“Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Peachtree Inn

Save Saved
You added Peachtree Inn to your Saves list
Peachtree Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1187 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 3E1, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Kingston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We are a family three doing a little road trip to the Ottawa Valley. We got this place blind on Hotwire and now we understand why they had so much vacancy in high season. First, it's located in a half-shuttered strip mall, on the outskirts. On the plus side, parking is free. You need a car to drive in to town, or take a shuttle bus. The common areas are run down and dirty. The carpets had not seen a steam cleaner or stain remover in a while. Our key cards did not work half the time. The room was fine, although you could not open the windows, and the AC filter kept falling out. On the positive side, the room had a large fridge to store your TV dinners and a microwave to heat them.

The free breakfast was basic and there was no proper dining room. Everyone ate at bare plastic foldable conference tables. The coffee was tasteless. However, delicious and nutritious Fruit Loops were take advantage of by the youngest member of our trio despite exhortations to the contrary by the adults. Staff were pleasant, reasonably helpful and generally nice, but they did not make up for the shortcomings of the owner and management. We definitely got what we paid for. There are much better options elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ManagerFrontOffice, Manager at Peachtree Inn, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your response. I would like to address some of your points as you. You are correct that Hotwire picks your hotel but you select the star rating and if you are looking for a budget hotel that is the category we fit into. If you were to look on our website you will see our location as a mid town property with a short 10 minute drive to the downtown core.
This is a plaza style hotel, not common anymore but this property is in the midst of an upgrade so yes we do look a bit under construction.
Your reference to cleanliness, steam cleaned carpets, open windows and AC filter falling out has been taken into consideration. We clean the rooms everyday and pay attention to stains on the carpets which is a concern since we have been very busy over the summer season.
Our dining area has clean plastic table that are sanitized daily for our guests.
I hope I have answered some of your questions and would suggest that you read the hotel description so that you have an understanding of what your paying for when booking on a hotel website.
Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is fundamentally a very run down hotel that is so tired that any renovation would be a waste of time. Rooms are bare, furniture outdated and the place has zero charm at all. Sounds travel easily.

Unless you get a fantastic deal steer clear of this place. Walking through the door takes you back 35 years in time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I wish I could recommend this hotel but cant. The first three rooms we checked out had beds so squeaky that we could never had gotten any sleep. The manager was very helpful and we finally found a room that was alright. The rooms are large but the furniture has seen better days. The location is not great. Hallways are hot and dark. If you stay here ask for room facing the back. As far as value goes...again just average. We didn't eat breakfast here instead went to the iconic Morrison's Café downtown!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TORONTO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I took a trip to Kingston from Toronto just to get a quick break from the traffic and the concrete jungle that is Toronto, even though it is the cultural capital of Canada.!

I went online and booked the train ride Via Rail, and the hotel in Kingston on the same day that I traveled.

I have been several times to Niagara Falls and even though it is always a delightful trip especially just watching one of the wonders of the world!

Anyways I reached Kingston and took a cab the hotel. Only $10 which was a good start.

Unfortunately In the rush of things I booked for the hotel with a check in one day late and a checkout one day late. I realized this too late. I figured that if they had the room they would just adjust the days since they got the funds for the same number of days.

The receptionist was very congenial and friendly but (because of company policy?) I had to pay for the first day up front and then call hotels.com as soon as I checked in. It took a while but the booking agent was helpful and this was done.

I thought the hotel was centrally located so it was ok.

There are quaint pubs and a steak house nearby.

I brought my swimming kit hoping that I would go for a swim as this was what the blurb showed.

When I asked about this I was told that there was no pool and that the management group that manages a few hotels advertised this!)

The staff were very helpful and congenial. The breakfast was great, especially the large fruit salad bowl. They served free coffee all day.
The housekeeping staff were also helpful.

Room Tip: try for a lower floor room to possibly get better wi fi signalling
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The stay was not horrible. The hotel rooms were average as well as the one elevator and the sounds between rooms really carried. The rooms were freezing cold when we first entered and always has an odd odour. The beds were quite old for the price. It was really disappointing mostly because of the staff. Not quite sure if the service was slow because it was busy, or they just didn't feel the need to solve problems quickly. It was around 10 that we called the front desk to request an extra pillow where they said they would check. It wasn't until around 11:30 that they called back and said they had none extra. Particularly the front desk, the staff was not the most pleasant. I don't think any of them ever smiled once. The lemon water at the front desk when you arrive was warm water with lemons, that definitely ruined the first impressions of the hotel. They weren't very welcoming when we arrived and were much more rude when we checked out. It almost felt like they didn't even care whether or not we had a nice stay. The prices were really high for the quality and honestly not worth. But I guess if your desperate for a hotel, you can deal with it. If your looking for an nice getaway don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our 1st time to Kingston & decided to book online & although I didn't check other hotels for prices the Peachtree was very affordable & then I noticed the hotel was above stores in a "strip mall" but I always say you cant judge a book by it's cover.
When we checked in we asked about the discount for CAA the clerk told us because it was a busy wknd they weren't giving discounts even though there was a sign saying the hotel is CAA affiliated
we told him just because the hotel was busy you should still give the discounts and with that said he says "let me see what I can do"..............and LO & BEHOLD we got our discount :)
Anyway we were very impressed with our room which had a jacuzzi it was very big & spacious with kitchen furniture was comfortable the bed was comfy...............overall very impressed with the room........we would stay there again that's for sure
Was very impressed with Kingston being our 1st time visiting will visit again hopefully.

Oh and we drove all the way from Stratford

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Peachtree Inn? Share your experiences!