“Another visit here, another good time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn London Downtown

You added Residence Inn London Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn London Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   383 Colborne Street, London, Ontario N6B 3P5, Canada (Central London)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vienna, Virginia
“Another visit here, another good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I have stayed here before when visiting family in town and generally the staff is friendly and everything in order. The renovation has been completed and the rooms are comfortable and well done. I stayed in a studio and prefer it over the sometimes awkward layout of the one bedroom units. While the free internet is great, paying for parking is not.
This particular weekend it was very busy with a wedding party and the breakfast area was insane on Sunday morning, but more relaxed and less crowded on Monday.

Overall this hotel is a good choice whether you're traveling on business or visiting family, or for shorter or longer stays. I had a bit of trouble with my first night being an Expedia contract rate and the second paid with points and the rewards points being deducted twice, but the front office manager took care of it promptly later in the week.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I had booked a two bedroom suite at the Marriott as I have done many times before but the morning of my stay I recieved a phone call from Lindsay the Front Office Manager informing me that do to "unforseen" circumstances they would not be able to accommodate me that evening. She offered a neighbouring hotel but it in no way compared to what I had booked. A crowded one bedroom does not a suite make. I have lost all respect for Marriott !!! What good are confirmation numbers??

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
MarriottManager519, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
The Residence Inn by Marriott, Downtown London, has been designed and purposely built to accommodate extended stay travelers. We provide accommodations for both long term and short term stays. This does include special projects, training, relocations and insurance claims to name a few. It is unfortunate that we were unable to honor your reservation as we had a significant amount of our extended 7 month long term stay guests require an extension to their reservation the same morning as your expected arrival. As you can appreciate they have already been in the hotel 7 months and due to unforeseen circumstances extended their stay, creating an oversold situation.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that was caused to you.
Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Our room was beside an air conditioning machine louder than a 747

No one slept all night

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
MarriottManager519, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention. We have notified the local property management company for the building located next to us to advise them of this issue.

I hope you do provide us with a future opportunity to meet or exceed all expectations. Marriott has many great hotels and I hope that your recent experience does not impact your preference as a Marriott guest in alternate cities.
Uxbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

A colleague and I arrived at the Residence Inn London Downtown the evening before a 4 day course. It was over booked due to an insurance claim. Because we had confirmations, Residence Inn sent us to the Holiday Inn.

We were irritated by arriving at one hotel, being sent off to another to unpack, pack and return the next day to the Residence Inn to discover it was still over booked, and that this happens regularly at hotels. The Residence Inn booked us at the Delta London Armouries for two nights because we refused to return to the Holiday Inn. We were told to return to the Residence Inn for our last night to see if rooms had become available! My colleague contacted the manager at the Residence Inn who not only agreed we could stay this evening at the Delta, but that we would not be charged for any night.

The following month our credit cards were charged for our last night at the Delta. When the Residence Inn hotel manager was contacted, she said that she hadn’t agreed to pay for this charge!

My colleague and I had already submitted our expense claims. This complicated matters tremendously. The Residence Inn sent us complimentary night stays at their hotel, which will never be used. However, we will return to the Delta London Armouries!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
MarriottManager519, General Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Dear Guest: It is unfornunate that we were not able to honour your reservation on arrival due to unforseen circumstances. As a small token of appreciation and your understanding we do pay for all cost related to your stay at a neighbouring hotel. (Room, Tax, Breakfast, Parking and one Long Distance telephone call home to advise family memebers of any change) All charges related to the 2 nights we were not able to accommodate were billed directly back to the hotel and no cost was applicable to you.
We would welcome the opportunity for you to visit with us again and provide us with an opportunity to make it right.
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I stayed here in a king suite for 4 days during the Christmas holidays rather than be among the ruckus of the family. The newly renovated, spacious rooms really give a feel of being in a studio apartment much more than a hotel. Having stayed here in the past and put up other relatives here in a 2 bedroom unit, I can say that the renovation was due and well done. The bed is extremely comfortable and everything is home like. There's plenty of room to work on the computer, sit and watch TV in the sitting area, or turn the flat screen around to watch in bed.

All that said, this location can be a bit pricey (although given the size of the rooms that's not surprising) especially when you add the daily parking fee in. And, be sure to use the garage rather than the street because the city does not allow overnight parking on the streets in this area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
RIMarriott, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Thank you so much for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here during the holidays. We do strive to wow each guest especially with our new look and thank you for referring your relatives to us in the past.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

I stayed here for only one night. For some reason they put me in a 2-bedroom suite (I booked a King room online), which was really way too big for just myself - it actually was kind of creepy to be alone in such an enormous hotel room. But it would be fantastic for a family traveling or a long-term stay. The suite also had a full kitchen and three (!) flat-screen tvs and 2 desks/workstations. The desk staff were friendly, but a couple of people staying there seemed kind of sketchy and were always hanging around the lobby. I was disappointed there didn't seem to be anything to really walk to in the area, for the hotel being called "London Downtown".

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
niagara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

This would be a great hotel choice for anyone staying on a long term basis. The rooms are bigger than any apartment I have every lived in and they are newly renovated and very contemporary. It's a great place to be in when you want to stretch out and relax, and not feel closed in by your room.
The only minor issue I have is that every time I go there I find the Front Desk associates to be less pleasant than they should be. I am used to Marriotts where all the staff are constantly similing and saying hello, but they seem to be just "doing their job" and not much else. It also always seems as though there is just one person working at all times, and this can make asking questions or checking in and out very time consuming if there is a line up. One would assume that a hotel of this size would have more staff?
This is a minor issue though, and otherwise this hotel is comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn London Downtown? Share your experiences!