“birthday trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“birthday trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a wonderful time. The rooms were very nice.....better than we expected. The breakfast buffet was fabulous!!
It was slightly farther away from our planned events than we thought it would be but nothing that would stop us from returning for another stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

nzmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Kristy M,

Thank you for providing feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that your birthday trip was enjoyable and that our hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your comments about our hot breakfast buffet. I hope you had an opportunity to dine at Pasto's Grill during your stay as well. We are very proud of our restaurant offerings and I think you would have been impressed with your meal.

We hope you will stay with us again on a return visit and thank you for choosing to spend your birthday at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn.

Natalie Zima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for our niece's wedding (3 sisters and our mother). What a disaster it turned out to be!

Where to be begin? Our room was not clean, you could see the layer of dust on the furniture from across the room. When we opened the fridge there was still food there from the previous occupants!! Our mum's and sisters room only had half a roll of toilet paper. My sister came to our room in a panic needing the bathroom, she had no toilet paper left in her room!!

When we got back from the wedding at 1am my sister could not get into her room, we went to the front desk they re-set her card, but it still didn't work. The manager then came and she could not get the door open even with the master key! My mum was already asleep in the room and did not want to wake her. So my sister had to stay with myself and my other sister, they had to share a bed. My 87 year old mother then had to wake up alone not knowing what happened to us.
I we had the same problem getting into the room the next morning. My mum had left the room not knowing about the problem so we again could not get in the room. A staff member finally got the door open.

My brother (the father of the bride) also made reservations for him and his wife at this hotel. They lost his reservation which he had made back in May. They did nothing to help him. They finally had to sleep at their daughter's house in London.

When we went to check out, we were not offered any discount or apology for everything that happened to us. When we complained the front desk clerk offered us a 10% discount. Really that's it? Once i pointed out everything that happened to us he gave us 50% off of 1 room. I am not impressed. We should have gotten 1 room fro free. My niece (the bride) had already paid in advance for our mum's room. We did ask if there was anyone from amanagement that we could talk to. We were told that there was no one working.

I would NEVER stay at this hotel again and I strongly advise anyone not to book here!

I stayed at a Best Western in Niagara Falls N.Y. just 2 weeks ago and had a positive experience.

I have written many review here and I have never written a negative review or advised against staying at a hotel until now.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
nzmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear sunlover92,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to learn of your experience at our hotel and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. From time to time, problems do occur and we try to minimize these as much as possible. As you can see from other posts, this is not a common occurance.

We take your comments and feedback very seriously and use this feedback to improve our service and amenities. I hope you will give us an opportunity to earn back your trust on another visit. I welcome you to contact me directly so we can further discuss the issues you experienced.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We held our daughter's wedding here, it was absolutely perfect , the Rose Chapel located on the premises was beautiful, just perfect. Then our guest enjoyed a wonderful meal and atmosphere. The guest rooms were clean and luxurious. The staff although a bit lean were helpful and unobstructive. The proximity of the lower level rooms to the reception hall was perfect for guest comfort. Full Breakfast was included in the room price and was very good! Only complaints I have are: breackfast was only served till 0930hrs, and no ATM available on premises this proved to be a bit of an inconvenience to our out of town guest. Overall I would recommend this venue for your wedding.

Dear Frenchy33,

Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted that your daughters day was perfect. It was a pleasure working with her in planning her special day. I know she put a lot of time and effort into making it perfect. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

I'm also glad to hear that your guests all enjoyed our brand new renovated hotel. We have been receiving great comments on the improvements.

We hope you will consider staying with us again when in London, Ontario. Thank you for being our guest.

Best regards,
Vancouver Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight here, largely based on other travel recommendations on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. For the price (less than $100) we had a nicely appointed room on the first floor, recently renovated, very comfortable bed and pillows, wireless, flat screen tv, fridge etc. Check in was quick, friendly and helpful. We ate dinner at the on site restaurant, and while I agree with other reviewers that it is a bit on the expensive side, the upside is the food is very good (probably the best salad I've ever had - warmed goat cheese and sauteed vegeta-
bles on fresh greens). And the portions are more than ample. Yes, the rooms are not particularly large and there is really nothing around the hotel, but for an overnighter it's great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
nzmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Cash and Carry,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted that you found your stay with us comfortable and our serivce friendly and professional. Our restaurant, Pasto's Grill is our best kept secret and I'm glad you had the opportunity to discover it. All our dishes are prepared with the freshest ingredients available. Our house-made desserts are a delicious treat. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us soon. Thank you for being our guest.
Best regards,
Natalie Zima, General Manager
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a wedding. We usually stay in hotels priced around $79-$120/night, but since we were there for a wedding and wanted to avoided driving back in to London (about a 10 minute drive) so we decided to splurge for the higher price room. The higher price room perhaps came with a higher expectation that unfortunately it couldn't meet.

