“"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Luke's Gastronomy - CLOSED

Luke's Gastronomy
264 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7L 1B5, Canada (Downtown Kingston)
(613) 531-7745
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Kingston
“"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We took a groupon for Luke's Gastronomy, and thought it would be a great way to spend a date night on the town....we were in for a nasty surprise. With no other clientele in sight, an awkward atmosphere, and tiny portions of overpriced food in a dingy dining room, the pretentious service was not appreciated. We went out to try something new....but were disappointed...perhaps we're not artsy-fartsy enough for the culinary "experience" of Luke's Gastronomy.... (Be prepared to fill up on McDonald's accross the road...you won't leave full...).

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Canada
“Too precious for the likes of me.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Luke is an artist, not a chef. We paid a fortune then went elsewhere to eat because we were hungry. Sorry Luke, I insist on not being hungry after I leave a restaurant. I don't want gargantuan portions but I don't want to leave hungry and ripped off.

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A treat for your taste buds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I would travel to the ends of the earth for Luke's and funnily enough eating at Luke's is like the ultimate travel experience for your taste buds. They are constantly surprised, intrigued and delighted by Luke's unique innovations and unthinkable combinations!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A unique adventure for the senses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food at luke's is absolutely incredible. Yes the portion sizes are small, yes the atmosphere could stand to be updated, but luke's remains, without a doubt, the most interesting, intricate, and artistic culinary experience.

If you are looking for good value, go to McDonalds, it is right across the street. Luke's is an adventure for the senses, a round-the-world trip for the taste buds, and it should be experienced with the same open-mindedness and willingness to explore as a trip to any foreign country.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Another amazing meal at Luke's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I had another amazing experience as we returned to Luke's last night. Every single dish was an adventure in itself, from the appetizers to the desserts. My main course was a goat meat dish with coffee powder and a carrot juice. It was called "How goats discovered coffee in Yemen". I was literally transported to Africa as my senses discovered the different smells and flavours. Simply amazing. Luke's isn't for every one though. You have to go with a totally open mind and take all courses for a complete experience. This isn't a restaurant where you just have one main course. Luke is an artist and you must give him the chance to impress you all the way. Just like you can't buy half a painting, you cannot have half a meal at Luke's. It's too bad in my opinion that the decor isn't up to Luke's talent as a chef. But we forget the decor as soon as the dish is served. I will return again and again for a really special dining experience!

• Visited December 2012