You can walk to one local restaurant that shares the parking lot but it wasn't very good. Used the laundry facilities which was convenient since we were on the road for 10 days.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay with us! We take great pride in our property and rely on reviews such as yours to help us go above and beyond! I am happy to see that you liked your room and that you found the bed comfortable and relaxing. It is also great to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you were pleased with our staff. It is wonderful to know that you were able to utilize our laundry facilities. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and if there is anything else we can do, please do not hesitate to let me know! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I managed to get a King room on short notice for $85 including breakfast. The room was very contemporary, extremely clean with a full kitchen. The king size bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice couch with tables in the living area. No complaints on the room itself. The hallways and exterior of the hotel looked like nothing special. The free breakfast was decent

Location is perfect for travellers passing through the area as it is just two minutes off the highway. Lots of nearby amenities including a full size mall and all the big box stores.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear SNV2,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We rely on your feedback to help us determine what areas of our hotel are doing well, and which areas need improvement. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with your room and all of it's amenities. I am also happy to hear that our location served your needs and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review and if there is anything we can do in the future, please let me know! Hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for the night with a group of friends. We had a great stay. The room was great but the best part was Amanda. She was phenomenal. And a true asset to the company. Her front desk skills were fantastic and she was so friendly. I work in customer service out and truly believe she seems like an asset to the company. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2015
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your stay. I am pleased to see that you were satisfied with your stay and were treated so well. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to Amanda and the rest of our staff. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon! Take care!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott London? Share your experiences!