Stayed at the hotel in July 2013 for 2 nights in the North wing. We had a 1 king bed, non-atrium view suite. The room was clean and nice. The suite was the first room through the main entrance of this wing.
The bedroom portion can be closed off from the living area with glass French doors. The bedroom faced the parking lot. The drapes were blackout curtains and I kept the drapes closed because it felt like anyone standing in the parking lot could easily just look straight into the room. The bedroom had a TV, lots of lights, drawers and comfortable bed.
The bathroom area has a full bathtub on 1 side, toilet in the middle and separate shower on the other side. The shower has a shampoo, conditioner and bath gel dispenser on the wall and these did not reflect the quality of the rest of the hotel. The first day, the shampoo was empty but housekeeping did rectify this the next day when we advised her. There was no dispenser on the bathtub side and no separate shampoo, conditioner and soap available so unless one was to get out of the tub and get the shampoo, conditioner and bath gel from the shower area, the tub would only be good for soaking in.
Directly across from the bathroom area is the separate sink area on 1 side and open closet on the other. The sink surface area is small and since the coffee and tea maker and condiments are also on this counter space, there is very little space to put your toiletry/cosmetic bag. They certainly could use some shelf space either under the counter or on the sides to put toiletry items on. There was 1 small square bar of soap in this area and it tended to leave a yucky smell on your hands, not immediately but within a short while. Again, it felt like cheap quality bath amenities. The hairdryer was small and not powerful so if you have long hair, I recommend that you bring your own.
In the living area, there was a pull out sofa bed. As with most sofa beds, this was far from comfortable. There is a small bar fridge, table and TV. Since it was right at the doorway to the room, I found it to be noisy to sleep here. The door didn’t provide any soundproofing for the noise in the hallways (people talking and banging room doors). Thank goodness for ear plugs.
Also, the room fan is loud. If you like a quiet room with no noise from the fan, then you won’t be able to get any sleep in this room. Once again, hurray for ear plugs!
The resort’s front lobby is under construction and so the front desk is just a desk in a small narrow space under construction. Nothing much to look at right now.
The atrium and swimming area is spacious. The pool temperature was just right. There is a small hot tub next to the pool and also, the waterslide is up on top, overlooking the pool. The waterslide doesn’t flow into the main pool area. It flows into a separate pool. There were plenty of towels available, some lawn chairs around the pool area and a lovely separate pond area for their koi fish.
I heard that there was a police officer on duty there which I felt was a smart idea done by the hotel. There were a number of groups staying at the hotel and groups can be noisy and rambunctious. My understanding was that the police officer had to reprimand a couple of children but that it was done in as nice a way as possible. Scared the pants off of the children though (who wants to be stopped by the police?) but by having a police offer on duty, it allows the other guests who are not part of a group to enjoy their stay, too.
Overall, a great stay at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn in London. This was our 2nd stay and it’s definitely a great family hotel and is great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Lamplighter Inn is unequivocally the finest Hotel and Conference Centre in Southwestern Ontario. Here you will find a complete spectrum of first class accommodations and Conference, Meeting and Banquet facilities.At the heart, is the spectacular atrium, a multi-tiered oasis of natural beauty under a retractable glass canopy. Be transported to a year round tropical paradise where the sun glistens off the sparkling blue waters of the award winning swimming pool.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre also sets high standards in room appointments, focusing on flexibility and comfort. Choose from Executive Suites, Traditional bedrooms, or romantic retreats with a double Jacuzzi and cozy gas fireplace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Best Western PLUS Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn And Conference Centre Hotel London
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Best Western PLUS Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre London, Ontario