Stayed here for one night during a concert at the Labatt Centre in downtown London. The hotel is in a very convenient location for people who will be doing business or pleasure downtown.
Parking is limited. There are two free parking lots at the hotel. One outside, the other underneath the hotel. There are not many spots. There are other pay parking lots nearby. The best bet is to arrive early. You will need to put a parking tag (given to you at check in) in your car.
Many other concertgoers were staying at the hotel. Early check in was not permitted. When returning at the regular check in time of 3 pm, there were 20-30 people waiting to check in. The process of checking in was extremely slow. It took an hour before I got to my room. There is also an additional charge ($10) for each person in your room. My impression is that the hotel has gotten burned by loud and unregistered guests in the past.
The person who checked me in made a point of announcing that my card was declined even though it went through the second time (meaning it wasn't entered correctly the first time). Otherwise he was helpful.
The rooms are nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. There is wireless high-speed internet access in the hotel. There are ice machines on even floors. No noise problems.
There is a "deluxe" continental breakfast available until 9 AM. It is a basic continental breakfast with bagels, toast, cereal, and juice.
There are vending machines in the hotel but you need tokens available from the front desk to use them.
In summary, the hotel's location and rooms are strengths. Service during busy times is a weakness. Breakfast is a weakness. Tokens for vending machines and limited parking are also drawbacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For your pleasure, our excellent London accommodations offer you free high-speed wireless Internet access and a complimentary hot breakfast. Our hotel amenities also include a fitness centre & a business centre. We hope you will explore our exceptional London hotel deals and rates as you start planning your trip to London, Ontario today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites London Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown Ontario