“Rooms need TLC too” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelee Motor Inn

You added Pelee Motor Inn to your Saves list
Pelee Motor Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   566 Bevel Line Road, Leamington, Ontario N8H 3V4, Canada (Formerly Days Inn Leamington)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Leamington
Oshawa, Canada
“Rooms need TLC too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This property was in need of some TLC, the rooms are worn but clean. Beautiful area. Friendly staff. Restaurant provided good food and service for the money. Will be back for sure. Next time will bring the kiddies so they can enjoy the pools and slide.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went for my first time ever worst mistake in my life!!! Besides the filthy surroundings my children among 20-30 others were made ill from the large pool area. Owner at 9 pm after the kids swam all day put a letter up closing the pool not stating an explanation but offering a 50% discount off next stay! My daughter was at the point if vomiting among other guest! It was horrible. He saw nothing wrong and ignored te situation. I contacted EMS and fire to have all children evaluated. Was told it was an irritation to the buildup of chlorine gases in te area which is NOT properly ventilated. They open the doors which when I've researched makes vapors stronger am worse during winter months! Fireman checked area water levels were fine but the manager had his maintenance open all doors and turn on a few fans to clear the room out before they arrived. Their own life guard was vomiting and choking but they insist nothing was wrong. I have a dozen of complaints from others who stayed at previous visits an had similar problems. I was told by health board water levels 2.5 days after te incident were ok. But that he does not have any ventilation In the area. Upon making calls to pool professionals and researching bingo this is his problem! Funny how you can go to Kalahri which is fully enclosed and can breath am they don't open doors for ventilation. I would love for him to come on this site and deny the situation. I have it all documented even with polie reports and EMS. Te manager was totally ignorant an inconsiderate and we had to fight to get our money back along with easy 25 other families. The place should be closed. He endanged people's lives and did a good job trying to hide it. If you saw how fast he had those doors open and the maintenance pulled out fans it clearly was not his first time in this type of situation. My kids are on puffers because of how bAd they were irritated! Disgusts me!! Please parents do not bring your children to that hell hole!!! And Mr Wolfgang I ask you to respond to this like you tried to deny as lie that own evening. You are a poor excuse for a human jeopardizing those children's health. Shame on you!!! And they advertise salt water environment. When I called I was told the inner small pool is salt water bigger chlorine. Now after this incident it's apparently all salt water. What a joke!! it's not all salt water people. I can give dozen of documentation showing this is what happened and tht it's not a salt water environment. Do not go there!!! It's hell!! This took place March 23 3013 feel free to contact Leamington Police if need be it has all been documented.

• Stayed March 2013
Wolfgang S, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I am very sorry about your experience here at the hotel and only can tell you at this time, that all is being investigated thoroughly.

W,. St,
General Manager.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

on Saturday March 23/13 many people are still sick and on puffers and other medicines due to fumes ,poor ventilation and something in the water,my skin was left with a raw rash,eyes burning and red,coughing and choking,children and people vomiting,police,fire and ambulance were there yet the manager assured us at 4pm 5pm 6pm the water and air was safe,even though all you could hear were choking,vomiting,children and adults.I am on a puffer still choking and throwing up and so are many others very ill.Never again ,Free would I stay there.Given are money back and offered a half price stay again,this place endangered our lives,my children and grandchildren.So much for our stay driving home at night taking baths at 12;30 pm because our eyes and skin were on fire,up all night choking and throwing up,spending time at ER and doctors Office still

Room Tip: Never Stay there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wolfgang S, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I am very sorry about your experience, I assure you , we are doing everything to find out why this happened, we are still investigating.

W. St. General Manager
Shelburne, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My daughter had a baketball tournament in Chatham and we and the team stayed at Days Inn. When walking in the front door you get a false impression that the hotel is nice. What a wake up call. The rooms are old and in need of a makeover. The atrium area was very nice at a fast glance. Then you start to notice things that needed urgent attention. The water park area was the main concern. There it looked like there was black mold.The water was green and the bottom of the pool was slimy. Our children spent a fair amount of time in the waterpark. They all got sick from Chlorine gas overdose. They were coughing,eyes were burning,throat soar. A couple of our girls were severly effected by the toxins. Other guests were falling ill and 911 was called. We csnnot get straight answers on what really happened. The Wyndham Customer Service Care does not care about their guests, or the harm that our families were in.Don't let the waterpark attraction pull you there. You will regret it.All of our children ended up at the hospital.This was on March 22-24th. We had to evacuate our families for fear of further exposure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wolfgang S, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I am very sorry about your experience, let me assure you that we are thoroughly investigating this matter.

W. St.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Please consider the safety of your children before making a reservation.

We were there for a group sporting event (finals) for 12 girls aged 8-10 pm March 22-24, 2013. The entire team & family members fell ill resulting in our departure shortly after 10 pm on the 23rd after emergency services responded to a call from a guest due to same symptoms our team was suffering. Swollen itchy eyes, sore throats, wheezing, coughing. The most severe symptoms in our group was vomitting and diarrhea. 3 kids ended up in hospital after leaving hotel. Today (March 26th) my daughter and 2 team mates went to emerge with serious symptoms.

The GM was initially dismissive on site. My emails prompted some delayed attention.

I am in the process of trying to find out what in their facility - suspected to have been the water park and pool area has been making their staff (also reported similar serious symptoms) and guests sick this past weekend and from the trip advisor reviews earlier in the week too.

If I can share a lesson learned: investigate the number of health related complaints from guests on rating boards like this and reports made to Windsor Essex Ministry of Health by emergency services, employees and guests before considering your stay.

I believe that this hotel should be shut down until the renovations and projects they claim are underway are completed. The health of a single human should be regarded with much more respect and care than losing $$$ by closing down a facility in dire need of attention. I honestly fear for the safety of those youth and other staff working in such an unsafe environment.

Wyndham customer care has also failed to respond to my escaltion request emails.
Please consider these comments before entrusting your family to an organization that is not responsive to customer concerns.

An unfortunate & horrific experience we are still dealing with today.

Safe travels.

• Stayed March 2013
" want answers"
I am very sorry about your experience, at this time I can report that all is being investigated.

W. St.

Been to Pelee Motor Inn? Share your experiences!