“Great establishment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Piggy

Chez Piggy
68r Princess St, Kingston, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Kingston)
(613) 549-7673
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Cape Vincent, New York
“Great establishment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have enjoyed many great lunches on their patio. Many unusual choices as well as great burgers. Try the Sangria on a hot summers day.
I have only dined once in the evening. It too was a great meal.

71% Recommend
Weyburn, Canada
“Great ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love this restaurant! In the summertime sitting outside in the courtyard is so romantic. Great place to get great quality food

Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Loving every spoonful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our entourage of 13 people gathered at Chez Piggys on a windy Sunday and were greeted with enthusiasm and seated within a reasonable time.The waitress was very cordial and patient.The atmosphere ideal and peaceful-it was like Zal was watching over the place.The food was excellent-spinach salad and the good-a-burgers stood out as A-ONE during the lunch.The steak though not so eye-appealing was very tasty.One minor complaint are the food portions are small compared to some hefty prices but overall it was an excellent experience and this being my second visit I recommend this venue as my first choice when visiting Kingston.Loved every spoonful-keep up the excellent service and unique food presentations!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Dining Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ahhh Chez Piggy. This is the place I take people who come to Kingston to visit. Extensive lunch and dinner menu options and a fantastic wine and microbrew selection. Chez Piggy staff is always quick to greet you and even if there was a bit of a wait for my meal, I hardly noticed thanks to the comfortable atmosphere and attentive staff. You can eat inside the dim dining room (up or down stairs) but I highly recommend their perfect patio for summer diners. It is spacious, and well hidden from the street through a little alley-way and from surrounding restaurants by greenery. Impressed by the service, food, and atmosphere every time.

Visited April 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Sunday Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I visited Kingston to see our son at Queen's University. We don't see him often so it was a special occasion to go out for dinner at Chez Piggy. We had been there once before perhaps a year ago. My recall is that it was a good experience.

My wife enjoys lamb and consequently ordered the "MEDITERRANEAN LAMB SHANK with ORANGE GREMOLATA". It arrived and it quickly became apparent there was a problem. She had a lot of difficulty cutting the meat off the bone. Mentioned to server who immediately stated that it was not cooked properly (thank you) - should be able to cut it a fork - took it away and offered a " TRUFFLE STUFFED ROAST CHICKEN BREAST" in it's place which arrived in approx 5 min or so.

As I explained to server at end of the meal it took me a few minutes to really process what was happening with the lamb issue. Having seen the lamb fiasco I then started to question my own experience with the "GRILLED BEEF TENDERLOIN" which I had ordered medium rare but it was my thinking that it was not warm enough as served. This issue at the time because I wasn't sure if the med rare had been a factor. My thinking now is that the beef had cooled before serving and I should have said something at the time. My mistake.

The reason for my rating is that in my opinion the lamb is a quality control issue. A quality control problem is a serious management problem that needs to be addressed immediately. It is not a one-timer.

Bottom line is that our family will find another restaurant in Kingston area to leave $135 plus gratuity the next time we get to see our son. This experience definitely soured what would otherwise have been a pleasant family outing that we were looking forward to.

I do not recommend Chez Piggy to others.

• Visited March 2013