“staff /ownership needs to wake up” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lechee Garden Restaurant

Lechee Garden Restaurant
1758 Bath Rd. West, Kingston, Ontario K7M 4Y2, Canada (Gardiners)
(613) 389-8480
Improve this listing
Ranked #186 of 363 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Neighborhood: Gardiners
Toronto, Canada
“staff /ownership needs to wake up”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Over a year ago I gave this place a glowing review..much has chnged since then and I don't know why...my last 5 out of 5 visits were less than stellar. twice the stir fry was half cooked some hot some cold..twice my order was not as requested..and the 5 th time I waited 35 minutes for my order ..only me and one other couple in the place and they were already eating.

The servers/owners don't write down what you ask for and by the time they reach the kitchen the order goes in wrong.. servers cooks and the ownership need to wake up..as a former long time customer who visited often..I was most disappointed..I haven't been back in 5 months. to the owners it takes weeks/ months/ even years to develop loyal customers ...seconds to lose them.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Canada
“Christmas Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We went for a family Chirstmas Party and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere ! Had very reasonably priced entres and very friendly service.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointing -”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Disappointing – I was looking for some excellent takeout but the cashier warned me when I ordered that they only had European style Chinese food.
I was looking for some authentic or what passes for authentic Chinese food in Kingston. I looked at the on-line reviews for something close to where we were staying and the Lichee Garden sounded like a safe bet.

My partner wanted stuffed tofu and so did I. After the warning from the person taking my order, I went ahead and ordered as I hadn't brought my computer to allow me to look for something else I took my chance and ordered.

I ordered three dishes. The Yang Chow fried rice was stale and seemed to be ever so slightly off. The honey garlic ribs were way too sweet, over cooked and almost flavourless. Finally there was a nice dish of large shrimp and mixed vegetables. Again almost flavourless.

I spoke to the person who handed me the takeout and said that I was disappointed about not being able to order bean curd. He said something I had heard elsewhere in Kingston. When I ordered some it simply went bad because no-one ordered it.

So I don't know if this is just what the local's expect or with buy but for someone who enjoys Chinese cooking it is simply bland, over-cooked and without distinction.

Service was friendly and the food was made quickly and was hot.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“consistently good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We have been going here for 5 years, food is good , and good value, despite having some staffing problems in the last year with cooks and servers.Cleaned up a little and staff are busy handling the many take out orders..... be patient the food is good and plentiful....worth a visit..I'll go here any day before I'll return to Silver Wok.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

I have been going here for years. The food is always great and served up hot. Very fast, polite service. I LOVE this place. The combination dishes are great value and very tasty. In my opinion, this is the number 1 place to go to for Chinese food. There are also some non-Chinese dishes as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere