“Central location, great staff and clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta London Armouries

You added Delta London Armouries to your Saves list
Delta London Armouries
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   325 Dundas Street, London, Ontario N6B 1T9, Canada (Central London)   |
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in London
Elora, Canada
“Central location, great staff and clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was travelling on business with my partner and we had a lovely stay at the Delta Armouries in downtown London. The location is very central, the rooms were nicely appointed and the housekeeping staff are great, especially Melissa (our house keeper for 2 days). The housekeeping staff deserve a raise (or at least leave them a small tip on the bed, they really appreciate it!). Great hotel with nice facilities, highly recommended for business, couples or families (they have a pool).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta London Armouries, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of our staff, especially your Room Attendant for the exception service she provided. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London Armouries in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Ajax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was bringing my son to visit my father for the first time in a few months; my father had just been transitioned into Palliative Care at Parkwood Hospital and we decided to stay the night at the Delta, given we are from out of town and it was a long drive for a 6 year old. We stayed on a night where there was a significant amount of children (April 5th, 2014); a dance competition, a hockey tournament, and some other activities seemingly all ranging between the ages of 8-11 years old. Aside from the constant screaming and running up and down the halls of the hotel the majority of the night (seemed to calm down at about 2am when security was called for the 2nd time), consistently pushing every floor when going on the elevators, for fun (we happened to be on floor 15), and the parents of the children coming down back to their rooms between 2am-3am, clearly intoxicated from the shear volume of the slurring, our internet connection did not work, and our breakfast that we ordered the day prior, never showed up. When I let the front desk know that our breakfast did not come, they simply said they'll ensure I am not billed for it...??!! Being in Communications and the Service industry professionally, this seemed like an extremely odd response to me, especially being there was not even an apology offered. In addition to dealing with everything with my father and my son - the hotel part of the plan was to make the entire weekend more comfortable and as positive as it could have been under the circumstances, however it turned out to be extremely upsetting and quite stressful - it is truly unfortunate that I paid almost $150.00 for this experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta London Armouries, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Stephanie P,

Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm so sorry for the experience you had this past weekend and I can assure you it is far from typical. We are consitently the top rated full service hotel in the city and we aim to exceed expectations at all costs. I'm so sorry to have dissappointed you but I've reached out to you directly in hopes we can make it up to you and your son and welcome you back to the Armouries again soon. Again, please accept our deepest apologies and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best Regards,
tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed for two nights, Monday & Tuesday, while visiting a client company, and I found the hotel to be just fine for my purposes, with a somewhat dated room, but a recently renovated bathroom. The heat wasn't working and the thermostat wasn't responsive, but it seemed to stay around 72 degrees anyway. The Wifi was free and easy to connect to. I had no car, but I believe there was free parking included.
The chlorine smell when you enter the lobby is not a big issue, as mentioned by some others. The breakfast buffet was up to standard and even a bit better than I expected, and any family will find it very good value at $12.99. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Beds were clean and comfortable, and the soaps and other amenities were quite nice.
All in all, a very pleasant stay with no odd noises or other distractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta London Armouries, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear h j,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property. I'm glad you found our team warm and friendly and that you found good value in our historic downtown hotel. Our Engineering team has addressed the HVAC issues in the building from the weeks past and am happy to report the cool air and heat are working perfectly. I hope this didnt detract from your stay too much. Our Delta sanctuary beds are always a favorite amongst travelers and keep people coming back for more and more restful stays. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to see you at the Armouries again soon.

Warmest Regards,
Owen Sound
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here one night for a conference at the London Convention Centre. I thought the CAA rate was very reasonable.

I had a room on the 19th floor with access to the signature club lounge on the 20th floor. The food in the club lounge was fine. In the evening (to 7:30) there was veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, pasta salad, cabbage soup and deep fried pickles. There was also complimentary wine and beer. In the morning (from 6:30) there were bagels and english muffins, boxed cereal, sliced fruit, cheese, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. There was also juice, tea and coffee.

My room was furthest away from the elevators but not a long walk. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I had a good sleep. The bathroom had a large counter and nice tub/shower. There was never a wait for an elevator. Staff were very friendly. There was no problem getting a late check out for one o'clock.

