“We returned!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mekong Restaurant

Mekong Restaurant
394 Princess St, Kingston, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Kingston)
(613) 549-5902
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 363 Restaurants in Kingston
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
ontario, canada
“We returned!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

When I was working in Kingston at the University the Mekong was my go restaurant for Thai food. In recent years there has been an influx of Thai/Cambodian restaurants in Kingston and we stopped going to Mekong. This past month we decided to give Mekong a visit and discovered that it has not changed. The food is good and plentiful...the restaurant is dated and somewhat non-descript but what the heck....we come for the food and the service.

We had a good experience....lots of good food and a pleasant server....we will return!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto
“We love Vietnamese food....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We eat Vietnamese food a lot as we love it. We like Thai basil in it - and in the rice paper rolls.
No Thai basil in any of those. We asked why, and they told us that they need to drive somewhere to pick it up every two days, and also that people here don't really appreciate it in the meal. Also, the soup we ordered was not the soup that would add basil to. How about rolls.... They were plain -iceberg lettuce, tofu and rice noodles.

Meal was OK, but we had a suspicion that the soup had much MSG - we both can be human detectors of MSG because of how it makes us feel after.

Good things about this restaurant were clean place, nice staff, central location

Visited June 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Definitely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We found this restaurant looking to lunch. It had been the best choise! when we get in I saw vietmamese people eating, for me it is good signal.

We ordered phad thai chai, phad thai hai san and pho bo thai, first and seconds ones are spicy stir fried rice noodle with vegetables or shrimp with tamarindo sauce and peanuts. third one is noodle soup with beef. Everything was delicious! and the quantity is generous for good price.

We ate spring rolls too. It was very good too.

Place is clean, service is very good. Family friendly.

When I come back Kingston, I'll be eating there!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“The best vietnamese food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've tried to find a restaurant comparable to Mekong in Toronto, but to little success. It had been at least 8 years since I had visited and the food lived up to the memory! I had a vegetarian vermicelli dish with a spring roll and it was fresh and delicious. I will definitely return during my next trip to Kingston!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Canada
“fresh choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

good service, fresh and reliably good food at a fair price.They have a complete menu and each time I have gone here the food was good

Visited May 2012