Last year the family went to Great Wolf Lodge. It was insanely expensive, very loud, and so busy/big that we barely spent actual time with the kids. They took off in the waterpark and we spent hours in line-ups and trying to keep track of everyone. We had a great time, but it wasn't a relaxing weekend by any means.
This year we tried the Pelee Days Inn in Leamington. With two pools, two waterslides, splash area and a huge atrium where the kids and adults could partake in some good old-fashioned family fun, we couldn't have been happier. Check in was very quick & easy, staff are friendly and we got to our rooms in no time. Realizing we wouldn't all fit in two rooms, we went to the front desk, who offered us a third room at half price. What service!!!
We had two rooms that opened to the atrium with seating on the long balcony. We could let the kids loose to play badminton, ping pong, arcade, etc. while we socialized/supervised in comfort.
Having two pools is great! The kids had a blast on the two waterslides and by 11pm, they were fast asleep.
The beds were comfortable, the rooms were basic but clean and we were very satisfied.
PROS: Atrium activities (no need for video games or iPhones - kids get to actually be KIDS again, and the adults can join in too), dual pool/water areas, lots of space, family-friendly atmosphere, warm, friendly staff.
CONS: Some of the room features could use a little help... bathroom was a little worn-out, tv was small and old. There is only a continental breakfast offered (probably the biggest downfall of the entire establishment.. they need a full hot breakfast buffet!)
All in all, the Days Inn was exactly what we wanted from a family weekend, it was inexpensive, loads of fun and included everything we needed. We will definitely be back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pelee Motor Inn offers a family resort hotel,with accomodations, dining on site,plus banquet and meeting facilities. The amenities abound with indoor heated salt water pool, two water slides,recreational games, pool tables, arcade gallery, and beautifully atrium. Enjoy the resort style badminton on our court, mini putting green, golf courses, boating, fishing and nature walks on Lake Erie add to the Hotel's superb facilities. Newly renovated well appointed rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pelee Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Conference Centre Leamington
- Days Inn & Conference Centre Leamington Hotel Leamington
- Days Inn Leamington
- Leamington Days Inn
- Pelee Motor Inn Leamington, Ontario