“Best hidden gem in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Church Key Pub

Church Key Pub
476 Richmond Street, London, Ontario N6A 2E6, Canada (Central London)
+1 519-936-0960
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
“Best hidden gem in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I have visited the Church Key many times as I used to live in London. I bring all my family from out of town here. The food is local, fresh and always homemade. The ale and onion soup is lovely. We always try the local 'game' of the week which has always been superb. A little more expensive for a pub but definitely worth every penny.

• Visited April 2014

London, Ontario, Canada
“Good food for a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went to the church key for an early dinner recently, the interior takes advantage of the limited room well but I could see it being cramped in some areas when busy. The outdoor patio is nice when the weather permits and a decent variety of drinks. The menu is very classic in many senses but also has some interesting dishes at times out of left field(root beer carpaccio). My partner had a pesto risotto that was a very fair portion for the price, had a good flavor and wasn't cooked until it was cement. I had a Ribeye and potato mash with a mushroom and onion sauce and this is where I get kind of picky. The mash wasn't anything great and the rib eye while cooked nice and rare wasn't impressive by any means either for some reason. When it came to the dish I had the sauce was the best thing there I think. The service was good but a loud group of semi drunk people sitting nearby got annoying near the end and they showed no intention of getting them to be a little less obnoxious.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Collingwood, Canada
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The Church Key is one of my favourite place to dine in London. Menu options are unique and delicious. The atmosphere is second to none. Definitely a cozy place to go during the cold winter months. I highly recommend!

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Patio and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Enjoyed a delightful meal with kudos for service, atmosphere and food. The special of the day was a salad with lettuce, stilton cheese, red onions, boiled egg (halved) and several other ingredients. Crisp, tasty, plentiful and a wonderful piquant vinaigrette that totally complimented the food. I was so engrossed in my food I can't even recall what my friend ordered!!!

Our server was friendly, attentive, and competent. If this was any indication of the total menu, I would highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2014
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent atmosphere and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to the Church Key. My boyfriend took me here for my birthday dinner. It was so chilly outside, but even though we were right up against the window, it was so warm and cozy. The atmosphere was fantastic. It is a small and cozy place but I felt so welcomed.
I really enjoyed my food and out server was very kind and helpful.

Visited January 2014