The hotel is in a good location to the convention centre. Unfortunatly the valet told me to head west and walk 2 blocks south to the centre. However, by looking at google maps, it was much shorter to walk east and then 1 block south to the back entrance of the centre. It saved a lot of time and effort.

I have stayed at the Hilton in the past, but preferred the Delta and would return.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators is not a long walk
Dear PCbailey,

Thank you so much for reviewing our historic downtown hotel for others to see! We're glad that you got to experience the privacy and benefits of our Signature Club floor. They are always a favorite amongst business and leisure travelers alike. I'm glad you'll choose our hotel the next time you visit London, Ontario. Enjoy the beginning of Spring!

Warm Regards,
Waterloo, Ontario Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for a number of days over the course of several weeks for business purposes. When you first walk into the lobby there is an immediate smell of chlorine from the indoor pool. There were a couple of people wandering through the lobby with bath robes and bare feet - obviously going to or from the pool.

I reserved a room on the Signature level ( floors 18 thru 20) which includes access to a private lounge. This was a nice feature and provided an afternoon cocktail service and morning breakfast ( buffet) service. the first week that I stayed my room was a few doors down from the elevator and the noise of the elevator cars going up and down made it very difficult to sleep. Fortunately, I always travel with ear plugs which were necessary to block out the noise. The following week I requested a room far from the elevators. When I entered the room there was slight aroma of cigarette smoke but somewhat mufffled by room deodorizer. However the first night, all I could smell on the bed linens was cigarette smoke. the next day, it seemed to subside a bit but when I returned home and emptied my luggage, there was a very noticeable smell of cigarette smoke on my clothing.

There were a few evenings when our group was working late and therefore chose to dine in the hotel. The food was quite disappointing. Two of us ordered the pasta bolognese which consisted of bland noodles with a scarce amount of sauce that tasted mostly of tomato with very little meat. the cesear salads were nondescript and consisted of commercial brand dressing.

The hotel offers valet service and the gentlemen who greet you when you pull up are all very welcoming and helpful. My car was always at the front door in the morning when requested.

overall, the experience was average. I found the signature level to be a nice add on as it was convenient to take breakfast in the morning and head out early for meetings.

Room Tip: request a room away from the elevators as they are very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta London Armouries, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback. We use all of our guest feedback to ensure that we are providing a high level of service, as well as congratulating our employees on a job well done. We are sorry to hear of the noise disruptions you experienced during your last visit to us, and of the smell of smoke you experienced. I have passed along your concerns to our Housekeeping team to look in to.
I've also made the Food & Beverage team aware of your disappointment in the quality of the food with your dinner service.
On a positive note, we are happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities of the Signature Club Lounge!
If you would value the opportunity to discuss your recent stay any further, please contact the Hotel directly to speak with Management. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This past weekend my three year old and I stayed at the Armouries while we were in London for a sporting event. Unfortunately, after we checked-in my son was sick to his stomach and we needed to change rooms.
When I called the front desk they quickly sent someone up to help us move to a room directly across the hallway so my son didn't have to move very far. The cleaning lady who just happened to be in the hallway at the time was so helpful and very kind when I informed her of what happened.
Once we were settled in our new room. There was a knock at the door and an employee was standing there with a very nice hand written note and a "get better" package for my son.
I can't say enough about how helpful everyone was at the hotel.
Next time we are in London we look forward to a more uneventful visit to the Armouries!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ask A_Guy_Named_Dave,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your story for other travelers to see. We have a great team here who love welcoming and taking care of visitors to London no matter what the circumstances. I'm hope you still got to enjoy the weekend and that we get a chance to welcome you back to the Armouries again soon. We wish you and your family a warm and happy Spring!

Warm Regards,
Acton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I really think the history of the building is what makes this hotel so amazing.
I wish they would have had pictures of the former rooms and building prior to it becoming a hotel. Loved the history windows of the former armouries. We stayed on the second floor.
The building has a lot of character. We used the pool and hot tub-beautiful, real plants surrounding the area. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room had a comfortable bed.
The price was very good. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta London Armouries, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
We are thankful to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It's great to hear to appreciate the history and character of the building. We do have pictures from when it was an original Armouries for guests to view available at the Front Desk. Please come see us anytime if you are interested in seeing them! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Delta London Armouries? Share your experiences!