“EMBA Graduation Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Ontario

Save Saved
You added Hilton London Ontario to your Saves list
Hilton London Ontario
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 King Street, London, Ontario N6B1S2, Canada (Central London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #15 of 41 hotels in London
Copper Cliff, Canada
“EMBA Graduation Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Service was excellent.Luncheon for EMBA graduation families was great.Kim [Catering Manager] was very helpful and even took some graduation pictures.Thanks for a great event during a bad storm,and a late arrival.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The carpet in the room (815) sported huge stains which made the entire room feel grungy and the spa was closed for the entire 3 days we stayed at this hotel. The pool was too cold to be enjoyable and there was a definite draft coming from the numerous windows surrounding the pool area. The spa and pool were the main reasons we booked this hotel for our mini-vacation.

On the plus side - the beds were very comfortable and the room was large and roomy. The buffet breakfast was quite good and the staff in the restaurant were very efficient and friendly.

Unfortunately, it is the negative things we will remember - and we will not book this hotel again on future trips to London.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you're looking for a superior experience.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernando M, Front Office Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our engineering department were made aware of your concerns and have now doubled their efforts to monitor and maintain the temperature of our pool, especially with the change of the seasons upon us. I sincerely apologize that the room carpet did not meet your expectations. We had immediately resolved the matter. Thank you for the kind words regarding the services of our colleagues. We do hope that you visit us again in the future and you will find that these concerns would be resolved.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice hotel with good amenities. Pool is for refreshment as it is too small to do laps. Breakfast was a nice simple buffet with decent pastries and the ability to order a custom omelet, as an included feature

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went there to stay during business trip for 2 nights. Bad experience. I had to kill 4 flies in the room and the room smelled like swet. didnt expect this from a high star hotel. Will not stay in Hilton in London Ontario

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Fernando M, Front Office Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We regret that you had that experience. As the front office manager for the Hilton London hotel for the last eight years, this is the first time I have ever heard of such a concern, as we have a very stringent process in regards to our housekeeping steps, preventive maintenance, and safeguards that are in place, above industry standards. To establish our confidence to our procedures, we routinely hire Third party inspectors that grade our preparation and action plans. While I am proud to say that we have the highest rating in the readiness and cleanliness of our rooms, I do acknowledge your feedback and your concerns are being taken seriously. I sincerely apologize that we failed to deliver to your expectations, and sincerely thank you for your visit.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My room was not ready when I arrived. I was rather rudely told to return at 2 PM while my colleague was given a room. When I did return after 2 PM, my room was still not ready. I requested another room that was ready and I was reluctantly given one. However, the room smelled musty / stale. I was told to run the AC for a while to clear it up. I did so but it was a cold day and then had to run the heat for a while to warm it back up. The bed was also very saggy, and the room lighting was dim. The shower head was loose and did not work properly, and the bathroom sink dripped constantly. Both drinking glasses had hair stuck to them and one had lipstick on it. This is not what I expected from a Hilton! On the bright side, the food was excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fernando M, Front Office Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
On behalf of the Hilton London team, our sincere apologies for failing to deliver to your expectations. While our check in time is 3pm, we do try our best to provide to all our guests that arrive early. Although circumstances may limit our room types depending on how early it is and how our occupancy was the night before, there should be no reason why our rooms are not perfect. Your feedback was very helpful and important to us, and were shared with our Housekeeping and front desk department for improvement actions. Thank you.
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I usually stay at 3 star, and thought this would be better, Im going back to my 3 star, Many 3 stars I stay at have free coffee in the lobby, complimentary breakfast, working vending machines, a place to buys snacks reasonably, good customer service.
Not much here is complimentary, coffee can only be gotten in the bathroom unless you want to wait over half an hour in the restaurant, with a poor overworked waitress trying to serve 30 people by herself. I tried the vending machine to get a snack but it didn't work, when I asked front desk for suggestions, they said they could get me an umbrella, to go out on a horrible night to try and find something, Breakfast is overpriced, even for a bowl of porridge, the parking is chaotic and horrible.
There are some good things, the bellhop was really nice, the beds were comfortable, the pool room is really nice, but the rooms were no better than the less expensive places I stay and you don't get as much for your money. Never again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe D, General Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Nancy,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and regret you were disappointed in your visit. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to our area in the future.

Been to Hilton London Ontario? Share your experiences!