“Recent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in London
Hamilton, Canada
“Recent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I found this hotel when I was searching online in Sept 2012 for places to stay in London for the World Figure Skating Championships & everything else downtown was completely booked. It was very budget friendly for me & decided to book 4 nights. The front desk staff was very friendly & the pool looked soo inviting even though I didn't have enough time to go for a swim! We ate at the restaurant & were pleased with the food & service! Our room was on the 2nd floor away from the 401 & was very nice & quiet. The only drawback was that our bathroom didn't have a toilet paper holder lol Considering that we were pretty much only there for sleeping, it served the purpose just fine!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Darryl M, Front Office Manager at Ramada London, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
msgordon74,

Thank you for posting this review about your recent stay with Ramada London. We truly enjoyed meeting guests from all over the world during this event and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you for mentioning your dining experience as our on-site restaurant has been getting great feedback. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Simcoe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Ramada London for 2 nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful, my friend has a seeing eye dog to help her and the staff were very accommodating. We used the room service and they looked after us like we were royalty. Darryl and his staff run a
great hotel we will be staying here again as often as we need while in London. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Darryl M, Front Office Manager at Ramada London, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Rose C,

Thank you for posting this review of your stay. I hope to see you again soon. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to many happy returns. Cheers!
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Me and my mom recently stay at the Ramada London for 3 nights when I had to go to London to teach a course. I was gone all day long and busy all night so my mom didnt have much to do or anywhere to go. She spent most of her time at the hotel and was quite happy, the staff was very friendly, talked to her whenever, helped her out if needed, and provided us with the best service. I had a lot of assignments i needed to print off but obviously didnt have a printer and the front desk allowed me to print as much as i needed on their printer, it was fantastic. I am also a critically ill person, a few hours after mi finished my last day of teaching i had an appointment at the hospital. it was already pushing checkout time when i finished teaching but the front desk could tell i was exhausted, (they knew about me and my health from talking with my mom so much and were so amazing and caring about it) they let me stay and take a nap before my appointment with no extra charge, i was so grateful. overall it was a wonderful hotel!

p.s Tiffany is one of the girls at the front desk that was there the most and helped us the most, she was fantastic and provided amazing service. she made us feel very welcomed, like we were right at home!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Darryl M, Front Office Manager at Ramada London, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
danielle d,

Thank you for the high praise regarding your recent stay with us. It is always such a pleasure to hear great comments about the front desk as I see them continuously finding ways to go over and beyond for our fantastic guests. I am pleased that your 3-night stay was pleasant and that we were able to offer you and your loved one comfortable accommodations while in London. We have several regular clients who come to London often for medical reasons and we offer a special compassion rate as a way of trying to offer these guests some assistance. Please contact us directly for your next trip to the London area. Cheers!
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

great budget hotel, close to the 401 and many restaurants, ask for updated room with new TV's and stay on the 2nd floor away from the 401. Very nice pool and restaurant staff is great,nice place for breakfast.

Room Tip: stay on 2nd floor and ask for renovated rooms with new Heating/cooling systems or 1st floor away fro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bubbs_42,

Thanks for the review. I am pleased that you tried our breakfast as we offer a hot breakfast buffet that is a favourite among our regular guests who stay at hotels across Ontario and beyond. Rather than offering a standard continental breakfast like you find in most hotels, we take pride in offering a fresh hot breakfast that offers more choice and quality than you are likely to find in any other hotel in South London. Cheers!
Cleveland OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Looked over some of the other reviews after we made our reservations; here for the World Figure Skating competition so everything else was booked. We went ahead in spite of some misgivings. This place is a bit old and can use some work. But overall it is just fine. Comfortable. Clean. Staff is friendly, cooperative, and alert; we walk in and one of the first things they tell us about is a convenient and inexpensive shuttle to the Worlds. Restaurant is okay. The area is loaded with other restaurants and shopping. Price is quite reasonable. So it was better than expected, and we'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Two floor hotel; no elevator. No problem for us, but.....
Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased that we were able to offer you accommodations during the World Figure Skating event. The shuttle service was a big success with our guests and we got a lot of great feedback about our daily hot breakfast buffet and fantastic service. Please contact the front desk directly when making your next reservation as we always offer special rates to our returning guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada London.
St Joseph Island Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Yes this Ramada is old and in need of renovation but everything that we needed, worked. The heater in the room was not overly loud and worked great. The only issue with the bathroom was that there was no way to plug the bathtub for a bath - no problems with anything else. The rugs were showing wear with many stains. The only thing that really bothered me was the livingroom chair. It was really "dirty" and could use a good cleaning. We did not use it. My son who works for pest control, did the "bed bug check" and the mattress was clean and in very good shape. My sister and I both had a very good sleep there with 4 large plush pillows each. The swimming pool was large - 3M on the deep end. The water was at a good temperature to be comfortable. There was no shower room and there was no hot tub. This pool room would also benefit from some paint and sprucing up. There was minimal exercise equipment. There is no continental breakfast but there is a restaurant on site. We did not go to the restaurant so I have no comment on that. All in all - the price for the room reflect the need for renovations. The staff was great. Always friendly and helpful. We stayed for 4 nights and would go back again. My conclusion is, I would be willing to pay more money for a remodeled Ramada in London Ontario.

Room Tip: We were in room 171 - away from the check in desk but a larger corner room.
Metoo0956,

Thank you for posting this review of Ramada London. I appreciate that you went into detail about the aspects of your stay that you found disappointing in addition to all of the positives. Ramada London has an ownership group and management team that is dedicated to this renovation project as we will not be fully satisfied until every amenity in the hotel has been updated. During this period, we are continuing to offer great rates and service to all of our valued guests. This hotel offers clean and spacious rooms with many updated amenities. All of our guestrooms include a fridge and microwave along with free parking and free wireless internet. As we continue to make updates, we will never compromise on our promise to deliver outstanding service and a fair price.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The place may be a bit (a lot) run down, but the service was exemplary, beds and shower worked great - pool was well maintained...overall - for the price a great bargain!

I would definietly come again with great employees like this.

Room Tip: If you want luxury - pay for it somewhere else If you want great service (Front Desk) come here
Bobbie M,

Your kind words have served as a valuable reminder that there is nothing more important than the customer experience. While cleanliness and comfort are always expected in a reputable hotel, it is outstanding service that continues to set us apart from our competitors. I am extremely proud of this great staff who are truly focused on making every guest feel welcomed from the moment they walk through the door to the final goodbye. Please come back to visit us next time you are in the London area. Thanks again!

Been to Ramada London? Share your experiences!