“Not the best choice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Ontario

You added Hilton London Ontario to your Saves list
Hilton London Ontario
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 King Street, London, Ontario N6B1S2, Canada (Central London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in London
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not the best choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My room was not ready when I arrived. I was rather rudely told to return at 2 PM while my colleague was given a room. When I did return after 2 PM, my room was still not ready. I requested another room that was ready and I was reluctantly given one. However, the room smelled musty / stale. I was told to run the AC for a while to clear it up. I did so but it was a cold day and then had to run the heat for a while to warm it back up. The bed was also very saggy, and the room lighting was dim. The shower head was loose and did not work properly, and the bathroom sink dripped constantly. Both drinking glasses had hair stuck to them and one had lipstick on it. This is not what I expected from a Hilton! On the bright side, the food was excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fernando M, Front Office Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
On behalf of the Hilton London team, our sincere apologies for failing to deliver to your expectations. While our check in time is 3pm, we do try our best to provide to all our guests that arrive early. Although circumstances may limit our room types depending on how early it is and how our occupancy was the night before, there should be no reason why our rooms are not perfect. Your feedback was very helpful and important to us, and were shared with our Housekeeping and front desk department for improvement actions. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I usually stay at 3 star, and thought this would be better, Im going back to my 3 star, Many 3 stars I stay at have free coffee in the lobby, complimentary breakfast, working vending machines, a place to buys snacks reasonably, good customer service.
Not much here is complimentary, coffee can only be gotten in the bathroom unless you want to wait over half an hour in the restaurant, with a poor overworked waitress trying to serve 30 people by herself. I tried the vending machine to get a snack but it didn't work, when I asked front desk for suggestions, they said they could get me an umbrella, to go out on a horrible night to try and find something, Breakfast is overpriced, even for a bowl of porridge, the parking is chaotic and horrible.
There are some good things, the bellhop was really nice, the beds were comfortable, the pool room is really nice, but the rooms were no better than the less expensive places I stay and you don't get as much for your money. Never again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe D, General Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Nancy,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and regret you were disappointed in your visit. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to our area in the future.

calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

when making a reservation get a second option. there prices change after you get there. other people got a better price i 139.00 and my family and others people of the party paid 109.00 big difference, i stay at the hilton in monteal never had a problem like this before thanks HILTON OF LONDON ONTARIO NEVER AGAIN and word of advise get some new staff the have no customer service what so ever.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Ziad,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We’re very sorry your poor experience booking your stay and assure you the issues you mentioned with reservations have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance to impress if you return to our area in the future.

London, ON., Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Patients needing very early admission to London Hospitals for surgery, etc. can rely on Hilton Hotel London for "calm before the storm". St. Joseph's (Ivey Clinic) is only five minutes drive away and your car will be ready at the door when you need it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I guess because the Hilton is attached to a convention centre they don't feel the need to renovate but this hotel is very dated. Drap colours, old wallpaper (check out the hospitality 'suites' on the top floor from the 70s) and an overall bad interior. Very poor service as well, our group stayed for a weekend and getting a hold of a sales manager to answer questions was near impossible in the weeks leading up to our event.

In the future, we'll be staying at the Delta next door, gorgeous hotel and very appreciative of their guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joe D, General Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was very surprized to find that this Hilton did not live up to the high standards one would expect of a Hilton hotel. The beds were old, way too soft and uncomfortable beds. The carpets were stained and the room looked like it had been touched up since the late "80s. Does not compare to other Hilton Hotels! A real disappointment :(

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Fernando M, Front Office Manager at Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
My sincere apologies. We do have an ongoing improvement action plan that are currently addressing the concerns you had mentioned. While the majority of our rooms are of high quality, we still regret failing to deliver to your expectations. I am sincerely sorry, and should you visit the city of London again in the future, please do not hesitate to reach me directly and I can arrange your accommodations personally, to showcase what we've been working on and the services we normally deliver. I do thank you for your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to resolve.

Been to Hilton London Ontario? Share your experiences!