“Good food, pleasant atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dragonfly
715 Richmond Street, London, Ontario, Canada (Central London)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 835 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Chatham, Canada
“Good food, pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

A limited menu, but well-prepared food.
The small number of tables makes reservations essential.
Regular steady clientele return regularly for the reliable tasty food.
The lamb is always tender and flavourful.
Good soup choices each time we have visited.
Family loves to eat at such a great dining spot.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, Ontario
“Great, unique and unpretentious always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Have been here a few times over the last few years (this review is overdue) - date night with my wife and also with teen kids. The It is a small quaint place but the food is prepared with a lot of care. I tend to order the more unique items (authentic Indonesian) cuisine, and it doesn't disappoint. My kids order more mainstream (lamb, Steak Diane) all which are done nicely. Dessert is also unique (toffee pudding using dates) and crème brule was fine.
I would like to see a few more choices, but I guess they do what they do well. Anyway its a great addition to the local restaurant scene.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Always a fantastic dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Every meal I have ever had at Dragonfly has been outstanding! The food is always fresh, delicious and cooked to perfection. The Indonesian fare is unique, authentic and again, absolutely delicious! The small, cozy and intimate interior combined with fabulous service never fails to make a meal at Dragonfly a memorable one. I cannot recommend this place enough...go try it for yourself!

Englehart, Ontario, Canada
“Tasty but Tiny (Portions)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant after the restaurant we had chosen to eat at was too full to accommodate us. We will get to that another time.

This restaurant was small, cozy and comfortable. We each chose to try the Indonesian food because we're all about new food experiences. I would like to start by stating that the food was very good, flavourful and quick to get to the table. The waitress was friendly and so was the owner, coming out to ask us if everything was okay...and it was.

If this experience fell short in any area, I would have to say it was in the quantity department. There just simply could have been more of it. Since we both ordered the same thing, the cook decided to serve it to us family style rather than on individual plates. I don't know if this is why, but there was just really not enough food. We like to eat, but are not pigs and we're sorry to say that we walked out of there hungry. The price of the meal was moderate ($20) and I just think that we should have felt satiated afterwards.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed the whole experience, I just would have liked if there had been more of it to enjoy. A suggestion might be to specify that you would like individual servings rather than shared platters. This might help?

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Excellent FoodéService and Cozy Atmosphere....do try this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I went with 2 other couples for the Monday night "Indonesian 4 course dinner". We have been in Java/Lombok/Bali and Kalimantan 3 times over the last 25 years and I can tell you the food is authentic and as tasty as any that we had when there.
The room is very intimate and the service friendly and good. The owner/chef Don noticed that I was wearing a genuine Batik shirt with a pattern common to E Java and came out for a nice after-dinner chat with the 6 of us....nice touch.
Also of note........the value is great. An excellent dinner and wine was a little over $40 each including tip....recommend! recommend!! recommend!!

• Visited September 2013