“Tasty Portuguese cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Leamington
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family operation specialized in Portuguese home made cuisine, we do have Mediterranean dishes and some American also. All our desserts are home made. We do have facilities for meetings an group functions of up to 80 people. We do have an outdoor patio and bar with a Mediterranean theme and feeling. Our food is cooked to order. The Portuguese part of the menu is based on national and regional dishes and are as authentic as possible taking into account the availability of some of the products in our area.
Sydney, Australia
“Tasty Portuguese cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

There are not a lot of dining choices in Leamington but this restaurant is a definite option if you overnight here. The food is authentic from the Navarre area of Portugal and, with a lovely Dao to match, you can have a lovely meal. The pork and clams transported me back to Portuguese country cooking. Definitely better than yet another "pub meal".

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Grand Bend, Canada
“Fabulous dinner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and highly recommend this restaurant. The meal was delicious- my husband had the blackened pickerel and I had the garlic shrimp. As well we had ordered an appetizer which was a Portuguese sausage grilled and served with feta cheese. Very nice. For dessert my husband had the creme brûlée which he really enjoyed. Service was excellent and because there were few patrons at the time the waitress chatted with us and made us feel very welcome

• Visited June 2014
Port Dover, Canada
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Based upon reviews provided by contributors on Tripadvisor, I had high expectations when I made a reservation for my group of 15. The building where the restaurant is situated is very charming .. reminded me of old world. The main dining room was simple with a touch of class. Our waitress was very friendly.

I split a seafood platter and the arroz mariscos with a friend. The platter was excellent ... there was a bit of everything ... 2 stuffed mussels, 4 portuguese patties, a bit of chouricos but I was a bit disappointed when the mariscos was served. I had arroz mariscos before and had in my mind an image of colourful juicy rice topped with lots of seafood. The one served at this restaurant is a pale white and consisted of 3 shrimps, one very small crab claw if it was that, 3 mussels. Everything else was just rice. Very disappointing, considering that the price was $39. The taste was okay, but the other people who ordered the same said it was too salty. Personally, I didn't find that the it didn't have the same delicious seafood flavour that that I am used to. The potato/spinach soup had no flavour.

The stuffed mussels was a hit. So were the seafood linquini and the burger sandwiches.

The Portuguese chicken was very salty and had to be returned and exchanged for something else. At least, they were good enough to take the salty dish away. The spaghetti that came with the chicken parmesan was mushy but my friend just tolerated it and decided not to return it to the kitchen only because she didn't want the chef to feel bad.

For a long weekend, I wondered why the restaurant was not busy. I guess we know now.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We happened upon this restaurant and highly recommend it. The food is cooked to order, so they can accommodate preferences and allergies, and is very high quality. The atmosphere is delightful, with beautiful wood all around. It rained so we didn't get out on the patio, but it looked very inviting. The owners are friendly and hospitable. We went twice in our short time in Leamington. I highly recommend it.

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food in Leamington if you're looking for something 'better'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Nothing against Leamington, but there aren't a ton of dining options. However, we were lucky enough to stumble upon The Gallery. Great atmosphere, super friendly (but not annoying) staff, and delicious food. We followed the advice of other reviewers and stuck to the Portuguese options on the menu, but there is something for everyone. Excellent fish-based mains, and a solid wine list. Desserts out of this world! And well priced making it a strong value. Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for something other than pub food.

• Visited April 2014