“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Metro

You added Hotel Metro to your Saves list
Hotel Metro
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Covent Market Place, London, Ontario N6A 1E2 , Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in London for a wedding over the weekend. Chose to stay at the Metro for a change instead of your standard run of the mill hotel. Turned out to be a great choice. Great customer service. Room was clean, large and modern. Bed was comfy, shower was great. The decor was very ' new york' and trendy. Excellent location -- very close to the market, walking distance to coffee shops, the museum, restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at Hotel Metro. I used to live in London and return occasionally for work but usually stay in one of the "chain" hotels. The style and service at Hotel Metro far exceeds anywhere else I have stayed in London. The rooms are very chic...nice attention to detail. The toiletries and thick fluffy towels were a nice touch. Overall the staff was courteous and professional. You can't beat the location...right across from Budweiser Gardens and walking distance to all of the bars and restaurants on Richmond. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

When I travel to London there are a couple of places I usually stay but it was homecoming weekend and the hotels I checked were full. It was a happy event that I found this hotel. Its slick and elegant and very much a boutique hotel. Its ideally located in downtown London by the market and close to the train station and neighbourhood restaurants and bars. Its a 15 dollar cab ride if you are visiting students at Western. My room was excellent. The bed was wonderful and the hotel quiet for a good night's sleep. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I will go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Totonto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was quite surprised when I arrived at the Hotel Metro. It was not what I expected. I travel a lot for speaking purposes and I am always booked into the large hotels. I was a little cautious. My experience was just great. From the time I walked into the front door until I checked out two days later everything was just perfect. The staff were very friendly and the room was unique and fantastic. I wish my wife had been able to see how beautiful the décor was. When I return to London I will ask to be housed in he Metro Hotel for sure. I recommend anybody who wants a perfect home away from home in London Ontario check into the Metro Hotel. You will be as pleased as I was...

Room Tip: My room on the second floor was perfect in very way. It is nice to be able to get fresh air..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a great experience at Hotel Metro. How charming it was to stay at this boutique style hotel created from a gutted 19th century building in downtown London and renovated to be so modern. We loved its Euro-style charm. The staff was amazing... so helpful and friendly. It was a super and memorable experience!

Room Tip: We loved the higher floors with the view of the Coventry Market.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Service was friendly. Food was great. Room was nice, clean, modern and spacious. No parking at the hotel, but there was an underground lot directly across for a fee that was not an inconvenience at all. Unique hotel that we would love to stay at again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here with some friends for a concert at the arena (which was a mere block away!). Very chic and modern - clean lines, straight lines, and a modern black/gray/silver/purple decor. I would strongly encourage you to check out the room photos and make sure you can live with the layout. The king rooms with open bathroom layouts are definitely not for everyone!

The wifi is a little tenuous - it never worked in my room, though at times, I could connect to the outdoor wifi network available in the area. Only two connections are permitted per room, according to the front desk.

The only trouble we had once we arrived was zero hot water at 9 AM on a Monday morning. When I say zero - I mean zero. I let my shower run for over 20 minutes, on the advice of the front desk to "let the water run for a little bit." Nothing. Not even lukewarm. We kind of got the runaround from the front desk on the issue, as well, finally being told as we checked out that someone was on their way to fix it. That said - it was not a hotel-wide issue as friends on a different floor had hot water. Very strange.

All in all, it was a fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Please look at the room photos and know what you're in for!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!