“Their makeover needs a redo.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 352 restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian, Pizza & Pasta, Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
“Their makeover needs a redo.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been frequenting Bella's over the passed few years with mixed feelings. At first the service was great, good food with a quaint atmosphere. Over the years the servers lacked passion, the food needed something extra and the place needed a bit of a makeover. With new banquets and carpet it would have more life. Well, they got their makeover. Yikes! No new banquets or carpet. They painted the warm yellow walls a stark white. The huge mirrors with black frames now have white frames It looks like three huge holes in the walls. Over the back of the bar, they put a big sheet of aluminum which is framed with wood. What is it, you might ask. I don't know.... art????? The wall under the bar is done with the same sheeting. Also, there is a small counter with stools where you can sit and look at your reflection in....you guessed it, more metal sheeting. What's with that??? I guess we'll return but hope for a little colour and warmth.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent mussels with coconut sauce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Bella Bistro was recommended by Green Acres Inn as a restaurant to try so my family and I did! My family and I were impressed! When we walked in we were lucky to get a table as it was packed to capacity! The service was great and the mussels with coconut sauce dish was awesome! My husband and kids enjoyed there dinners too. My daughter especially loved the pasta and the tartufo ice cream was delicious! Pleasant surprise!

Visited August 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Always a good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have visited bell 4 different times and always had good fresh food prepared to my liking . The service has always been up to par even when my date was un happy with her food they were quick to please and promptly resolved any issue .

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Bella Bistro in Collins Bay is one of Kingston's best kept secrets. The extremely casual atmosphere sets the stage to a fantastic eating experience. Seriously, the meals are on par with any of Kingston's finest dining establishments, if not better. Daily specials keep things interesting. This is not a restaraunt that you go to for ambiance, you go there for the food!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Napanee, Ontario
“Nice Place to Dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped at Bella Bistro last week at lunch time and it was busy. We were attended to shortly after we were seated but another couple left due to slow service. The server came and took our drink orders and was back shortly and we ordered our meal at that time. The meal came about 15 minutes later which in my estimation is acceptable and fairly quick. It was hot and tasted delicious. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her lunch and said that we would definitely eat there again. It is comfortable inside but the tables and chairs have been there for quite some time. It could stand some sprucing up but it was clean. We left with "full tummies".

• Visited June 2013