“We LOVE this place! But don't tell anyone!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Comox, Canada
“We LOVE this place! But don't tell anyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Can you keep a secret? Just between you and me, this has got to be one of the best places in Kingston for excellent food at a great price. And the desserts... well, you'll be challenged to choose just one.
OK, this place is really casual, I mean REALLY. You place your meal order with the guy at the grill. And check the boards above the grill for specials, of which there are usually lots.
So, you might be thinking that's a bit basic. But, then the food arrives and you can just sit back and enjoy.
Then, if you ordered one of the "$12 Meal Deals" or from the specials, you get to choose a great dessert -- I mean a really huge tasty dessert.
So 12 bucks will get you the main course, a non-alcoholic drink, and a delightful dessert. Where else can you get that kind of value?
BTW, if you're reading this at 2AM and you cannot get dessert out of your mind, the bakery is open 24 hours a day!
So, just so we can always get our favorite table, don't tell a soul about this little gem!

• Visited March 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Not just a bakery anymore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had a friend take me out to lunch one day and we tried this place. I live in the subdivision right behind Fardellas. I always purchased birthday cakes here, especially their famous St.Laurent cakes. I knew they had advertised that it was now a 24 hour cafe but I just never made a point of checking it out. What a mistake. This place is really, really good.

The atmosphere is really laid back. Maybe 10 or so tables and very unassuming. Having said that, don't expect to just show up at lunch and find a table. This place is generally quite busy. We arrived just before lunch and were fine.

The menu is veried and everything is made fresh on premises. Most items on the menu are $11.99 currently and that includes your meal, a drink and a dessert of your choice. Trust me, you are full when you leave and your wallet doesn't take a major hit. The food was delicious. The blueberry fritter I had was the size of a catchers mitt and so fresh. I had to find someone else to take to lunch later that week just so I could try other items on the menu.

My next visit might have to be for their breakfast. They serve it all day and it is very inexpensive. Next time you are in the plaza, give it a try. You won't be sorry. So far I can easily recommend the fish and chips and the hot turkey sandwiches. Oh and they still make all occasion cakes!!!

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Finally a restaurant in kingston that I love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Was getting quite discouraged as my son is in kingston for four years at university and I go visit him every month or so. We try and try to find a restaurant in Kingston where the food is good and not too expensive. Eureka we found it at Fardellas bakery super good and all home made with a pleasant homey atmosphere in the place. Totally love it, my new hang out for Kingston brunch, dinner and desserts are all yummy! Love it!

Visited January 2014
Kingston, Canada
“All three meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

At one time or another we have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at Fardella's. Everything we've tried has been good, not exactly gourmet but good tasting, substantial fare.
The service has always been friendly, almost neighbourly. The cook is completely out in the open and will actually ask you questions as to how you want your food. One day he explained how he was trying a new recipe for his lasagna sauce and wanted my honest opinion. It was delicious.
Good food, friendly service, reasonably priced and you have you choice of desert from their table. What more could you ask for?

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Just great!! Returning for brekkie is a definite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Wnt to Kingston for a day trip, left early so we could have breakfast in Kingston. While hubby drove I googled, found this place listed on Yelp and although not downtown which is where we were headed and planned to meander and shop all day by foot, decided it was worth the extra few minutes drive to the last Kingston exit on the westbound 401. Glad we did. Their breakfast/ brunch menu is not huge but is it tasty. Husband had their big breakfast that came with a side of buttermilk pancake that he said was perfectly done - the size of a dinner plate and fluffy (fluffy is a must for it to be a GOOD pancake!) that was along with coffee, eggs, toast, homemade hash browns (not those deep fried grease laden potatoe chunks you get everywhere else). I had a breakfast wrap that had egg bacon cheese and apple. It was just lovely. And of course there are all these fresh baked on premise goodies all around too. We thought it was just great and would certainly come back. but the best part - it was good AND reasonably priced. Brekkie (and our 4 take away baked goody treats) with tip was under $30!!

• Visited November 2013