“Actually a pretty decent place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southside Restaurant

Southside Restaurant
794 Exeter Road, London, Ontario, Canada (Westminster)
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #151 of 835 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
London, Ontario, Canada
“Actually a pretty decent place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Last week my wife and I were trying to figure out where to go, and have dinner. Instead of the usual Wellington Rd. places, we went here. Nothing fancy inside, but the food was pretty good. Just normal everyday food, without 27 TV's, loud music, or a gimmicky menu, and the price was right.I enjoyed it, and we will be back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, Canada
“Southside 2014 Review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant for dinner in July, 2014. I ordered the "grilled chicken" from the senior's menu, the wife another item. The first piece of chicken was fine but the second one was off-taste. I brought this to the attention of the waitress, but no remediation, nor apology, was offered. At "bill time", we were billed the full amount. My wife queried the waitress asking if the cook had been informed. The reply was an un-apologetic 'yes'! This is not our first bad experience at Southside. We paid the bill and vowed it would be a long time before we visited again.

Visited July 2014
Fairview Heights, IL
“Food was very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Service was friendly and fast. The food was very good. My husband had a chicken wrap sandwich, my daughter had the spaghetti and I had the hot turkey. It was all very good. $25.00 for the 3 of us.

Visited July 2014
“Good Lasagna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We've eaten here several times and have been satisfied. This time I had the lasagna and it was delicious. The portion size was huge! Although I'm in my early 50s, I asked if I could order from the senior menu to get a smaller portion and she wouldn't let me. This is the first time I've been told no when I wanted to order off the senior menu. I thought it was odd. So half my lasagna went to waste.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, Ontario, Canada
“Reliably great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I visit Southside on a frequent basis and have become loyal customers. What keeps bringing us back is the friendly staff, delicious homemade meals and extremely reasonable prices. We've never had a bad experience at Southside and always leave completely satisfied.

Food Recommendations: Roast beef, breakfast, burgers, daily soup specials, wraps, pasta and fresh cut fries.

• Visited April 2014