“Nice property” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in London
“Nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is a nice limited service hotel. Breakfast is enough to get you going, rooms are clean and packed with plenty of furniture for the size of the rooms. Bathrooms are a bit small also but clean. Parking has a low height requirement of 6 ft 2 in. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
djdahlen,
Thank you for the nice words. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and your overall stay with us at the hotel.
In regards to the parking restriction, we have this in place only for our underground covered parking but we also have two uncovered above ground parking lots that can definitely accommodate larger vehicles. During your next stay with us, if you have any questions in regards to parking, our front office staff will be more than happy to assist you.
Thank you again for writing a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
General Manager”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Bare bones Holiday Inn Express in London Ontario.
My main beef was the tempearture in the room: plain cold when I arrived, but thermostat was off and would not turn back on. Front desk staff came up and realized the radiator was off too. Thermostat turned on after turning on radiator which then blew cold air for an hour :-(. I cranked thermostat to 25C and it finally started to produce warm air. After that I was in for a noisy rest of the night, as the fan would alternate 5 noisy minutes on and 1 blessed minute off. The room eventually warmed up by the morning. It was not a good night to say the least.
I will say that staff was courteous, location is pretty close to downtown and the free breakfast was decent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Caritimo,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us.
We are happy to hear that you found the staff to be pleasant and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.
It is our standard to have the thermostat at a certain temperature in the rooms and it is a very unusual circumstance that it was off, we will look into this and ensure consistency in maintaining a comfortable temperature for all our rooms.
We apologize that the heating system created problems during your stay, our maintenance team has addressed this issue for future guests.
We truly hope that you will give us another try should you return to the London Area.
Kind regards,
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A colleague and I were in town for a conference and we chose this hotel for its central location and parking. Our two night stay had its ups and downs. The good: the staff are very friendly, it is close to restaurants and pubs, very comfortable beds, mini fridge in room, good continental breakfast, no issues with wireless. The not so good: the room is very dark and cramped. The full length mirror is useless because there is no lighting anywhere near it. My colleague and I were stepping on each other in the tiny, tiny room. The bathtub didn't drain properly. The parking lot is so tight, we barely fit the compact car. The second night there was a domestic disturbance next door that went all through the night. Other guests above us were stomping on the floor to make them stop. The police had to come (we could hear everything) and in the end they weren't even kicked out because I saw them the next morning. The slamming of doors continued for hours. I think I had 2 hours of sleep that night and had to drive 8 hours that day. What I will say is that the hotel appropriately discounted our bill as a result of this terrible night. This does not go unnoticed and I commend them for that. I know that a hotel cannot choose their guests but managing the guests who are causing disturbances is imperative.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Solotripping,
Thank you for your review about your experience at our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you found our services and amenities to your satisfaction and enjoyed our central location in the downtown area.
We apologize that you found our rooms small and dark, however, we do offer a variety of room types and sizes in our quaint property and hopefully during your next stay, you could try out one of our suites which is extremely spacious and well lit.
Unfortunately, there are occasions where we have some guests that cause some disturbance and there are instances where the police are called to ensure there is no security issue as the safety of our guests is our top priority.
We do hope that when you return to London, you will give us an opportunity to offer you a comfortable and relaxing stay.
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Could there be some improvements to this hotel, yes. But regardless of some issues with the hotel itself. I must say that the staff is always friendly and more than willing to assist with any of your needs during your stay.
The downside is that many of the rooms are very small. If you are by yourself it wouldn't be an issue but more than that, yes. I had problems with my room cooling, and the carpet was separating from the tile leading to the bathroom.
The internet was great I was actually calling home on FaceTime with no issues and steaming a movie at the same time. Yes you might have to log in if your computer goes to sleep, but it worked great.
My air conditioner did not work, but I was able to open the window and that was more than able to cool the room.
I have stayed here twice now and it seems to be very consistent. The breakfast is pretty good as well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
dkrug10042,
I am so happy you have made us your choice for accommodations when you visit London Ontario. I know there are a lot of choices for consumers now so Thank You!
Sorry about the problems you had during your stay abut it is nice that you were able to enjoy your stay anyhow and found the staff very helpful & friendly. There is nothing I can do about the room size but I will definitely be looking into issues we can fix with the room.
Thank you again for choosing us and writing up a review about your stay.
See you next time you are in London.
Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was staying at this hotel due to a business trip a group of us were on. The rooms are small but that's typical. The Housekeeping Staff does a nice job I had no problems with the cleanliness. In the morning it was quite a nice surprise to have such a plentiful breakfast. The last time I stayed at this property the breakfast was sparse. The Wireless Internet was terrible the only place where you could get a half decent reception was in the bathroom. Later in the evening I ended up in the lobby with a crowd of other people who had the same complaint. S

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob L,
Thanks you for writing up a review about your recent stay with us and for letting us know about the issue you had with the internet connection.
We have looked into the issue and added extra access points at the hotel, so next time you stay with us hopefully there will be no more connection issues.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay otherwise with us and took advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning.
Blenheim, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Decided to try this hotel based on reviews. We were very glad we did. We came to London to visit friends and see a London Knights hockey game. Had stayed at the other major hotels in downtown London before and found this to be much better. This hotel is exactly what we needed without the things we don't ever use (pool, in-room movies, restaurant). We had a junior suite (separate bedroom from living area). It was extremely quiet, clean and the bed was amazing. The bathroom was updated with a great shower. The refrigerator and microwave were handy too! The breakfast which was included had a great selection of both hot and cold items. No need to eat breakfast out. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The underground parking (there is an additional charge) was very convenient. Because we were downtown, we did not need the car all weekend. Downtown London has a lot to offer. There are many restaurants, movie theatres, shops and bookstores which we love. Check out the ongoing book sale at the London Pubic Library! We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Top floor end unit was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Timing001,
Thank you for the tip about the London Public Library (Central Location) ongoing Book Sale.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it sounds like you took advantage of some of the things Downtown has to offer.
Thank you for sharing your experience for people to see and I hope that we see you again.

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

One night stay to attend an Art Opening at the London Museum. Staff were very friendly and
helpful. Parking was available ( at surcharge) for our 2 vehicles. Room was very nice and beds were extremely comfortable.

Location was great for visiting the Museum and the many bars and restaurants.

Actually I cannot think of anything that warrants negative feedback.

(Just thought may be a tad noisy for some as although I was not particularly bothered but
I did hear coming and going in the middle of the night....this is a University town.)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Meadowbug,
Thank you for choosing us as your accommodations choice while in the city and giving us your feedback.
I hope that you had a great time at the Art Opening you Attended at the London Museum and were able to take advantage of a few of the bars in the area.
We hope to welcome you again soon on your next trip to London.

Sara Donkervoort

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown? Share your experiences!