“Amazing, Fun Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelee Motor Inn

You added Pelee Motor Inn to your Saves list
Pelee Motor Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   566 Bevel Line Road, Leamington, Ontario N8H 3V4, Canada (Formerly Days Inn Leamington)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Leamington
Windsor, Canada
“Amazing, Fun Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family (boyfriend, 2 young kids) January 18th, 2014. I have stayed here a few times before but years ago must hasnt changed but in a way i was glad, brought back a lot of memories and honestly never had a bad stay. This time i was able to experience the fun with my son's, we had so much fun and will forsure return soon :)
The staff was great, water park hours were a bonus, and beds were comfy, heat worked amaziing as it was a very cold night outside.. Can't wait to return and see the Renovations :) just hope prices don't change with the "new look"

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Carolyn J, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We love hearing stories like this! Thank you for taking the time to share with us, happymom136. I have also been fortunate enough to enjoy the facility as a child and then experience it with my own children. It's amazing as a manager to hear the stories of generations enjoying one another at our hotel! We are looking at a bright future with a multi-million dollar renovation to take place. It's an exciting time. We will definitely be keeping the concept of the open courtyard for our guests to enjoy. Our pricing will always stay competitive with the other hotels. We look forward to your return and Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Pelee Motor Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Belle River, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Came with my sisters, aunts and mom for a girls night durning the week. We choose to come here and swim and hang out in the courtyard, however we were confined to our rooms because there was no heat! The pool was warm however it was too cold to even get in a bathing suit. We check the thermostat which read 63, my newborn baby was unable to leave the room had I known I would be stuck in the room the whole night I would have stayed home! We went and complaint to the manager who was RUDE, rolling her eyes stating it is hard to keep it hot inside here ... We were not looking for hot just not 63 degrees. She agree to turn it up and moved it up to 74 which would have been great however it is now almost 9pm and it is now 64. No one is here except construction men walking all around - if the heat is broken then we should have been informed!!! I could have saved gas money! We went back up front to ask why it is not warm yet and the Lady at front desk whom unlike her boss is very nice said yea this is crazy she is freezing as well and called maintenance. Do not waste your time or money for rude managers whom no not care - your business is not appreciated!

• Stayed November 2013
Carolyn J, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Well I'm must say it was very unfortunate that you had this experience with us at the hotel. I am however surprised by your review. I spoke with you and your family in the morning and greatly apologized that our heat in the atrium was not working adequately. I did explain that we were having it serviced immediately and offered for you to stay as long as you would like. Even to stay an extra night on us. You did state that you could not stay so I offered a free night return to you and your family. Which you then seemed happy and stated that seemed fair. Sometimes things like this happen, which really are out of our control, but we always do what we can to make it up to our guests and right the bad situation. I'm so disappointed that you felt we did not meet that standard with you. I hope you do choose to use your free night stay and come back for a visit.
St. Catharines, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on October 20 and 21, 2013. I have stayed here several times before and in general was happy but not completely satisfied mainly because of the hot tub not working and the restaurant closed.
This time I was satisfied with the friendly front desk, restaurant/lounge, and chamber staff. I was greeted by each staff member with a "hello" and "how are you doing today?" My room had a king sized bed, couch, frig (no microwave), and work desk with free wifi. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The hot tub was working and enjoyable. In talking with people at the hotel, I found out that in the past there were concerns with the hot tub and it was repaired in a bandage fashion. With the entrance of a new owner the tub was completely overhauled and is working well.
NOTE: On previous visits, the water park was included in the cost of the room. I understand that now there is a separate fee for the park and is now a user pay situation (flat fee structure). This is good news for the corporate customers because their room rates are now cheaper. This sounds like bad news for the families who come to the Pelee Motor Inn because the cost of their stay sounds like it is more because of the fee. Apparently, the room rates have been reduced across the board to offer the best price in the Leamington area. The reduction in room fees makes up for the water park fee and the room for families is cheaper than before. GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE!
I understand that the Pelee Motor Inn is going to be flying a new hotel chain flag. I could not find out whose flag but it will not be Days Inn. There will be major renovations happening at this place in the rooms, lobby, and restaurant/lounge. -Michael
In all, my stay was most enjoyable and I would like to say thanks to the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Carolyn J, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you so much Michael for taking the time to not only let others know about your experience with us , but for explaining so well our new rate system and why it is really beneficial to our guests. Simply it makes sense. It's not that the water park is extra...It's that our prices are lower! Affordable to everyone! Regardless of travel needs!

I'm so glad that you found everyone to be friendly and the accommodations to your liking. We are proud to have served you and look forward to a bright future with many happy returns!

