“It's all about location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Metro

You added Hotel Metro to your Saves list
Hotel Metro
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Covent Market Place, London, Ontario N6A 1E2 , Canada   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in London
Ontario, Canada
“It's all about location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed for just the one night in the middle of a blizzard. We chose this hotel because of the close proximity to The London Gardens where we had tickets to a concert that night.
It certainly deserves the moniker 'boutique hotel' because of it's chic interior and smaller number of rooms. We asked for a queen bed overlooking the atrium and we were upgraded to a king. The room was quite large and could have accommodated a small table and a couple of chairs, however it didn't and we had our coffee and pastries both facing a wall sitting on the bench from the bottom of the bed. Underground parking was available directly across the street in The Covent Garden Market for $13 per night. I agree with another reviewer that the pillows are not the greatest. I think they should offer a choice between a softer pillow and a firm one such as most of the larger chains now offer. Another bonus of this hotel is the inside direct access to 'Blu Duby', an upscale restaurant next door. All in all, we would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for an atrium facing room as these will be the quietest.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night while in London for business. The location is in the heart of the City on the east side of the river. Easy walking distance to the court house. The hotel is across the street from London's Indoor market which is a great place to get breakfast in the morning. Several of London's best restaurants are within a block or two of the hotel. The main hockey arena where the OHL Knights play, the Budweiser Center is about 100 metres from the hotel. The restaurant in the hotel was outstanding. The duck dinner I had there was one of the best duck dinners I've had. My compliments to the chef.

Parking was in the underground parking beneath the market. One flight of stairs directly across the street. I don't know why anyone would need an elevator to the parking area. I unloaded my luggage ( brief cases etc. ) at the front door of the hotel and was quickly and cheerfully assisted by hotel staff. I then parked my truck and enjoyed the short walk back to the hotel.The wait staff in the restaurant were highly skilled, friendly and attentive. I enjoyed the bar while watching a hockey game and having my meal.

The room I stayed in had a nice view of the market square. I used the Complimentary Wifi in my room and the work station. The room was well appointed with a comfortable bed. The room was quiet despite being close to major downtown streets and a vibrant entertainment district. I had a good sleep.

The hotel was clean and well maintained. It is not a large hotel with only one elevator but it was never busy and i chose to use the stairs except when moving in and out due to my work brief cases and luggage.

My only regret is that I didn't bring ice skates with me because I would have liked to skate on the out door rink in the market square across the street ( built over the underground market parking lot. )

The people I dealt with in London were very friendly and welcoming. This is a beautiful city with a really great downtown. This Hotel is in a great location and you can park your car and easily walk short distances to lots of business and entertainment venues nearby.

I recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is my second visit to London and Hotel Metro. Since my last visit they have added some great little touches to the lobby and rooms. The staff are super friendly and accommodating and treat you as though you are a guest in their own home. Of the few nights I stayed, I dined one evening at the Blu Duby and was impressed by the menu and the live music. For a big city girl this is a great place to stay as it's stylish, well situated and offers service that is a cut above.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place I ever stayed during business or personal travel to London,Ontario. I would recommend this place to anyone out there. They have amazing rooms and great design of the hotel. It is very unique style and how things are designed. The staff are amazing and good services overall

• Stayed December 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

If you are like me and prefer to stay in a room that feels doesn't feel like a hotel room, this is the place for you. Go for the King Size Suite. Over 12 foot ceilings, an amazing waterfall shower with a beautiful separate tub and toilet. There is a complimentary brick wall behind a big beautiful and soft bed. Felt like I was in an upscale studio apartment. Will make this my home on all business trips to London. Also, the restaurant attached has the best Pad Thai i have ever had. They went gourmet, but did it right!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Parking: you've to pay 13$/day. It's off site and no elevators so you've to climb the stairs, cross a small street then enter the hotel (snow, wet stairs and ice). Once in the hotel it's different. The staff are awesome and the environment is unique. Love the open concept room. Great coffee. Warm and cuddly rooms. Restaurant is $$$.

• Stayed December 2013
Orillia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

this hotel not worth your money.
booked on line and asked for a microwave in the room
to warm up my food i was there to compete
in the body building championship and needed to eat every two hours.
well when i got there they did not have one for me and after some long talk
later that night i finally got one.
the room was nothing like the picture it shows on the web.
it was small and run down rain spots on the celling,no view only could see the walls when we lifted the blind.
to much noise at night we were kept awake by the noise in hallway.
asked for a wake up call in the morning we did not get.
it snowed heavy the time we were there and had to make a path in the snow to get
our luggage to the car.
the parking next door cost $13.00 not $10.00 like they say on the web.
and you have to pay that every time you go out with your car.
not happy at all would not ever stay there again not worth all the money i paid.
our room was not cleaned or beds made we had to call in the evening for clean towels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Firstly, thank you for staying with us at Hotel Metro and thank you for leaving a response to help our guests and hotel operations. We appreciate all constructive feedback.

We are sorry your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Our sole mission is to provide a great stay for all our guests, and as you can see from our many great reviews, we succeed very often.

Your review has some points where we could definitely improve, but there's some points that are unfortunately inaccurate/mistaken:

-Our parking is clearly listed on all sites as $13/night for the underground, heated parkade provided by the City of London. This is standard across all premium hotels in the downtown area of London and lower than most major downtown markets...it is apart of staying in the entertainment hubs of downtown cores.

-Our housekeeping staff did visit your room during the daytime hours, however you had the "Do not Disturb" sign, so we respected your request. We also always leave a tag on your day indicating that and the housekeeping hours of 8am-5pm. Outside those hours, we are happy to provide any amenities or towels you may need.

-The past weekend of your stay happen to be in the middle of the worst snow storm we've seen in a while (up to 40cm of snow!). It's hardly in our power to control the weather and amount of snow on the roads/sidewalks. We do our best to keep enough clear for our guests. In a mother nature scenario, a little inconvenience is expected for every customer and business.

At any rate, we will continue to work hard to ensure all our guests have a great stay. We wish you all the best and again appreciate your patronage and comments.

Kind Regards.

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!