Today January 1st 2013 I went out in at about 11:30 Am in search of a restaurant here in Kingston, I found out that most of them were closed, except for red Lobster in Bath road.
I have my favorite Red Lobster restaurant in Ottawa and Toronto, so this is my first time I to eat eating at this restaurant located at 410 Bath Road.
The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated the manager and the server polite.
I ordered Fish in papillote I had been highly disappointed with this dish (I know how the meal should look and taste, I had made myself this meal several time and also had eaten several times before in other restaurants) The menu stated that the fish is cooked in a papillote, with wild rice, and a mix of fresh vegetables (papilloted is a way to steam the food in a wax paper packet)
1) The papillote was served 90% burned-black in color.
2) The rice was overcooked, old rice and it was white plain boil rice, I was not wile rice as it was written in the menu.
3) The tomatoes mushy skin on and burned and the rest of the anions as well. The papillote had in total of two pencil thick asparagus cut in two, they were old and overcooked too.
4) They used dehydrated herbs with a salty/artificial food flavor unevenly pour on the plate, fortunately not over the fish.
5)Before I started to eat my lunch, I informed the server: I think I got the wrong meal I am suppose to have wild rice . The server said: ‘It is the correct order; we don’t have wild rice and left quickly left’
He knew my order and if he had informed me that they don’t serve wild rice I would have selected another meal.
6) Soon after the manager showed up and kindly said: ‘This is a typo error, someone made a mistake; we don’t serve wile rice in this restaurant. The Red lobsters in the Estate they do serve wild rice in not us.’
The best part of the meal was the fresh salad, the glass of wine and the serving of fish, the rest was left over one to two days old garbage and it belongs there in the garbage not in the body of human.
Frankly, I don’t think a pig would have eaten the food they served me today. The price 35$ including the tip.
I am not planning to return to this restaurant. For the main reason that they misled me not once not twice, but three time in one dish of meal, the rice, the tomatoes unions and asparagus.
For the above reasons, i don’t recommend this restaurant. They should stop to mislead their customer, most of the time they might get away but not always.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.