Sincerely

Oakville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were down in Leamington to cycle around Point Pelee and Pelee Island. The Pelee Motor Inn was perfectly situated for that. Our room was dated because it's an older hotel but everything was clean and in good working order. At first the tap in the shower dripped a bit but within 15 minutes of it being mentioned to the woman at the front desk, a repair man came and fixed it and we had no other problems. The room furnishings including bed, TV, desk and couch are all in great shape and the internet worked well (and was free). Breakfast was good. The pool and hot tub were clean and in good shape and we had a ball playing ping pong in the evening. This hotel used to be a Days Inn and apparently is being taken over by Best Western and plans are for renovation in the next year. That will make what is now a good place to stay even better. The staff were all very accommodating and knowledgeable about the area. I'd stay at this hotel again whenever I was in Leamington.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor looking over the parking lot and it was perfect for easy access wi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Carolyn J, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us! We also think that we have an excellent location for the outdoor enthusiast. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage and enjoy the area! We are looking forward to having a "new" hotel. We will do the renovations in stages so that it is not a disruption to the guests. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back!
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We just spent a couple nights over the August long weekend at this place to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. After almost 4 hours of driving to get there I was looking forward to the Jacuzzi tub to alleviate some back pain. After the mediocre reception we went to our room and to our surprise we felt like we were transported in time back to the late 70’s or early 80’s. We didn’t have a big problem with that but the other issues we had left us with a less than desirable impression of the place.

One look at the Jacuzzi tub and we knew we had wasted our money reserving a room with a Jacuzzi. Not a chance were we going to sit in a 30 or 40 year old Jacuzzi tub that doubled as the shower that clearly had seen better days. Attempting to shower in this tub was a chore! Trying to find a flat surface to stand on while trying to avoid the fluctuating water temperature proved to be something a only a gymnast could master. The handles for the taps were falling off. With respect to the toilet, never in our lives have we been in a hotel that uses a wooden toilet seats in their rooms. We have to wonder if that is even allowed!

I asked my girlfriend why she was wearing her sandals while in the room and I found the answer when I took my white socks off…they were black from the filthy floors! If the floors were that dirty it made us wonder what else they missed when cleaning the room.

While the room itself was a good size, the lack of windows with sunshine made the place feel like a dungeon.

When we checked out, not once did they ask if we were satisfied with everything nor did they say “hope to see you soon”!

Don’t be fooled with their website photos like we were.

If you can find somewhere else to stay we would recommend it. It was too much money for what they provide.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn J, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013

I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. The suites are in need of updating and we really look forward to renovating them shortly. I feel bad that no one addressed any of your concerns during your stay. I'd like to think that we always do our best to make each and every guest feel important and that they have the best stay possible with us! It would appear that we failed and I truly apologize for this. If you give us another try I would like you to call and ask for me personally so I can ensure you have the quality stay that we want to be known for.

Kitchener, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I (both in our early 30s) recently stayed at the Pelee Motor Inn for 2 nights. We chose the hotel based on the cheap nightly rate, as well as the fact that we were traveling with our dog, which limited our accommodation options. The hotel allows pets for additional fee of $10 per night.

Upon arrival, I was a bit leery of the hotel. It appeared to be located in the middle of nowhere and had a low-end motel sort of look and feel to it. A make-shift "Pelee Motor Inn" sign was hastily plastered over what was obviously a "Days Inn" sign. Nevertheless, our room was clean and comfortable and had a balcony. The staff were friendly and the complimentary continental breakfast was standard, with a hot breakfast option for an additional $6. After speaking with another couple who were staying at the hotel, we learned that we were in a "newly renovated" room. I was happy to hear that, but also surprised since the decor was in desperate need of updating (e.g., our room had dark green carpeting). Renovations, I assume, meant a flat screen tv, granite countertops and updated fixtures in the bathroom. Apparently, those rooms that face the parking lot (those with balconies) are newly renovated and those facing the pool/games area are not (as a heads up when booking). The pool area was quite big and stayed open until 11pm.

You really can't get any closer to Point Pelee National Park, which is about a 7 min drive up the road. Due to the time of year, we had to take the ferry to Pelee Island from Kingsville (as opposed to Leamington), which is approximately a 20 min drive away. This is something to consider when planning your ferry departure in Kingsville.

We may stay here again if we return to Pelee Island. The hotel certainly served its purpose in our minds, but is generally not the calibre of hotel that we are used to staying in.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the parking lot are recently renovated.
Dear TropicalLila,

Your comments mean so much to us. I appreciate you taking the time to write out your experience. We are in a transition period. We have recently been purchased and the New company has decided to do a full renovation and change brands. Hence the sign, we will be having the New signage made for the new brand. We look forward to a bright future and a new state of the art facility.

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Wifey and I had the pleasure of returning to this fabulous hotel for an overnight Aug 1.Very good price especially after the 10% discount for being blessed with old age.Wifey had forgotten, due to her aforementioned blessing, the can opener. Reservations folks were kind enought to open our can of beans. No problemo. No fight with the wifey. Room was very comfortable and had a large fridge, new microwave, large flat screen tv, king bed and a nice balcony. The saltwater pools were large and reasonably warm. The hot tub although a tad small was hot and relaxing. There is lots to do for kids here and the grounds are well kept and spacious. Continental breakfast had lots of goodies including waffles and boiled eggs all complimentary. At checkout. which was very expeditious, Carolyn, the General Manager, was kind enough to give us advise re purchasing beach property in Leamington. If we return to the Tomato capital we will definitely return to this fine hotel.
Terry and Tania

Room Tip: rm 211 was very nice. Everything worked fine.
Carolyn J, Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi terry w,

I enjoyed talking with you and wish you the best of luck with your property adventures. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay. We look forward to having you back and if I can be of any assistance, please call.

Carolyn

Been to Pelee Motor Inn? Share your experiences!