“Nice, clean motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 37 hotels in Kingston
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice, clean motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent a very pleasant night at this motel. Our room was clean and comfortable, and a decent size. There were plenty of pillows, a nice feature if you need extra ones under your legs because of a sore back. The continental breakfast was simple (some cereal, a bagel and coffee), but good to have to start our day. It is away from downtown, but this was not problem for us.

As a bonus, although we reserved a regular room they upgraded us to a suite. Nice to have them do that without being asked!

Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Quinte West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

July 23 - 27. We are staying in one of the family suites with our kids and pets and can't say enough how nice it is here. The suite is spacious and very clean. The staff are friendly and professional. There is a wonderful pool and it also is very clean. It is also very quiet here at night. A really nice place to bring your family. If we are ever to return to Kingston, we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for a week from June 30 to July 3 2012. booked this motel as it was CAA rated.
On the outskirt of Kingston beside CFB Kingston. Easy access from 401 Less than 5 min
from Fort Henry and Historical city center.Room was cleaned every day. We bought groceriers
for a weeks stay. small fridge held every thing quite well.Made picnic lunches every day
made supper on barbaques provided. Made omlette and home fries on small burner stove in
room. Provided dishes utensils pot and frying pan,toaster and tea kettle ,coffee maker.Only ate out 2 nights which made vacation much cheaper. Family that owns motel very
friendly and accomidating. Gave us info and directions to places we wanted to see in the area.
Motel has free wifi. Also has coin laundry on site an extra bonus. Would highly recommed to
this motel to anyone travelling in the Kingston area. If we are back in the area will certainly stay
again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here in June of 2012. I had a difficult time finding a room due to the rugby game and cyclist event being held the same weekend. I was a bit skeptical, but the Trip Advisor reviews were all quite high, so I ended up booking here. I was overall very pleased with the room.

I stayed in an Executive Suite with my 2 year old daugther. We arrived in Kingston very early (shortly after 11) and the owner went out of his way to accommmodate my early check-in. He immediately had a room cleaned and I was able to check in around noon. In the mean time, he allowed to use the staff washroom and wait in the office.

After check-in, I was trying to make my way upstairs to my room (216) and was struggling a bit with my daughter, playpen and a few other things. The two housekeepers offered me assistance and helped me get to my room in one trip.

The room itself was large and spacious. It was nice to have a sitting area with a TV so that I could put my daughter to bed and stay up for a bit myself. The room was exceptionally clean, furniture seemed to be new and the room itself was well maintained. The air conditioner worked well.

The motel is close to CFB Kingston and not too far off the highway.

Overall, an excellent alternative to a chain or franchise. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I have been making our way to Kingston from Ottawa now for over 25 years. We used to stay in one of the big box chain hotels right downtown, but had ongoing problems with them. Then one day on our way into town, we noticed the Executive Inn and decided to try it. We have never been so glad we did!!! We never stay anywhere else in Kingston...although it is not right downtown and we end up having to pay for parking in Kingston, it is still worth it! They are so close to downtown and the price, accommodations and especially the staff, never fail to make us feel at home when we arrive. We have never been disappointed like we have at much pricier hotels and the rooms upstairs (which I would highly recommend!) are fantastic: a small microwave, frig, sink, etc., off a little living room with one large color TV, which can be totally separated from the large separate bedroom, which also has a large color TV in it. Oh, and the little living room also has a pullout couch for extra guests! If you stay anywhere else in Kingston, you'd be losing out on this gem of a place.

Room Tip: See my above comments about the upstairs rooms in the main section of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hoechenschwand, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were very surpised about this motel. It has very big and clean rooms. The washroom is clean and big as well. There is a microwave and a ironing.station and a coffeemachine, a big TV and free WIFI. The beds are huge!! Free parking directly in front of the room is just great.The staff is very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast in the morning with cereal, toast, muffins and bagles, coffee, milk and tea and everything to a fair price......what more do you want??? We want to come again!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

A last minute trip to Kingston on a busy weekend meant most reasonably priced hotels were booked. The reviews for the Executive Inn were good, so we risked it, and we are glad we did. Newly renovated, excellent family service, and extremely quiet. All this at a fantastic price! Our new favorite place to stay in Kingston.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!