The front desk staff weren't particularly friendly, but helpful. The room itself is on the smaller side but the temperature was just right and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was also on the smaller side which made it difficult for both or us to get ready for the wedding at the same time. There was no other mirror besides the one of the back of the bathroom door. The shower is very small. The actually shower head was place no higher than my height (I'm 5'5"). Like mentioned in previous reviews, we had to shower hunched over. Although, the shampoo and conditioner were nice.

Moving ahead, the wedding we attended was a cash bar. But the hotel or restaurant had no ATM and this was a problem for many of the guests. My boyfriend had to run out to grab some cash, missing a portion of the wedding.

We probably wouldn't choose this hotel over others in the future, especially for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
nzmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Cat A,
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and our staff helpful. I'm sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations in some of the other areas, such as providing an ATM machine. I appreciate your comments as they will assist us in making decisions on improving our guest room experience for our guests. I hope you had the opporuntiy to enjoy our free hot breakfast during your stay or perhaps you had a chance to visit our restaurant for lunch or a cocktail. Thank you for being our guest.
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for a weekend getaway. We checked in easily and, yes, were surprised to find no elevator. No biggie, we walked our luggage up the stairs and across the floor to our room. No one asked to help us. That's Ok we are healthy enough to do it ourselves. On our way to our room we passed a conference room, as this hotel is used for weddings, meetings and conferences. There were tables set up outside of the conference rooms with tablecloths, food, cutlery and drinks/ice. My husband and I passed by those tables all weekend and they were not cleaned up until Sunday morning. The tables remained. The food was finally cleared, not to mention crumbs etc...This did not impress me. It really turned me off as we had to pass by these tables every time we left our rooms to go into london. We figured they were short staffed? Anyway, I decided to try the fitness room and entered it with a shock. It smelled like sewer in the room. The room was very tiny warm and smelly. I proceeded to work out on very rocky and cheap treadmill but it did not work - broken. The eliptical was functional but the time/distance/calorie part of it was broken. Same with the stationary bike. It was obvious that the fitness room was run down and not maintained. There was a water jug in there with paper cups. I drank some water from it and it was stale and the cups smelled old.

One more area of concern: the washroom. Yes, very clean but the counter top and toilet is extremely low to the ground and I am only 5'5". My husband is 6'1"and we were hunched over all weekend using the sink. It was very uncomfortable. Furthemore, the water coming from the taps and shower smelled like sewer. It was very annoying because then my hair would smell like it as well, no matter how much I washed it with shampoo. I smelled like sewer all weekend.

The beds are nice and large but very hard.

The breakfast that was free was satisfactory. Great coffee, but you have to ask for it and they serve it to you. The woman kept filling the coffee right to the very top and everyone would walk over to the bar and ask for some spillage so milk could fit in the cup. The breakfast was all starchy sweets, bagles, cereal, french toast strips and sausage. The sausage was tasty. I got the last omlette in the heated container but for the rest of the weekend they did not make any more omlettes...too bad because they were good.

Bottom line: This hotel is inconsistent in what they offer and how they care for the place. It needs greater attention to detail and service. We will not be returning to this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
nzmanager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear TorontoKeller,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and that we failed on our committment to cleanliness and service. The comments you made are not indicative of our property. I am happy to hear that you did find the hotel quiet and that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. We roate our hot breakfast items so that guests have a variety of offerings during their stay and not just the same one item on multiple days for multiple night stays. Our breakfast also offers cereals, fresh fruit, fruit salad, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. I hope you enjoyed these additional items during your stay. I hope you would consider giving our hotel another try on your next visit to London.
Port Hope, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have stayed at The Stoneridge Inn many times over the years. The location is very convenient and the grounds are well cared for and attractive. The only negative is that the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. It's quiet but it would be nice if there were some shopping close enough to walk to but you can't have everything.

Room Tip: No elevator so rooms on the first floor are easier for older people or those who have problems with...