I love Seven Oakes in Kingston, Ontario. I’ve stayed there three times in the past month, because this beautiful city is a great stopping-off point between my home in Michigan and family-related activities in Vermont. I’ve tried other places, but Seven Oakes is my personal favorite, for a number of reasons:
1. It’s a blast from the past. Independently owned places like Seven Oakes are becoming few and far between. I love being able to drive up to my door and unload my car; I sleep better knowing my car is just a few yards away.
2. I like the other people who are staying here. Last week there was a young family with charming children on one side of us, and a young couple who bravely used the swimming pool (in 60-degree temperatures) on the other. Two doors down an extended French Canadian family sat on the sidewalk outside their rooms, quietly talking and laughing, quite cordial. When we returned from dinner at 8:30 pm, they had all gone inside. The guests I have encountered here seem to be happy, respectful of others, and considerate.
3. It’s quiet. There’s no elevator noise, none of the slamming of doors and locks that you’d get in a high-rise hotel on the harbor. At Seven Oakes, I’ve never had my sleep disturbed by loud and/or inebriated guests just outside my door. The property is on a major highway (Princess Street) but the traffic noise is minimal.
4. It’s clean. The proprietors care very much about their property and they want each guest to have a good experience here. The furnishings and fittings aren’t fancy, but they’re immaculate.
5. Great WiFi! After a long day of driving, I need it! And so do my kids. And at Seven Oakes, it’s easily accessible, very dependable, and quite speedy.
6. It gives me the things I need. Like WiFi, a fridge, a few good cable channels, cleanliness, just the right number of 100% cotton towels, free parking, a decent shower, the security of several locks on the door, peace and quiet, and a friendly staff. I don’t need a clock radio (I have a cell phone), tiny toiletries (I bring the ones that work for me), or printed materials promoting local pizza companies.
7. The owners are awesome. Stay once, come again, they’ll remember you. They sincerely want you to be happy here, and they work very hard to meet your expectations. They have been especially kind to my 80-something-young mother, who has stayed here twice. My mom, in turn, loves them right back.
8. You can’t beat the price. I have researched other accommodations in Kingston, and even stayed at a few, but Seven Oakes offers the best value.
9. Convenient location, part 1. There are pubs, restaurants and fast food nearby. Better still: there’s a FreshCo grocery store right next door. Tired of restaurants and rich food, we went there and bought Fresh Attitude Salads for our dinner, and then congratulated ourselves on having made a healthy and delicious choice. Two salads plus crusty baguette = $9. There’s a Tim Horton’s within easy walking distance for morning cravings.
10. Convenient location, part 2. Take the Sydenham exit off the 401. Turn right at Princess Street. Turn left into Seven Oakes at the top of the hill. Easy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Seven Oakes Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Oakes Motel
- Seven Oakes Hotel Kingston
- Seven Oakes Kingston
- Seven Oakes Motel Kingston, Ontario