“Great outdoor patio...great food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Piggy

Chez Piggy
68r Princess St, Kingston, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Kingston)
(613) 549-7673
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Gananoque, Canada
“Great outdoor patio...great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Menus has some interesting choices and the food is very good. I've eaten here many times over the years and never once been disappointed. Patio is a lovely place to sit on a nice day.
Waiters busy but capable and friendly.

Visited June 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Total disapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I recently took a good friend of mine from out town to Chez Piggy to show off my good taste in restaurants of course. I have visited most restaurants in Downtown Kingston and a lot of them are average with the exceptions of a few ones that are amazing in my opinion. I chose Chez Piggy because I tried it some time ago and honestly have not been there for some time now but trusting their consistency I decided to bring my good friend who happens to be a chef. I wanted to impressed her with my good taste in Restaurant...so first impressions...looking good (thumbs up: she loved the architecture of the building...fantastic...bonus points for me) We sat down on the upper part of the Restaurant which was nice. First thing we asked for a bottle of wine, the wine tasted vinegarish we just couldn't drink it. While waiting to place our food order, I noticed for the first time in a long time that I could hear everybody's conversations and that was to the lack of music in the background...in other words the ambiance was dreadful...yikes! We started to order the food and we asked for her favorite Confit of Muskovy Duck Leg and my favorite Lemon Roasted Chicken Supreme...what a disappointment they both were flavorless and dry...this wasn't looking good at all I can tell you that! We ate some of the food and did not complaint...so at this point I just asked to for pay the bill and left. I am sure I will not be going back to this Restaurant or recommend it to friends unless they do change some of that...What a disappointment! Just to be fair I have to say that the servers were lovely.:) Thanks.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Loved the area and the building that it was in very old and historic part of Kingston.

The food was ok not really anything to rave about....I had taken my boss who was in from Vancouver and thought it would be somewhere quite interesting that he could experience.

We were seated upstairs and the atmosphere left something to be desired. Had it been warm enough the patio would have been great.

Visited April 2014
“Lunch with the Grand Children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We come here every year from New Zealand when visiting our son and his family. It never fails to delight. Our Grand Children this year aged 8 and 6 always ask "when are we going to Chez Piggy" we have always eaten outside in the delightful courtyard surrounded by a grape vine canopy. Staff are soo friendly ..the menu is fantastic..they go overboard for anything you want. The service is absolutely 1 st class. In the past we have asked for the children's meals to be pronto...not minding waiting for ours..and they were pronto. This year we all ordered together and we couldn't believe how quickly it all arrived. As always the food is delicious. There are all sorts on the menu...especially one side of the menu is all vegetarian ...for me delicious. The ravioli that Pappa had was apparantly supper ..highly recommended and we look forward to returning next year.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Quebec
“Sadly, not as good as it once was”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Smokers and mobile users - we were placed on the outer edge of the outdoor terrace - and between the smoke and talking - it took away from what we had hoped to be a romantic anniversary dinner. Lighting also provided made it difficult to see what you were eating - or even viewing the menu - so it was abit of a shot in the dark as to what you were putting on your fork. Service wasn't up to the standards I had come to expect from previous visits (have been going there since '87). Not sure if we'll return again - sigh (we were there on a Wed).

Visited August 2014