“Food portions cut in half!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jiffy Grill

Jiffy Grill
2395 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 8T6‎, Canada (Waterloo Village)
+1 613-544-0171
Improve this listing
Ranked #229 of 369 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Waterloo Village
Neighborhood: Waterloo Village
Kingston, Canada
“Food portions cut in half!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have been regulars for breakfast and lunch for quite some time. The service is very friendly and the food is fine for what is expected, diner food. Our last visit was our last. My husband has had the french toast many times but this time it was one small piece of white sandwich bread served with 2 slices of bacon for $9. I ordered pancakes but added 1 egg. I was charged $3 for the egg. Prices have gone up and quality and portions have gone down. Too bad. It was once a great place.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“food is good service needs improving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

good food, price, service inattentive when busy. owners need to move their butts and help clear tables and help rather than just guard the cash till. Usuall family type fare. Only second glass of water you will get is when the ice melts. Good product inattentive management. and servers.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kingston
“It was an experience!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

I guess I had been lucky in my trips before to this Restrauent as I have asked around the community I have found my story is not atypical.
Ordered lunch. It arrived cold after setting on the counter while the other person's meal was completed 7-10 minutes later (its a diner you can see when the order is up).
Was served by a server who when asked for beverages loudly informed me she was not our server (the server was not but we had not see the server who had taken our order for 15 minutes). We sent the cold food back - a all day breakfast combo (who wants to eat cold hash browns and scrabled eggs????)
and it came back so fast that I guess they must have put it in a microwave to heat up. No coffee arrived. So I decided to talk to the manager who was sitting at the dinner counter. Except when I starte with, in gerneral things are great here, she did not want to listen and just shouted at me that she had the greatest staff in the world. On the way out the door one of her regulars physically threatened me multiple times, as I was a "bully" and a "mean person", in his beer induced stupor at 12 noon.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere