“The Star has Dimmed.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
LaFargeville
“The Star has Dimmed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I returned to the Lone Star after several years, this time with our two pre-teen daughters in tow. This place was one of our old stompin grounds in earlier days.
The Cons: They still don't take reservations, but there's no place to wait for a table when the upstairs bar is closed. When we were seated and served, my beer was a bit warm and our food, though cooked perfectly, was quite bland. Took a long time to arrive.
The Pros: Our server was great; she made a menu suggestion that saved us$12. The atmosphere was fun as always, and our 12-year-old was thrilled with her first fajita experience.

Overall, it was okay, but with so many other dining spots in Kingston, the Lone Star better get its groove back or it'll be gone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lone Star T, Public Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi WestNile, thank you for visiting us again. We are very sorry to hear your experience didn't live up to our Lone Star standards. Please contact me at scout@lstg.ca to further discuss your visit.

Windsor, Canada
“Fun and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great atmosphere and fun, friendly staff. Service was awesome. Went with 5 others and all liked their meals. Good portions and their fajitas and chips were fresh made in the restaurant.

My food was not so great: coleslaw was blah, ribs and fries cold and my 'naked' wings were dry. I know they would have fixed it right away or comped my meal if I spoke up but frankly it was not so awful that I could not eat it and I did not want to wait to get it fixed. The waitress tried to give me a free meal but if I eat it, I pay for it. She even insisted I speak to the manager who again tried to make it up to me. I know that if I had complained they would have gladly fixed it or it would have been free.

I have no issues with going back since I can understand why some of your meals are not perfect. My friends loved their food and drinks and all expressed that they would come back.

So....my advice, go, eat there, have a great evening and if your meals is not perfect, speak up and they will gladly fix it for you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My first time at a Lone Star but I'll certainly plan on going back. Very good service, excellent food. We had the Chicken Salad and the Fajita Enchiladas. Got the enchiladas with one of each type of meat (I don't usually care so much for steak but that was my favourite). We shared both meals and loved them both. The marguerita was delicious as well.
Great place and I would absolutely recommend it to friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massena, New York
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great staff, Great Food price was excellent. NO disappointment here. From the host right down to our server, everything was great

Visited May 2013
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Howdy Heather, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. So glad you enjoyed your Lone Star experience. Hope to see y'all soon when you are in our neck of the woods again.
USA
“Dining out in Kingston”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I ate here while visiting the 1,000 island area from GA. Looked cool from the outside due to the look that it's in an old fire station. Meters across the street were so confusing that everyone stood around staring at each other in confusion around 5 p.m. and the fees. Someone needs to fix that, but not the Lone Star (obviously don't park in this lot if you come)....back to the review....we started to eat outside on the deck, but couldn't take it due to the "May flies" which were an immediate annoyance. Have no clue how the people out there could take it unless they are locals and just use to it. HAD to leave that area. Ate inside and found the menu to have many options, however not anything with whole grains - it would be easy to offer a whole grain wrap to the menu. We ate fajitas - chicken - and had a few drinks. Honestly very average and priced high. Service was average as well. Location was great. Left with a full belly, but just not impressed and wouldn't visit again being the price was high. Perhaps it's because I'm from the south, but I was expecting more.

• Visited May 2013