“Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 41 hotels in London
Windsor
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

Unfortunately, we had to spend a whole night here. Originally we were going to overlook the disgusting furniture, cracks and bulges in the ceiling, and the broken radiator, however, after seeing ants all over the bathroom and having to call the police, things couldn't be overlooked. The entire stay was horrible. Even after complaining to the management, we were not accommodated at all. Rather, they offered to give us better rates when we returned to stay there. We made it very clear that we would never be returning there. I’ve stayed in dorm rooms that were both cleaner, and had more polite people staffing them. I would highly recommend that any people going to London stay clear of this dump.

• Liked — Ummm....the parking lot was decent....nothing really.
  • Disliked — Everything, the service was horrible, the room was disgusted. I feel liked I was conned to stay there.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

This was quite possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I had to be in it for a long time, for a long-term project I was on.

I stayed there for a solid 6 months, so I can tell you everything that's wrong with this place.

Quick run down of problems

- Our clothes were constantly stolen out of the dryers and washing machines. There were no spots to sit in the laundry room to watch our stuff, and it was too dirty, smelly and drafty in the winter to do so.

- No heating in the rooms in winter because the windows were drafty, and they didn't give us a space heater until we complained loud enough

- The beds were dirty - had bed bugs. To their credit, they offered to get us a new mattress and whatnot, but c'mon now!!! It shouldn't be a problem in the first place!!

- Mice in the walls and running around the bedroom. Yes. Mice. And when we asked when the exterminator would be coming in they said " In a week ". I'd expect "ASAP" as the answer, not in a week!

- Hotel staff completely inept (most of them, not all). The assistant hotel manager had no clue how to fix our hotel rooms, she did not know how to book us properly into our room and had to ask one of the other hotel clerks to do it for her. Quite frankly, I'm not really sure what she does with her time, considering she's the ASSISTANT hotel manager. She had to keep asking the hotel manager for any little decision, even whether or not we could switch rooms, or other little things that she should be able to do as a manager.

And the new staff that they hired, they put the poor girl on her FIRST night shift ALONE. Which means in the morning before anyone arrived at 9 a.m., she had no idea how to bill me to give me a receipt, and didn't even know how to count the days properly to calculate the correct amount. I had to correct HER.

- Maids didn't clean the rooms properly. We resorted to vacuuming our rooms ourselves.

- Maids would forget towels/change sheets, what have you. Mind you, some of it was us not wanting them to come in on some days, but when we say no once, we don't mean No to clean bedsheets and towels every day!!

- Elevator constantly broke down. We resorted to taking the stairs because it was ridiculous how long the elevator would take. This wasn't just a slow elevator, it was the granddaddy of all the slowest elevators in the world.

- Parking spaces downstairs were limited, and you ended up having to park in some other parking lot instead of in a nice heated area

- The shadiest, and worst characters would come into the hotel. It'd be ridiculously loud with them screaming, yelling and running drunk up and down the halls, and one guy even got arrested because the inept hotel clerk had given out the other hotel guest's room number to him, so this guy ran upstairs to the room at 4 a.m., banged on the door so loudly that it woke us up, and kept on yelling for some guy to come out of his room.

- It's a hotspot for university and college students to come in, pay for one cheap night, and drink/party hard in the rooms all night. It was ridiculous that they didn't screen anyone.

And to think they had just 'renovated', this hotel is AWFUL.

If you want more, I have more stories.. but those are the choice bits I remember. Choice being the operative word.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything. They were just incompetent, inept... and awful. I cannot believe it has the nerve to call itself an "Executive Suites" hotel.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kanata, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

There is nothing to commend about the Executive Suites in London. I see others who comment that it "feels like home", which leads me to believe that there must be some pretty horrid looking dwellings out there. For those of you who actually have some taste and have greater expectations and are not easily impressed because you find that the hotel has stocked toilet paper, this is not your place. I stayed here because I didn't book well enough in advance during homecoming weekend. The hotel simply has no redeeming qualities. Rooms are small and the washroom is better left unused, unless you forgot to use a public stall before heading back to your room. I could see the hotel having a place in the market at less than $50 per night; however, at their rates you had better look elsewhere.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms, nasty bathrooms, sketchy area, poor service
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

I spent a weekend in London & chose this hotel because of the reasonable price - what a mistake! The hotel is being renovated but rooms were shabby, dark & smelly. I requested a non-smoking room but the room I was given smelled terribly of smoke so I requested a change. The second room was freezing despite being provided with 2 extra blankets & a small space heater - the parking garage was warmer than my room. I would definitely suggest avoiding this accommodation.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — hotel badly in need of major overhaul
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

A dump.

$187/night and moldy bathrooms. Rusted out mirrors, stank furniture a crappy, tiny TV that you can barely see from the sofa.

The place is just a big piece of crap.

• Stayed May 2006
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2005

My expeirence with this place was not as awful as some others have described, but it wasn't awesome, either. First of all, I don't know how they can get away with calling it "executive suites". It's not in the best condition and the "suite" my friends booked was merely a kitchenette. When we arrived, they were told the type of room they had booked didn't even exist! The staff was very nice, though, and gave them a discount for the mix-up or whatever you want to call it.

The room wasn't in the best shape, it was pretty small, and the walls were terribly thin, but it wasn't awful, and I never would have guessed it to be a "hooker hotel" as another reviewer said. The pros are free wireless Internet, good location (walking distance from downtown), washer and dryer onsite, and a friendly staff. The cons are limited parking (if the garage is full, and it often is, you have to use a paid lot next door, although they do reimburse for one car), no continental breakfast, slooooow elevator (we usually took the stairs), and well, it's not in the greatest shape.

Based on my one experience, I'd probably stay here again if it were for a quick stay because hotel prices are insane in this area and it was acceptable and in a good location.

• Stayed September 2005
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

I honestly thought with a name like "Executive Suites", this would be a nice place to stay - something where executives would stay.
Well, I guess my interpretation of "executive" and "suite" are drastically different than that of the owners.
Within 2 minutes of entering our "suite", we immediately called the front reciption and asked to be moved. There was about 3 different types of carpet in the living room, no screens on the windows, duct tape on the walls, cracking ceiling, a stained, filthy couch, no knobs on the shower fixtures, and so on. I stayed in better places when I was a starving university student.
The hotel did move us to a better room, but still not alot better.
We went out to a pub that night, and in talking to a local, they mentioned that this was a "hooker hotel".
Again, not what was promoted in their ads.
Do not stay here. For the same price, go to the comfort inn that is right beside. This is a flop house.

• Stayed October 2005

Been to London Executive Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!