“Great alternative to Great Wolf” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelee Motor Inn

You added Pelee Motor Inn to your Saves list
Pelee Motor Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   566 Bevel Line Road, Leamington, Ontario N8H 3V4, Canada (Formerly Days Inn Leamington)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Leamington
Ontario, Canada
“Great alternative to Great Wolf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Last year the family went to Great Wolf Lodge. It was insanely expensive, very loud, and so busy/big that we barely spent actual time with the kids. They took off in the waterpark and we spent hours in line-ups and trying to keep track of everyone. We had a great time, but it wasn't a relaxing weekend by any means.
This year we tried the Pelee Days Inn in Leamington. With two pools, two waterslides, splash area and a huge atrium where the kids and adults could partake in some good old-fashioned family fun, we couldn't have been happier. Check in was very quick & easy, staff are friendly and we got to our rooms in no time. Realizing we wouldn't all fit in two rooms, we went to the front desk, who offered us a third room at half price. What service!!!
We had two rooms that opened to the atrium with seating on the long balcony. We could let the kids loose to play badminton, ping pong, arcade, etc. while we socialized/supervised in comfort.
Having two pools is great! The kids had a blast on the two waterslides and by 11pm, they were fast asleep.
The beds were comfortable, the rooms were basic but clean and we were very satisfied.
PROS: Atrium activities (no need for video games or iPhones - kids get to actually be KIDS again, and the adults can join in too), dual pool/water areas, lots of space, family-friendly atmosphere, warm, friendly staff.
CONS: Some of the room features could use a little help... bathroom was a little worn-out, tv was small and old. There is only a continental breakfast offered (probably the biggest downfall of the entire establishment.. they need a full hot breakfast buffet!)

All in all, the Days Inn was exactly what we wanted from a family weekend, it was inexpensive, loads of fun and included everything we needed. We will definitely be back!!!!

Room Tip: Standard rooms have two beds, no couch. Large suites have two couches that do NOT pull out into beds...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wolfgang S, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this great review.
We are sharing the reviews with everyone at the Inn and it is always great when it is a good one.
Yes, we are not the Great Wolf Lodge but our prices are also a little different. We are hoping to be able to upgrade some of our rooms in the near future. We do offer great family packages, for $ 139 you get a room, a 3 course meal from our Dinner Menu for 2 adults and up 3 kids under 12 years old eat free. And then of course breakfast the next morning

thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

W. St. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Peterborough, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel should have been renovated many years ago! You get the impression very quickly that ownership can't or won't spend any money on the place. The doors lead to the room(226) from outside are very difficult to open,door frames severely rusted,the room had a very strong chemical smell,it seemed like the used something to remove stains from the ceiling tiles,bathroom sink is chipped,floor tiles are freezing cold,mildew in grout,old 27 inch TV,most channels had so much snow they were not watchable,the insulated blankets had holes in them,mattress is rock hard,in-room coffee is a joke,only enough sugar/whitener for 1. For $168+ tax this is a huge rip off,we have been in much nicer rooms for half the price. The front desk staff are friendly but the rest just ignore you. The continental breakfast was good but they advertise having a family restaurant but you can't get a cooked breakfast? The gaming area for kids is great and kids do love that area. Worst of all is the pool/slide area is outright DANGEROUS,many of the fake “Sky” ceiling tiles have fallen down,many more are tangling there waiting to fall on someones child! There really no excuse for this condition,if you can't keep them in place,take them ALL down before someone gets hurt!We stayed at one end of the pool for fear of this. Another large area of that roof has been replaced with chip board. I must admit that I have not seen any other rooms that may have been updated but given the conditions $168 is way over priced.
The pictures you see on the internet are very old and be suspicious of positive reviews that may be written by employees and friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HI Steve from Peterborough, this response might be posted twice as I did send one already last night. I like to thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review.
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I so share all comments with the owner of the hotel as well as with the people working with me. I do think you stayed in Room 225 as we dont have a room 226.. we did check the room and we will make the repairs immediately.
Our Restaurant is open Mondays - Saturdays from 5 - 9pm and I am sorry if someone gave you the wrong information. We do serve a continental breakfast from 6 - 10 on weekdays and 6 - 11 on weekends. You might have noticed that a section of the ceiling in the water park has already been repaired and we are going to continue with that as soon as possible. with regards to the plywood in one section of the ceiling.. we had some wind damage during Sandy and waiting for the special panels to arrive.
my sincerest apologies to you.
W. St. General Manager
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Days Inn in Leamington On on a weekend in October.We enjoyed our stay, the Lady at the front desk was very friendly & helpful with questions about the area. Not only was the bed very comfortable, the room was very nice clean and quiet.
In the evening we had Dinner in the Diningroom....the service and food was excellent , very tasty.
We really enjoyed every minute of it , I wish we could have extended our stay.
Thank you again for all the service, we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: higher floor have less A/C unit noise they are very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolfgang S, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear R. and B. from Waterloo,

thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about it. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our services. I am passing this on to all at the Hotel.
And I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals in the Dining Room, we just appointed a new Chef and I am very, very pleased with his talents.
I hope you had a chance to visit some of the wineries and the National Park!
thank you again and please share your experience with your family and friends

Wolfgang Stichnothe
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came in with 7 Families 30 in total,enjoyed every bit of it,stayed for just one night,but should
have stayed for more,we had so much to do in a small town ,the pool and the water slides were
great fun for kids,the Hotel Service is excellent,specially the Manager Denise Gaffan and
her team from the time of booking till we left, spacious rooms,clean and and well decour for its
standards,the price was also very resonable,the staff is very courteous and helpful,breakfast
was also included in the price,what more you can ask for.

A nice place to stay if you want to see the city,lots to do, also not very far from down town.

Room Tip: If with kids try to get the rooms facing the pool area,as every thing is more visible from the room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wolfgang S, General Manager at Pelee Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Mark and group, thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to comment about your stay. I am very pleased that you did enjoy your stay and I will pass your comments on to all.
I do share all comments with everyone at the Hotel, they make the Hotel what it is..

Please do share your experience and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Wolfgang Stichnothe, General Manager
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. I intended to stay just 1 night, but everything was so great and there is so much to do and see in the area, that I stayed longer. My room had a king bed, sofa, desk, microwave and fridge - very useful. The bathroom was very nice and the bed and linens were very comfortable. My room must have been updated recently. Everything was spotless. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I changed my vacation itinery based on their advice. The Manager intorduced himself to me at breakfast, and we chatted about my plans - he also offered some advice based on his experiences. The location is great. I didn't use the pool area - too busy enjoying Lake Erie. Will definitely return. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a King bed on an upper floor away from the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear " will return", I must apologize for responding to your comments only today, I must have missed it.. so sorry..
thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.
I do enjoy in talking to ours guests as much as possible and I am glad that I was able to make some recommendations to you.
On behalf of all of us here in Leamington, again, thank you very much and we are looking forward to your return visit.

Wolfgang Stichnothe

Been to Pelee Motor Inn? Share your experiences!