“Vietnamese cuisine in Tuscan decor” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #245 of 363 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Cambodian, Vietnamese
Kingston, Canada
“Vietnamese cuisine in Tuscan decor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Saigon Delights is a well known Kingston restaurant with a good reputation, unfortunately they are dropping the ball somewhere when it comes to this new location. I know that Asian restaurants in general often do little to change the decor when they open in a previous restaurant (as seen by a Chinese Restaurant in Kingston with Greek Decor) however, Fazoolio's Italian Restaurant which occupied this space previously had a wonderful Tuscan decor which has had no changes made other than changing to Vietnamese cuisine.

After low marks for decor, I`m afraid they don`t add any for food. We have ordered twice really trying to give them the benefit and having now ordered 5 different dishes, everything has been poor to fair at best. As big fans of the downtown location, we were really hoping for better since this location is less than a 5 minute drive from our house, sadly this is not the original Saigon Delights. At some point I may give them one more chance, maybe this summer sometime if they are still around. I will offer my review at that time if there is any change, however until then I would give it a pass.

• Visited January 2014