I'm originally from London, Ontario and I used to live right around the corner from this hotel. I never really thought it was anything special. My husband and I (who now live in Toronto), went to London to visit some family for a long weekend. We found the pricing at this hotel was okay, and they have a really fun looking pool and water slide! So, we decided to drop in and see if they had any rooms available. We got the CAA discount (which brought our king room down from $130 to $117); I mentioned it was my birthday, and the guy upgraded us to a king suite (basically a separate living room)...that was awesome of him, but it was only a $5 upgrade (the King Suite would have been $135, before the CAA discount). So, it was nice of him...but not like it broke the bank for the hotel.
We were pretty excited for the pool and water slide, but the night we checked in, the pool was PACKED! So we skipped it and headed out on the town instead. When we got back to the hotel, we asked for an 8am wake up call for the next morning (this would give us enough time to try out the pool, get ready, have breakfast, and make a 10am appointment across town). Well, good thing I'm a light sleeper because we didn't get the wake up call...I just happened to wake up at 8:30am that morning. We missed going to the pool (which was one of the reasons we picked this hotel). When checking out,they didn't ask us how our stay was. We mentioned that we never received the wake up call. Their response? "Well, it rang through...something must have been wrong with the receiver or something". They barely apologized (the only thing they said was sorry that the phone didn't work and they'll send someone to look at it...didn't really help us though), didn't offer to comp us for anything (not even the $5 breakfast in the attached restaurant), and didn't even seem concerned that we couldn't use the facilities or that we might be late for our appointment.
The hotel itself was large, clean, pretty quiet (it's on a main street; our room overlooked the pool area, but we didn't really hear any noise), but the service was below expectations. At least a little genuine concern over a hotel error would have been appreciated...rather than the "we did everything on our end...sorry about your luck" attitude.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn And Conference Centre Hotel
- Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn And Conference Centre Hotel London
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre London, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Lamplighter Inn is unequivocally the finest Hotel and Conference Centre in Southwestern Ontario. Here you will find a complete spectrum of first class accommodations and Conference, Meeting and Banquet facilities.At the heart, is the spectacular atrium, a multi-tiered oasis of natural beauty under a retractable glass canopy. Be transported to a year round tropical paradise where the sun glistens off the sparkling blue waters of the award winning swimming pool.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre also sets high standards in room appointments, focusing on flexibility and comfort. Choose from Executive Suites, Traditional bedrooms, or romantic retreats with a double Jacuzzi and cozy gas fireplace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Best Western, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.