“Excellent business stop!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in London
Emo, Canada
“Excellent business stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Loved the cleanliness and handy to good eats. VERY informative front staff! Good stay! Was close enough to walk to nice dinner and not have to drive again for the day.
Handy to any shopping (drive) and close enough to convention centers etc. Great room layout albeit, cozy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Aurorajo,
What a lovely review to read just before going home at the end of the day, Thank you. It definitely is going to make me leave with a smile.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and found the central location to be of value and convenience for you. We re very fortunate to have staff that have been with us for a while so they know the local area very well.
Next time you are in London I hope we will get the chance to accommodate you again

Sara Donkervoort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked this hotel as a group booking, stayed here for one night and everything was very good!! Room was a little small but comfortable.

Our group came in a little late, someone made noise in the hallway and a hotel guest must have called and complained to security, because they were up in a flash to shut down our gathering in a suite. The hotel could have been a little lenient, but they did suggest we go down to the lobby and finish off our partying.

Overall great experience, did not try the breakfast but liked the fact that pasrking was included in our hotel cost. The front desk staff were very good. THANK YOU Julie for all your help doing this group booking!!

Room Tip: If its going to snow park in the covered parking!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
rob_dufour,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay at our hotel and I will definitely pass on your wonderful message to Julie.
We are happy to hear that you found the rooms comfortable and to your liking. We do hope you understand that we try and offer a secure and comfortable environment for all our guests to ensure they are able to get a good night's rest. Therefore, we are glad that our security officer was able to show an alternate area where you could enjoy the rest of your night socializing.
Hopefully next time you stay with us you will have a chance to enjoy the many breakfast items we have on our breakfast bar; might I suggest the Buttermilk Pancakes, they are delicious.

Hope to see you again,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is a nice limited service hotel. Breakfast is enough to get you going, rooms are clean and packed with plenty of furniture for the size of the rooms. Bathrooms are a bit small also but clean. Parking has a low height requirement of 6 ft 2 in. Overall a good place to stay.

djdahlen,
Thank you for the nice words. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and your overall stay with us at the hotel.
In regards to the parking restriction, we have this in place only for our underground covered parking but we also have two uncovered above ground parking lots that can definitely accommodate larger vehicles. During your next stay with us, if you have any questions in regards to parking, our front office staff will be more than happy to assist you.
Thank you again for writing a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
General Manager”
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Bare bones Holiday Inn Express in London Ontario.
My main beef was the tempearture in the room: plain cold when I arrived, but thermostat was off and would not turn back on. Front desk staff came up and realized the radiator was off too. Thermostat turned on after turning on radiator which then blew cold air for an hour :-(. I cranked thermostat to 25C and it finally started to produce warm air. After that I was in for a noisy rest of the night, as the fan would alternate 5 noisy minutes on and 1 blessed minute off. The room eventually warmed up by the morning. It was not a good night to say the least.
I will say that staff was courteous, location is pretty close to downtown and the free breakfast was decent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Caritimo,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us.
We are happy to hear that you found the staff to be pleasant and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.
It is our standard to have the thermostat at a certain temperature in the rooms and it is a very unusual circumstance that it was off, we will look into this and ensure consistency in maintaining a comfortable temperature for all our rooms.
We apologize that the heating system created problems during your stay, our maintenance team has addressed this issue for future guests.
We truly hope that you will give us another try should you return to the London Area.
Kind regards,
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A colleague and I were in town for a conference and we chose this hotel for its central location and parking. Our two night stay had its ups and downs. The good: the staff are very friendly, it is close to restaurants and pubs, very comfortable beds, mini fridge in room, good continental breakfast, no issues with wireless. The not so good: the room is very dark and cramped. The full length mirror is useless because there is no lighting anywhere near it. My colleague and I were stepping on each other in the tiny, tiny room. The bathtub didn't drain properly. The parking lot is so tight, we barely fit the compact car. The second night there was a domestic disturbance next door that went all through the night. Other guests above us were stomping on the floor to make them stop. The police had to come (we could hear everything) and in the end they weren't even kicked out because I saw them the next morning. The slamming of doors continued for hours. I think I had 2 hours of sleep that night and had to drive 8 hours that day. What I will say is that the hotel appropriately discounted our bill as a result of this terrible night. This does not go unnoticed and I commend them for that. I know that a hotel cannot choose their guests but managing the guests who are causing disturbances is imperative.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Solotripping,
Thank you for your review about your experience at our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you found our services and amenities to your satisfaction and enjoyed our central location in the downtown area.
We apologize that you found our rooms small and dark, however, we do offer a variety of room types and sizes in our quaint property and hopefully during your next stay, you could try out one of our suites which is extremely spacious and well lit.
Unfortunately, there are occasions where we have some guests that cause some disturbance and there are instances where the police are called to ensure there is no security issue as the safety of our guests is our top priority.
We do hope that when you return to London, you will give us an opportunity to offer you a comfortable and relaxing stay.
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Could there be some improvements to this hotel, yes. But regardless of some issues with the hotel itself. I must say that the staff is always friendly and more than willing to assist with any of your needs during your stay.
The downside is that many of the rooms are very small. If you are by yourself it wouldn't be an issue but more than that, yes. I had problems with my room cooling, and the carpet was separating from the tile leading to the bathroom.
The internet was great I was actually calling home on FaceTime with no issues and steaming a movie at the same time. Yes you might have to log in if your computer goes to sleep, but it worked great.
My air conditioner did not work, but I was able to open the window and that was more than able to cool the room.
I have stayed here twice now and it seems to be very consistent. The breakfast is pretty good as well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
dkrug10042,
I am so happy you have made us your choice for accommodations when you visit London Ontario. I know there are a lot of choices for consumers now so Thank You!
Sorry about the problems you had during your stay abut it is nice that you were able to enjoy your stay anyhow and found the staff very helpful & friendly. There is nothing I can do about the room size but I will definitely be looking into issues we can fix with the room.
Thank you again for choosing us and writing up a review about your stay.
See you next time you are in London.
Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was staying at this hotel due to a business trip a group of us were on. The rooms are small but that's typical. The Housekeeping Staff does a nice job I had no problems with the cleanliness. In the morning it was quite a nice surprise to have such a plentiful breakfast. The last time I stayed at this property the breakfast was sparse. The Wireless Internet was terrible the only place where you could get a half decent reception was in the bathroom. Later in the evening I ended up in the lobby with a crowd of other people who had the same complaint. S

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob L,
Thanks you for writing up a review about your recent stay with us and for letting us know about the issue you had with the internet connection.
We have looked into the issue and added extra access points at the hotel, so next time you stay with us hopefully there will be no more connection issues.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay otherwise with us and took advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning.
Sara Donkervoort

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown? Share your experiences!