“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in London
Chatham, Ontario
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in this hotel a few times. It is walking distance to major attractions, we usually come to London for concerts. We park our car at hotel and walk to downtown. Plenty of restaurants around hotel and hotel is a clean and good value for a price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
bolzeba,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown.
It is always pleasing to read such nice comments and I am glad that you enjoy your stay with us so much that you continue to return.
Thank you again and we look forward to accommodating you again when you come to London, Ontario.

Sara Donkervoort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose the holiday inn for new years night and this hotel and staff has managed to ruin our experience. Would NOT recommend this hotel to ANYBODY. Our room had long hairs on the shower and washroom floor as well as dirty and broken furniture. Staff slipped our bill under the door (without speaking to us)with an additional 250 smoking fee although we were not smoking in our room at any time. I laugh when I read the mangager's comments on past reviews saying "sorry" because this was unnecessary and their staff has no customer service skills in person. The hotel is a money grab so be prepared spend more than the rate given.

• Stayed January 2013
mamo444,
I am truly sorry for the bad experience you said you had with our hotel on New Years Eve.
I will be talking to the staff we had on during the duration of your stay with us to get a better idea of the situation.
If you would like to discuss this further please call me at the hotel anything between 9-5 Monday to Friday. If at all possible I would also like to know what room you were in so that I may take a look at the furniture condition myself as this does come as a surprise since we have preventative maintenance in all rooms monthly.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I look forward to hearing from you.
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently stayed for a night with some friends, and had a wonderful time! The staff were excellent, and the rooms very clean. We had a room overlooking the parking desk, and it was so nice and quiet. There were other guests on the floor, and while we could hear them when they were in the halls, you would never know there was someone beside us. It was that quiet. Our room had a fridge which was a nice touch (not all hotels have them), and the breakfast in the morning was great. The only downsides was that our heat decided it didn`t want to work, but the night manager came up right away, and it started back up. The other downside was how early the breakfast stopped being served. We would have like to sleep in a bit and eaten later vs being up and downstairs by 9am to eat.

I would definitely stay at this property again, and I recommend it very highly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Catgirl21,
Thank you for writing such a Wonderful reveiw about your stay with us.
I am sorry it looks as though it took a very long time to respond but your review just showed up with the date of March 1, 2013 in my inbox.
I am glad that you enjoyed everything in the hotel and any issues were attended too. I will definitely talk to the Manager in charge of Breakfast to see if it is worthwile to have it stay open later, mayebthis is an ongoing issue with guests that I have not heard about.
Thank you again for taking the time to fill out this review and we ook forward to having you stay with us again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Expect the typical Holiday Inn standard with all basic toiletries available. The staff was friendly in handling my check-in process, the room is small yet clean, the price is reasonable with complimentary breakfast, and the location wise is quite good.

Nevertheless, I stayed in a room facing towards Dundas Street and having uncomfortable nights with them as it was too noisy with the traffic noise. I have no other issue with this hotel except the room. Suggest avoiding a room near to the main road and everything else would be fine.

Room Tip: Avoiding rooms near to the main road
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Kelvin M,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and if we get the pleasure of being your accommodations while in London again please do not hesitate to request a room facing the parking lot so that the noise from the street does not keep you awake again.

Have a fantastic Holiday Season and we hope to see you again soon.

Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel was clean, comfortable, and had a great location. Secure parking provided, although it is a tight squeeze in the underground lot. The room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was mostly of good quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
H K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a such a nice review about our hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us again if your travels bring you back to London, Ontario.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

After a couple of stutters with the reservation, the duty staff checked me in quickly and professionally. Plenty of on site, secure parking, though you'd have a tight squeeze with a larger vehicle in their underground lot. Nicely enough appointed room - king bed, tv, decent fridge and micro, and standard coffee/tea service. Bath was bright, clean and offered the basic toiletries, with additional available via the front desk. Room was beside the elevator, so a bit of noise but not overly off-putting. Did consider unplugging the fridge as it cycled on/off all night. Otherwise quiet, on the rear of the building (though there was that trash pick up at 6 AM...). Bed was comfy, with adequate choice of pillows. Free continental breakfast was adequate: self-serve coffee, tea, juice(or what passed for juice- more like fruit beverage), cereals, and a steam line with sausage, well heated cheese omelette and biscuits. Yogurt and some fruit available. So-so but gets you on the road, free Globe and Mail in hand.
Nothing else in the area to attract you there other than proximity to downtown, and relatively comparable prices compared to the two other relatively morenupscale hotels in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
TripperGal,
Thanks you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review about your experience with us.
It is always nice to read good things written up about the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to being your choice for accommodations should you need to return to London, ON.

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights while in London for a training course. The room wasn't overly large but it was comfortable none-the-less. The staff were very friendly. The complimentary breakfast varied each day and had several different choices. I was quite content with this hotel. Several people on our course talked us into moving across the street to a "nicer" hotel but in my opinion it wasn't nicer. I was content at the Holiday Inn Express and if I return to London this is where I'd stay.

Room Tip: This hotel is near an ambulance base. Don't stay in the rooms overlooking Dundas Street as you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jflvly,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor.
It is always nice to hear guests speak so positively about the hotel, our staff and the time they spent here.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being your choice of accommodations in London for any future visits you may have.

Sara Donkervoort

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown? Share your experiences!